video of Arsenal fans throwing banana at Ade

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: video of Arsenal fans throwing banana at Ade

Post by goke313 »

tfco wrote:
Kaizer wrote: Please, where iis the apology from Fergie/Man Utd for the abuse Wenger got just 2 weeks ago.He never did anything to them...
so one mistake makes the other good?
you people sef....you go sell your souls for a football club

This thread is further proof of why we in Africa kill ourselves over an EPL match
nothing new...if u watch boondocks u know da deal...some CE members support racism

EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

I dont know if the fans who threw a banana were racist, but i do know it was totally wrong including the throwing of coins, a stool etc.. There can be NO excuse for that no matter what, especially as they were booing Adebayor. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth to see the Away fans behaving like that even in the face of provocation.

If i were in the stadium would i throw a coin or banana? Neither, because i would've gone to watch a game not partake in any form of hooliganism. However, some of these English fans take the support of their team so seriously that they are ready to commit acts of violence to express themselves, irrespective of club affiliation. Even if the banana throwing was not racially intended, the mere sight of the away fans going bonkers trying to get to Ade was mindboggling.

I know the away fans spend hundreds of pounds following the team but that should not warrant the need to express themselves violently. And in that respect i condemn those that were involved, especially as they hurt those fans that didnt want to take part.

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

EagleGunner wrote:I dont know if the fans who threw a banana were racist, but i do know it was totally wrong including the throwing of coins, a stool etc.. There can be NO excuse for that no matter what, especially as they were booing Adebayor. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth to see the Away fans behaving like that even in the face of provocation.

If i were in the stadium would i throw a coin or banana? Neither, because i would've gone to watch a game not partake in any form of hooliganism. However, some of these English fans take the support of their team so seriously that they are ready to commit acts of violence to express themselves, irrespective of club affiliation. Even if the banana throwing was not racially intended, the mere sight of the away fans going bonkers trying to get to Ade was mindboggling.

I know the away fans spend hundreds of pounds following the team but that should not warrant the need to express themselves violently. And in that respect i condemn those that were involved, especially as they hurt those fans that didnt want to take part.
Thanks Oga for your report.

Oya Waffiman, Babafat and ZT see how mature gooners behave.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

EagleGunner wrote:I dont know if the fans who threw a banana were racist, but i do know it was totally wrong including the throwing of coins, a stool etc.. There can be NO excuse for that no matter what, especially as they were booing Adebayor. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth to see the Away fans behaving like that even in the face of provocation.

Nobody has said what the fans did was right. But (& as I have said elsewhere) the match was 80mins old at that point. The only person who had caused any trouble had been Adebawhore.

The fans simply reacted to Adebawhore's foolishness.
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
yaya

Post by yaya »

Cellular wrote: It is not a sanctimonious hypocritical drivel... the unfortunate part is that you have always been in the fore-front of any racism or reverse racism on this site only to be caught defending racist acts simply because it was done by a club you support and love.
this is what shocks me the most. Everyone knows I am always laughing at, and attacking waffi here, but there's one thing i always genuinely respected waffi for, and thats his zero tolerance and stance against racism. I am truely and painfully disappointed.
yaya

Post by yaya »

babafag, u don forget the useless family you come from? dey open ur smelly mouth dey talk about another person pbringing, when you come from the slums. :rotf: :rotf:
Babafad wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Babafad wrote:
Cellular wrote:BTW, do they sell bananas at the stadium?
Celly, yes they do!
No mind Cellular,.

BTW! Look this picture. See as Toure dey beg Arsenal fans. Even that dog Bellamy come beg Arsenal fans. Need I say more.

Toure is pure class and is from a decent family. Just look at the way his brother handles himself as well. Adebawhore on the other hand is a street urchin done good (moneywise) with a pathetic upbringing.

Kolo, we all love you men!! :thumb:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Babafad wrote:

Nobody has said what the fans did was right. But (& as I have said elsewhere) the match was 80mins old at that point. The only person who had caused any trouble had been Adebawhore.

yea and Cesc/RVP weren't trying to take out Adebayor's legs
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

Waffiman wrote: They were angry, well vexed and lost control just like Adebayor did. They fact that they threw a banana in anger is no proof whatsoever of racism. I could easily have thrown bananas at Adebayor if I was at that stadium, because it was the only thing I had to throw. Given all what happened before that celebration, I am surprised a riot did not break out in the stadium. The police even said so.
:o :shock: :boo:
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Babafad wrote:

Babafad,
I decided to post in response to the title of the thread, because i have in the past had the opportunity to work with Kanu & KHF on anti-racism projects in the UK and as such take the topic very seriously and did not want to dilute my initial message.

Now on the issue of Adebayor, i tend to view it thus. He was always going to be pumped up and pysched for this game as his former team were in town and therefore one could have predicted that there was going to be a fallout of some sort in his overall play. HOWEVER, even though Adebayor the player was one of my favourites at the Emirates, Adebayor the man let me down so many times during his stay and in the end it was best for both parties that he went to City.

What he did during the match was unbecoming of a professional especially towards his recent former team mates and the mad dash to the opposing fans was irresponsible to say the least.

EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Is there no way you can make your point without the diatribe?
yaya wrote:babafag, u don forget the useless family you come from? dey open ur smelly mouth dey talk about another person pbringing, when you come from the slums. :rotf: :rotf:
Babafad wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Babafad wrote:
Cellular wrote:BTW, do they sell bananas at the stadium?
Celly, yes they do!
No mind Cellular,.

BTW! Look this picture. See as Toure dey beg Arsenal fans. Even that dog Bellamy come beg Arsenal fans. Need I say more.

Toure is pure class and is from a decent family. Just look at the way his brother handles himself as well. Adebawhore on the other hand is a street urchin done good (moneywise) with a pathetic upbringing.

Kolo, we all love you men!! :thumb:

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

EagleGunner wrote:Is there no way you can make your point without the diatribe?
I believe it was a reaction to Babafad's ill mannered characterisation of Adebayor.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Thunder wrote:You guys need to cut it out. Adebayor was the insigator-in-chief. None of this would have happened, if he had not run the full length of the field to celebrate in front of the fans. Bear in mind also, that he was warming up in Arsenal's side of the field before been shepherd back to his sides. 'Am an Arsenal fan to the core, and didn't support the way he was treated, or his sale to city. But truth be told, he almost started a riot.
So i guess they brought the banana to chop during half-time, what is wrong with u people self?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

toyin133 wrote:
EagleGunner wrote:Is there no way you can make your point without the diatribe?
I believe it was a reaction to Babafad's ill mannered characterisation of Adebayor.
Are you saying he was provoked? :P

Anyway, Babafad and Waffi na my guys but I no get dis wan at all at all... I mean, worraheck... especially knowing dat dem two would stuff a banana where the sun don't shine if someone came at them with some racist ish deservedly or not...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

this club allegiance na wa o :lol:
felarey wrote:
shakakaka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I could easily have thrown bananas at Adebayor if I was at that stadium, because it was the only thing I had to throw.
:roll: (I've heard it all now).
:lol: :lol: :lol: ***smh***

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

wale1974 wrote:
Thunder wrote:You guys need to cut it out. Adebayor was the insigator-in-chief. None of this would have happened, if he had not run the full length of the field to celebrate in front of the fans. Bear in mind also, that he was warming up in Arsenal's side of the field before been shepherd back to his sides. 'Am an Arsenal fan to the core, and didn't support the way he was treated, or his sale to city. But truth be told, he almost started a riot.
So i guess they brought the banana to chop during half-time, what is wrong with u people self?
Are you seriously suggesting people do not eat bananas? Or should not eat bananas at a football match?

When i'm sat at work and look around the office and see half the people eating bananas or pineapple, am i meant to be offended?

Did you notice it was already open and half eaten?

The accusations of racism are fair, but to just dismiss any other explanation (including blindingly obvious and clearly innocent ones) is just plain ridiculous and shows the accusations have less to do with being anti-racism and more to do with anti-Arsenal.

Grow up and get real.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Eagle Winged wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting people do not eat bananas? Or should not eat bananas at a football match?

When i'm sat at work and look around the office and see half the people eating bananas or pineapple, am i meant to be offended?

The accusations of racism are fair, but to just dismiss any other explanation (including blindingly obvious and clearly innocent ones) is just plain ridiculous and shows the accusations have less to do with being anti-racism and more to do with anti-Arsenal.

Grow up and get real.
beer can for one hand ... banana for the other... hmmm. Which one shall I troway to a black man. My beer? N1gga is u crazy? ... the decisions of an angry racist assnal fan. :rotf:
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Grow up and get real.
beer can for one hand ... banana for the other... hmmm. Which one shall I troway to a black man. My beer? N1gga is u crazy? :rotf:
More illogic from the usual suspects.

Who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person didn't throw beer and the half-eaten banana? Who told you they consciously chose to throw a banana and didn't just throw whatever they had in their hand at the time?

It's pretty clear to any unbiased, logical mind who the crazy ones here are. Let me say it again loud and clear, as like with most discussions on CE, when you make a clear and valid point, people ignore it and continue with their agenda:

goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Grow up and get real.
beer can for one hand ... banana for the other... hmmm. Which one shall I troway to a black man. My beer? N1gga is u crazy? ... the decisions of an angry racist assnal fan. :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Eagle Winged wrote: Who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person didn't throw beer and the banana?
sadly for u shameless assnal appologists, the footage clearly shows 2 things: 1 cheap plastic stool + numerous banana skins. ... where's the beer can? burger wraper nko? abi una no dey chop buger for rondon? :taunt:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Eagle Winged wrote:
green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Grow up and get real.
beer can for one hand ... banana for the other... hmmm. Which one shall I troway to a black man. My beer? N1gga is u crazy? :rotf:
More illogic from the usual suspects.

Who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person didn't throw beer and the half-eaten banana? Who told you they consciously chose to throw a banana and didn't just throw whatever they had in their hand at the time?

It's pretty clear to any unbiased, logical mind who the crazy ones here are. Let me say it again loud and clear, as like with most discussions on CE, when you make a clear and valid point, people ignore it and continue with their agenda:

Nobody GIVES a F U C K about Arsenal/Chelsea/EPl/ w/e FOOTBALL...the main topic is Racism

so don't hit us up with that bs...the Adebayor hate is based on racism
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote: Who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person didn't throw beer and the banana?
sadly for u shameless assnal appologists, the footage clearly shows 2 things: 1 cheap plastic stool + numerous banana skins. ... where's the beer can? burger wraper nko? abi una no dey chop buger for rondon? :taunt:
And i ask again; who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person had a burger wraper?

A Chelsea fan getting on his high horse about shameless apologists and racism among fans. Now i've heard it all.

What next; Zenit St. Petersbourg opening a training academy in Lagos?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Eruobodo wrote:Adebayor is a thug. He should have had more than Bananas thrown at him for the way he behaved. I have never liked the guy and I also feel he is a no talent piece of garbage that got lucky but thinks the whole world owes him something. It is an unspoken rule, you do not celebrate against your old team and worse still, what exactly did RVP do to him that he had to stamp on him. The guy is just a flat out thug and anyone who supports the riffraff should be ashamed of themselves.
YOU ARE JUST A DRAMA QUEEN, JUST CRAWL BACK INTO THE GARBAGE U CAME FROM B!TCH
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Babafad wrote:
Nipsy wrote:To anyone trying to defend this, it is absolutely outrageous. This has NOTHING to do with Adebayor's behaviour on the day. Think about it: you're in the stands, the guy scores a goal and sprints over, and a banana (or some euphemistic substitute) suddenly materialises in your hand? So what are you telling me? You sprinted to the shops in mini-seconds and came back with it? It was obviously intended, and the same ilk of fandom had been harassing the guy before he left the club. They had their issues. We can talk all night about the fairness of that. But, for heaven's sake, just deal with it.
You are overlooking the fact that bananas are a freely/widely available commodity on the market. Normally, as is the case with eggs which are also thrown at antagonists, they are bought with the initial intent of being eaten.
HONESTLY I PRAY THAT KKK OR SKIN-HEAD WOULD PAY U A VISIT