Toure slams "unacceptable" behaviour of Arsenal players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet
Toure slams "unacceptable" behaviour of Arsenal players

Post by goke313 »

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... e-emmanuel

Manchester City captain Kolo Toure has defended team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor, accusing his former Arsenal team-mates of “unacceptable” pre-match behaviour

Toure alleges that his former Gunners team-mates shunned Adebayor before the match, refusing to shake the Togo striker’s hand.

"I am astounded because he has received blows from all the Arsenal players," Toure told The Sun.

"Even though he was the first to go and salute them in the tunnel, even those who had an affinity with him didn't want to shake his hand.

"For me that is unacceptable."

Adebayor is expected to learn today what punishment, if any, he will receive for his alleged stamp on Robin van Persie, and his overzealous goal celebrations in the 4-2 victory on Saturday.

The newly-appointed City captain admitted that Adebayor's confrontation with the fans was undesirable, admitting that the Togolese should not have reacted to the abuse form Arsenal fans.

"There was a very difficult moment with the supporters," he said.

"At the start of the game they were whistling at him as if he never brought anything to the club. It was hard.

"I don't caution him for his gesture although I tried to stop him and I also have apologised to the fans. It's not to them that he should do this.

"I told him that this was not a good thing and he apologised. The problem is that they booed him while they applauded me.

"It was a reaction of pride. The whole world could have a reaction like that."

Toure also defended Adebayor's move from Arsenal to Manchester City, insisting that the decision was not driven by financial motives.

"Certain people want others to believe he left for the money but we know he was pushed to leave. I know it because I was present," he said.

"I firmly believe he left to bring money to the club."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Kolo Toure Defends Emmanuel Adebayor

Post by Waffiman »

We love Kolo but we expect him to say those things. Arsenal no longer pay his wages, City does.

BTW! Adebayor is now facing the due process. A 3 match ban first, then more later. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Toure slams "unacceptable" behaviour of Arsenal players

Post by maceo4 »

So Arseanal players don't even want to shake his hand, even before everything went down on the field? If thats not classless then I don't know what is!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

maceo4 wrote:So Arseanal players don't even want to shake his hand, even before everything went down on the field? If thats not classless then I don't know what is!
Most of them were trying to hurt him during the game...but of course in True African Fashion he unleashed Garri Servings :biggrin:

Adebayor did Africa proud :thumb:
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

maceo4 wrote:So Arseanal players don't even want to shake his hand, even before everything went down on the field? If thats not classless then I don't know what is!
let Chief Waffiman wallow in ignorance, isn't that how African sold their own for trinket ,rum and mirror. Waffi, Babafat and Papak are selling their own for 10th row Arsenal season ticket
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The thing is so classless, it makes me want to puke!
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

why should they shake his dirty hands with all the sugar he was talking before game?
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Classless players!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

PapaK wrote:
why should they shake his dirty hands with all the sugar he was talking before game?
Because you guys claim to be a classy club, so why wouldn't you? Abi you are admitting your club is just as classless as you want us to believe Adebayor is?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

maceo4 wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Because you guys claim to be a classy club, so why wouldn't you? Abi you are admitting your club is just as classless as you want us to believe Adebayor is?
well, I suppose we all have different understanding of class. You cant be pissing on me in the press and then come around to my hotel room and expect a friendly hi-5. I dont know how it works for you, but I'm very cool with the kind of treatment the Arsenal players gave him. Couldnt he ask himself why they didnt have to do that to Kolo?
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kolo Toure Defends Emmanuel Adebayor

Post by Babafad »

Waffiman wrote:BTW! Adebayor is now facing the due process.
For a minute there, I thought Adebawhore had now started to work for Yar'Adua! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

PapaK wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
PapaK wrote:
well, I suppose we all have different understanding of class. You cant be pissing on me in the press and then come around to my hotel room and expect a friendly hi-5. I dont know how it works for you, but I'm very cool with the kind of treatment the Arsenal players gave him. Couldnt he ask himself why they didnt have to do that to Kolo?
When did Adebayor personally piss on any of the Arseanal players that refused to shake his hand? Adebayor may have problems with the club but at the end of the day these are supposed to be professionals in a professional environment it makes no sense not to shake each others hand. Its quite classless no matter how you try to spin it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

airwolex wrote:
Classless players!
Why should they shake his hands when he was confronting some of their team mates and trying to intimidate them. I have heard what went on in the dressing room corridors and Adebayor's behaviour. Wenger had to warn his players not to get involved. There is no place for such behaviour in football. I hear the Arsenal players have refused to co-operate with the FA's overall investigations, if this is the case, he is lucky, he would have been seriously hammered. Man City have a problem, they know Adebayor's conduct was a disgrace and they have to be careful not to make things worse. Have you noticed their response to RvP's Arsenal's statement? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

IMHO, the Arsenal players conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism in the face of such provocation.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

airwolex wrote:
Classless players!
Wolex, so what is then??

REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Classless players!
Why should they shake his hands when he was confronting some of their team mates and trying to intimidate them. I have heard what went on in the dressing room corridors and Adebayor's behaviour. Wenger had to warn his players not to get involved. There is no place for such behaviour in football. I hear the Arsenal players have refused to co-operate with the FA's overall investigations, if this is the case, he is lucky, he would have been seriously hammered. Man City have a problem, they know Adebayor's conduct was a disgrace and they have to be careful not to make things worse. Have you noticed their response to RvP's Arsenal's statement? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

IMHO, the Arsenal players conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism in the face of such provocation.

At the end of the day Man City 4-2 Arsenal :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

maceo4 wrote:
PapaK wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
PapaK wrote:
When did Adebayor personally piss on any of the Arseanal players that refused to shake his hand? Adebayor may have problems with the club but at the end of the day these are supposed to be professionals in a professional environment it makes no sense not to shake each others hand. Its quite classless no matter how you try to spin it.
Just before kickoff, what was Adebayor doing going into Arsenal half, barging into Denilson and remonstrating with Cesc and other Arsenal players? That is unacceptable behaviour, he is lucky the Arsenal players have refused to cooperate with the FA. Adebayor would have been banned for at least 9 matches if his ex team mates wanted to do him.
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

REDSPYDA wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Classless players!

so what?
does that relieve you of some pain when the scoreboard read Liverpool 1-3 Aston Villa?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

REDSPYDA wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Classless players!

We will get back our 3 points at the Emirates. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

REDSPYDA wrote:At the end of the day Man City 4-2 Arsenal :rotf: :rotf:
Exactly, and that's the koko of the matter. But Adebawhore has shifted attention away from the wonderful achievement of his TEAM MATES on to HIMSELF. That's why he he no longer a player at Arsenal. The angel* no be team player, a fact that Man City and their fans are now begining to find out.

If Adebawhore is banned and misses the Man Utd game, the fans will be asking themselves what would have happened if Adebawhore had played. Then 2+2 will = 5 and 1+2 will = 9! :lol:

The guy will always be an accident waiting to happen. :oops:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Babafad wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Classless players!
Wolex, so what is then??

Errrr..... Babafad, I am told RvP turned his face away and barely shook his hand. No Arsenal player agreed to swap Jersey with him. I think Eboue did in the end. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kolo on the other hand got about 7 jersies as his former team mates obliged.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Waffiman wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
PapaK wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Just before kickoff, what was Adebayor doing going into Arsenal half, barging into Denilson and remonstrating with Cesc and other Arsenal players? That is unacceptable behaviour, he is lucky the Arsenal players have refused to cooperate with the FA. Adebayor would have been banned for at least 9 matches if his ex team mates wanted to do him.
This is what old mates do all the time before they play one another, I mean come on Waffi!!!! Its little banter/play between mates...your players being so damn uptight is probably why they got their arses whopped. :winking:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Waffiman wrote:Image

......barely shook his hand.
So what is Toure b!tching about then?? Or was he expecting RvP to give Adebawhore a french kiss??? :lol: