Shame on EPL and all their low life Referees....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Shame on EPL and all their low life Referees....

Post by Dodo »

Curve whiz wrote:
Dodo wrote:minute added for exuberant City celebrations for a goal scored 89.54

four minutes added shown, obviously, ref indicates to 4th official how many minutes minimum to be added before 89.54

30 seconds added for Carrick sub

please answer me this, has any game ever ended in injury time on half a minute?

anyway, whats new, same hypocrites all over the thread

ps MO scored on 95.28
Well the game should have ended by 95.26 if we are going to be petty and calculate it to the letter. 4mins + 56mins for celebration + 30seconds for substitution means game should have ended by the time Lescott headed it. Look any sane referee in any part of the world except England would have ended that game on 95 sec dead.
yeah he should have, when the ball was in motion towards goal :thumbs:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
D*CK-HEAD REF BUYS MANURE TIME TO WIN @ OLD TOILET!

Post by paj »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 265746.stm

Hughes demands explanation for added time

City boss Mark Hughes has demanded an explanation from the referee after United striker Michael Owen settled the Manchester derby in the 96th minute.

Substitute Owen slotted past Shay Given to seal a thrilling 4-3 win for United, despite the fourth official having indicated just four extra minutes.

"We need an explanation because I don't know why the referee has added that amount of time on," said Hughes.

"We just feel a little bit aggrieved that they were given that time."

City looked on course for a point after Craig Bellamy's fine individual goal made it 3-3 in the 90th minute.

606: DEBATE
There's no way in a million years there should have been almost seven minutes of injury time

IntertotoJim
"I have not had a word with the referee yet but the the fourth official (Alan Wiley) tried to give me an explanation of sorts as I was questioning the amount of time added on even before the game finished," said Hughes.

"His explanation did not sit comfortably with me. He said a minute plus had been added because of our celebration. We scored on 90 minutes, the board was already up for four minutes, so Mr Wiley said he was going to add that minute on.

"The amount of time from when we scored to when we kicked-off was something like 45 seconds. He has got that wrong as well. It was 95 minutes 26 seconds.

"Obviously he has played too much time and we ended up playing 97 minutes. I just needed an explanation as to why so much time was needed. United were given a little more time than they should have been given to get the goal.

"Historically it has happened before. I was in teams here where we always had a little bit of benefit. I never felt it was an issue when we played here.

"But since I have left maybe I have changed my view on that. I am not going to question anyone's integrity but I do not know where has got seven minutes from.

We're disappointed, we put in a hell of a shift today

Manchester City Mark Hughes
"It would be nice to get an explanation but I don't think I will."

As well as taking goal celebrations into account, the officials are entitled to add 30 seconds for United's stoppage-time substitution which saw Michael Carrick come on for Anderson.

In the event, referee Martin Atkinson didn't blow the whistle until 96 minutes and 58 seconds were on the clock and Hughes believes the pressure of the Old Trafford crowd may have played its part.

"We've done really well to come back three times against Manchester United at Old Trafford," he added. "It's a big stage here and that puts everyone under pressure, including the referees.

"For whatever reason he's go the timing wrong."

City's £120 million summer spending spree, including the capture of Carlos Tevez from United, added extra spice to the fixture, as did Sir Alex Ferguson's pre-season dismissal of United's neighbours as "a small club with a small mentality".

The visitors came back to level the game three times before Owen's late winner and Hughes says he was proud of his team's efforts.

"We're disappointed, we put in a hell of a shift today," said Hughes. "Craig Bellamy scored two magnificent goals. He didn't deserve to be on the losing side."
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: D*CK-HEAD REF BUYS MANURE TIME TO WIN @ OLD TOILET!

Post by bamenda boy »

I did not know that time was given only to Man United. Wow. Why did they not give Shitty sometime too? :ohmy:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

bamenda boy wrote:I did not know that time was given only to Man United. Wow. Why did they not give Shitty sometime too? :ohmy:
City had more to gain with a tie IN OLD TRASHFORD....
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Just finished watching the Game--What a heck of a game.

Matt Hughes gotta work on his Defense--Capello, Hope you are not Thinking this Ben

Foster is "IT". His Decision making Process ?.

EPL Referees :twisted: :twisted: .
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

spastic wrote:Guys, we are not crying over spilt milk. The refs did not put the ball in the net, a Manu player did :idea: We will be better next time! And that id a fukking promise :twisted:

By the way, the likes of Penarity and co. Man City does not want, need or require your support :evil: So feel free not to ever support City. We will be just fine could have sneaked a point today, but didn't. That said Man U was the better team for laerger parts of the 2nd half, and they deserved the win. No complaints here.

But I promise you all this, they will not survive the fight at the Stadium of Manchester :twisted:

Bet on it :idea:
When did you start supporting City sef? :dream: :dream:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

While everyone is going nuts about Zlatan and Mings (as usual focusing on Man Utd games), the worst refereeing scandal of the weekend was in the Swansea v Burnley game. Burnley's Sam Vokes handled the ball in the Swansea area, and the referee Bobby Madley awarded a penalty to Burnley!
:shock:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... s-handball

Madley had been out on a bender before the game for his stag do prior to his wedding. Kevin Friend also attended the stag do so that might explain his odd performance in the Man Utd -v- Bournemouth game.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

wiseone wrote:While everyone is going nuts about Zlatan and Mings, the worst refereeing scandal of the weekend was in the Swansea v Burnley game. Burnley's Sam Vokes handled the ball in the Swansea area, and the referee Bobby Madley awarded a penalty to Burnley! :shock:

Madley had been out on a bender before the game for his stag do prior to his wedding. Kevin Friend also attended the stag do so that might explain his odd performance in the Man Utd -v- Bournemouth game.
The ref probably 'balanced' things up by ignoring Llorente's shoving of his marker be fore he headed home Swansea's last minute winner.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Where PABLO dey self?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

anointed wrote:
wiseone wrote:While everyone is going nuts about Zlatan and Mings, the worst refereeing scandal of the weekend was in the Swansea v Burnley game. Burnley's Sam Vokes handled the ball in the Swansea area, and the referee Bobby Madley awarded a penalty to Burnley! :shock:

The ref probably 'balanced' things up by ignoring Llorente's shoving of his marker be fore he headed home Swansea's last minute winner.
I have never heard of this rule...When did Fifa introduce it?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

bk-one wrote:
anointed wrote:

I have never heard of this rule...When did Fifa introduce it?
But you sure have heard of inverted commas, right?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Leicester got robbed yesterday against Man City. When Silva scored City's first goal Sterling was standing in an offside position inside the Leicester 6 yard box, interfering with play, preventing Leicester's Fuchs from clearing the ball, AND tried to kick the ball on its way in. Even the Man City players knew it was offside because both Silva and Sterling paused, and turned to look at the linesman before continuing their celebrations.

Yet referee Bobby Madley (who failed to see an adult male lurking offside inside the Leicester 6 yard box), had the eagle eyes to spot a technical infringement from Mahrez's penalty. He was Johnny on the Spot to disallow the penalty that accidentally ricocheted off Mahrez's standing foot before going into the net.

Side note - Griezmann's penalty for Atletico against Real 5 days ago should have been disallowed for the same reason. Griezmann also hit the ball twice (albeit accidentally) as he struck the penalty. The ball hit his standing leg exactly the way it did with Mahrez.