PAUL OBIEFULE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
PAUL OBIEFULE

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Danes sign Nigerian starlet
Thursday, 08 July 2004

Teams:

Nigeria

by Kent Hedlundh
Danish outfit Viborg have pulled off a notable transfer coup by landing Nigerian starlet Paul Obiefule.
The teenager has already earned full international honours with The Super Eagles and has agreed to move to Denmark.

Obiefule has yet to spring to the attention of the wider footballing public but is tipped for a bright future.

That makes Viborg's capture of the 18-year-old all the more noteworthy and they are looking to secure a double deal.

Fellow Nigerian youngster Mojo Kingsley is undergoing a trial with Viborg with a view to clinching a contract with the Superliga club.

Club director Morten Jensen told Viborg's official website: "Mojo gets the chance to prove his talent in Europe whilst we get the opportunity to check on him closer since he will stay for a longer period."
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wrong move. Once again an I question the reasoning behind this. I believe Paul deserved better and could have done better. I blame his reprensentative for selling short. Silly Baggas!! :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Well i pray this is the start of good things for those boys.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

I am constantly saddened that Nigerian players are signing for every fourth grade club as long as they are in Europe. Our players are putting the lure of foreign currency ahead of their footballing futures, Aghahowa, Christopher, Obiefule and many more are mortgaging their futures all for the sake of a bowl of porridge.

Never negotiate a deal on an empty stomach, Nigerian players seem to have forgotten this basic maxim in the business world.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:I am constantly saddened that Nigerian players are signing for every fourth grade club as long as they are in Europe. Our players are putting the lure of foreign currency ahead of their footballing futures, Aghahowa, Christopher, Obiefule and many more are mortgaging their futures all for the sake of a bowl of porridge.

Never negotiate a deal on an empty stomach, Nigerian players seem to have forgotten this basic maxim in the business world.
Paul had no choice. Remember Vibourg contacted him after the LG Tournament before he had made his full debut.

No one knew he was really this good until he played un the Unity Cup. By then, He had already vbeen to Denmark to agree a deal with Vibourg.

The only way he could have gone elsewhere would have been if someone bigger came in for him and gazzumped Vibourg. As far as I am aware, this did not happen, so the choice was either he go to Vibourg or stay put at Iwuanyawu Nationale.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:I am constantly saddened that Nigerian players are signing for every fourth grade club as long as they are in Europe. Our players are putting the lure of foreign currency ahead of their footballing futures, Aghahowa, Christopher, Obiefule and many more are mortgaging their futures all for the sake of a bowl of porridge.

Paul had no choice. Remember Vibourg contacted him after the LG Tournament before he had made his full debut.

No one knew he was really this good until he played un the Unity Cup. By then, He had already vbeen to Denmark to agree a deal with Vibourg.

The only way he could have gone elsewhere would have been if someone bigger came in for him and gazzumped Vibourg. As far as I am aware, this did not happen, so the choice was either he go to Vibourg or stay put at Iwuanyawu Nationale.
Ayo, I think you will educate us well if Paul told you the gospel truth. It is the normal type of tricks Nigerian players will tell people like you. That is the much, I think, I intend to contribute on this piece.
Goboxe
Egg
Egg

Post by Goboxe »

Okay, the Danish league ain't that bad. For example did Denmark in 1992 win the european championship almost only by players playing in the national league. The Danish league is a lot better than the Norweigan... and I don't think Olofinjana regrets he chose Brann Bergen in Norway? Wait and see. I think the Danish league is a good place to start for Paul. Viborg is a club closer to the top than the bottom, and they have before developed many good players themself. They are of course playing in the best league in Denmark and have done that for several years. Next season they are heading for the absolute top of the league, and Paul could be a helping hand reaching that.

Again the Danish League is very strong at the moment.

Viborg is not a fourth grade club, and I don't think Paul could have choosed better. Would it be better if he had joined for example AC Milan and sat on the bench the rest of his carreer? I don't think so.
Last edited by Goboxe on Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Goboxe wrote:Okay, the Danish league ain't that bad. For example did Denmark in 1992 win the european championship almost only by players playing in the national league. The Danish league is a lot better than the Norweigan... and I don't think Olofinjana regrets he chose Brann Bergen in Norway? Wait and see. I think the Danish league is a good place to start for Paul. Viborg is a club closer to the top than the bottom in it, and they have before developed many good players themself. They are of course playing in the best league in Denmark and have done that for several years. Next season they are heading for the absolute top, and Paul could be a helping hand for this.

Again the Danish League is very strong at the moment.

Viborg is not an fourth grade club, and I don't think Paul could have choosed better. Would it be better if he had joined for example AC Milan and sat on the bench the rest of his carreer? I don't think so.
You appeared to be closer to Viborg. Could you tell me what went wrong that Viborg refused to sign Victor Ezeji last year?
Goboxe
Egg
Egg

Post by Goboxe »

A local newspaper destroyed it all. We had signed the papers, but the "playing permission?" (don't know what it's called in english) never came. Viborg said that hey had negotiated the deal with Enyimba, but suddenly the local newspaper, "Viborg Stifts Folkeblad", called the president of his nigerian club. Now they wanted a lot more money for Victor Ezeji. Viborg couldn't pay this, and didn't want to pay extra money just because of the local newspaper. A few months later they thought everything was okay again, and that Victors club had given up, but they hadn't. Then Viborg gave up once again. But I hope they will try to get him later again...
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

i agree with goboxe, the danish league is a good league to start. the danes do well in european national football, they groom their players well and they regularly join the more elite leagues. if obiefule wants to learn the basics of football and adapt to european life, denmark is not a bad place to start. its obvious that vibourg want to sell him on later. does anyone think that they have bought him for their assault on the champions league? likewise seyi at brann. these teams want to buy cheap use for a while then sell on big. i bet the scandanavians without their colonial links to africa do not see africa as a resource to exploit in the same way western europe does (which is often buy cheap, rip off if the law does not notice and then sell big). i bet in denmark african footballers are likely to be treated more fairly than in western europe. vibourg will pay him a decent wage and will give him game time. the rest will be up to him.
my times are in HIS hands
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

We had signed the papers,
Goboxe, you represent Viborg?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goboxe wrote:A local newspaper destroyed it all. We had signed the papers, but the "playing permission?" (don't know what it's called in english) never came. Viborg said that hey had negotiated the deal with Enyimba, but suddenly the local newspaper, "Viborg Stifts Folkeblad", called the president of his nigerian club. Now they wanted a lot more money for Victor Ezeji. Viborg couldn't pay this, and didn't want to pay extra money just because of the local newspaper. A few months later they thought everything was okay again, and that Victors club had given up, but they hadn't. Then Viborg gave up once again. But I hope they will try to get him later again...
It's called international clearance. You need it when switching continents. Basically, Viborg wanted to sign Victor without paying his clearanve fee, hoping that no one would notice. Hmmmmmmmmm.

They have got to see it as an investment. Had they paid it, by now, they would probably have made a profit on their investment.
Goboxe
Egg
Egg

Post by Goboxe »

27 - Hehe, no. I'm just a fan of the club.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goboxe wrote:A local newspaper destroyed it all. We had signed the papers, but the "playing permission?" (don't know what it's called in english) never came. Viborg said that hey had negotiated the deal with Enyimba, but suddenly the local newspaper, "Viborg Stifts Folkeblad", called the president of his nigerian club. Now they wanted a lot more money for Victor Ezeji. Viborg couldn't pay this, and didn't want to pay extra money just because of the local newspaper. A few months later they thought everything was okay again, and that Victors club had given up, but they hadn't. Then Viborg gave up once again. But I hope they will try to get him later again...
It's called international clearance. You need it when switching continents. Basically, Viborg wanted to sign Victor without paying his clearanve fee, hoping that no one would notice. Hmmmmmmmmm.

They have got to see it as an investment. Had they paid it, by now, they would probably have made a profit on their investment.
Ayo Akinfe,
There is nothing like clearance fee.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Football Manager

I thought that NFA charges for all international transfers?
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Football Manager wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo Akinfe,
You need international clearance to move from Nigeria to Europe. Enyimba, Iwuanyawu and Julius Berger charge fees before they agree to acede to it!

Unless the players club and the NFA agree to give him clearance he is going nowhere!!! You might be right that Fifa does not stipulate that such a fee should be paid and that it may well be illegal but hey, in Nigeria, you pay the fee of nothing happens.

You can take that to the bank!
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Akure4Life wrote:Football Manager

The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) does not charge for International Transfer Certificate (aka clearance certificate or ITC). It is given free of charge.

The NFA (precisely the clerical staff at the NFA) office at times may request that the FA requesting for the ITC should be responsible for the hard copy of the certificate if they are not satisfied with a fax copy. Though they may occasionally send my snail post the hard copy which could take some time. After the signature of the Sec Gen, it is the clerks in the NFA that handle those issues of faxing and posting via snail post.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Football Manager wrote:

The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) does not charge for International Transfer Certificate (aka clearance certificate or ITC). It is given free of charge.

The NFA (precisely the clerical staff at the NFA) office at times may request that the FA requesting for the ITC should be responsible for the hard copy of the certificate if they are not satisfied with a fax copy. Though they may occasionally send my snail post the hard copy which could take some time. After the signature of the Sec Gen, it is the clerks in the NFA that handle those issues of faxing and posting via snail post.
No, they make you pay them. If you do not register the money for their bank account, nothing moves. All they do is delay the thing until you pay. Footballers don tell me this many times.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

The guy just want to earn any currency different from Nigeian NAIRA. :twisted:
junior
Egg
Egg

Post by junior »

It is quite easy to judge others when you haven't walked in their shoes. For most Nigerians IN NIGERIA negotiating on an empty stomach is the norm.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Football Manager wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo Akinfe,
You need international clearance to move from Nigeria to Europe. Enyimba, Iwuanyawu and Julius Berger charge fees before they agree to acede to it!

Unless the players club and the NFA agree to give him clearance he is going nowhere!!! You might be right that Fifa does not stipulate that such a fee should be paid and that it may well be illegal but hey, in Nigeria, you pay the fee of nothing happens.

You can take that to the bank!
You cannot know all! This is a field you are learning. about 19 months ago you do not have the address of the NFA. You collected it from a thread which the address was requested and was provided by my humble self which included telephone and fax numbers at a time when the information is not yet available as it is today. All of a sudden you know everything in the Glass House.

I am not aware of any illegal money being collected by the NFA and I am in a position to know. One thing you must know that is certain is that any business involving or likely to involve a huge amount of investment, public relations is a vital part of it.

What I expected you to say is more of the Youth Development related fund which is expected to be paid to the NFA for young players (including Obafemi Martins) whose clubs are no longer existing. Unfortunately most of the "young players" trick the NFA as they do have different data presented when an ITC is being requested and as such the NFA cannot enforce such request.

The money clubs like Enyimba, Iwuanyawu, Julius Bergers etc charges is approved under the FIFA regulations. The money is called transfer FEE and in some cases plus players development fund. The NFA has the RIGHT to charge local clubs percentages of the transfer fee but not to ask the buying club for any money. When the selling club has finally accepted to path with the player for X amount of money and when agreement has been reached then the club officially WRITES to the NFA that the player is free to leave. The NFA then ISUES the ITC. In cases, where the player's detail is not known the NFA has no other choice than to request a copy of the players passport to be sure he is a Nigerian before issuing the ITC.

That is the way transfer business is done in Abuja.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Waffiman wrote:
Football Manager wrote:

No, they make you pay them. If you do not register the money for their bank account, nothing moves. All they do is delay the thing until you pay. Footballers don tell me this many times.
u dey find my trouble o!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Good move for Vburg. If Paul is any good he won't be there for very long!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)