Algeria 0-0 Egypt: North African match thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

northAfrican
Egg
Egg
Algeria 0-0 Egypt: North African match thread

Post by northAfrican »

While conventional wisdom may suggest that the game is on November 14, those who are more familiar with the workings of the North African brotherhood know that it's already on. I will just relay events as they unfold only asking for your understanding because exact times and names spellings as well as translation of phrases from Arabic are a challenge.

A few days ago:
Egypt, possibly needing to be on the attack, started out by calling on the services of their famous TV show host Amr E Dib to raise Algerian public outrage by making some racist remarks. Apparently he insulted the Algerians by calling them “Arabs”. This is all fair and understandable because we North Africans know that the more rage the more joy.

Some time in the last few days too:
Egyptian supporters hacked into the site of the Algerian paper that reported his comments.

Mean while:
Algerian hackers responded by attacking the official website of the Egyptian communications ministry.

This week:
Algerian official press accused the Egyptian authorities of denying Algerian citizens visas to attend the game.

The Art of war:
To obscure the view and cause a lot of smoke and dust in the air over its forces, the Egyptian FA named three possible venues for the game. This of course was followed with further smoke and dust by the main media outlets in Egypt all agreeing that the venue will definitely not be one of these three. They also contacted FIFA and asked that the timing not be tied to the Rwanda-Zambia game since this game has no bearing on theirs. Of course they won it.

CAF in the mix:
CAF opined against a coin toss and asked for a play-off if needed and recommended a North African venue. Egypt immediately objected saying that any North African “Arab” country will be supporting Algeria. Of course that was followed by the immediate layer of smoke and dust with the Cairo press saying “We would love to play in front of our Arab brothers who will support us (Not saying against the berbers of course because they will need that one when they have to deny the Algerians their 40% Berber identity).

The European Front:
While the main campaign is in North Africa, Europe is of course an important but remote territory that is being fought over. Zidan, whose apology for missing a friendly has been accepted and been called back to the brotherhood, and Antar Yahia, Algeria’s talented defender, are engaged on this front. Alshorouk news paper reported this in its English edition (The Arabic edition is much less repressed in its emotional renditions):
• In a pre-match statement, the Egyptian player promised to score for his team against Bochum whose defensive line essentially hinges on the seasoned Algerian defender Antar Yahia.

• Antar Yahia said that Zidan's promise to slam Bochum's defence was empty talk as he was unable to score any goal during this Bundesliga match.

• The talented Algerian defender stressed that Mohamed Zidan had lost most duels with him adding that the presumptuous Egyptian striker was not at all in the limelight during the match versus Bochum, as he had earlier boastfully claimed.

• Antar Yahia pointed out that he did not want to indulge in sterile polemics but he said that the Egyptian striker Zidan should be more humble and go back to the drawing board in expectation of the crucial Egypt-Algeria World cup qualifier slated for November 14th in Cairo stadium.

• "Bragging and boasting through the press on the part of the Egyptian side is useless and could well backfire on them in the 14 November decisive Cairo qualifier", Antar Yahia asserted.

• Antar Yahia also emphasized that a football match should be won loyally on the pitch after the 90 minutes of play and not through presumptuous and bombastic media statements.
North African
October 22, 2009 (Or 23 days BEA)
Last edited by northAfrican on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Algeria 0-0 Egypt: North African match thread

Post by Ugbowo »

:D :D

I like it!!! Makes for a very enticing game and an unbelievable atmosphere. I will be watching!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Well North AFrican, you are not keeping a good scoreboard.

Based on your post, it looks like the pre-match score is;

4-2 in favor of Egypt.

Please give us blow by blow moves as they unfold.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
mightyjets
Egg
Egg

Post by mightyjets »

This is building up to be the Mother of All Qualifications...and in such tense environments I wouldnt be surprised if the match itself doesnt live up to expectations

Buffalo soldier
dreadlock rasta
There was a buffalo soldier,
in the heart of north london
Stolen from africa,
brought to North London,
Fighting on; get in!,
fighting for the gunners.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

dayumn this is the match of the year in Africa... wasn't there a similar playoff b/w Egypt and Algeria for Italia 90 on a neutral ground
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
NigerianPrince
Egg
Egg

Post by NigerianPrince »

At the moment, just like other Nigerians, I only care for Nigeria qualifying. It's my country and that's what everyone cares about here especially at the moment, Nigeria qualifying. After November 14th 2009, then every Nigerian can start to care of who else is in the World Cup from Africa. Hope you understand.

P.S.: As far as I am concerned, I don't take care who goes through between Algeria and Egypt.
Whoever wants it badly, will go to the World Cup.

Peace and God Bless,
from the one and only,
NigerianPrince...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Egypt 4 Algeria 1 (or 3 to 0 alternatively)

IMO, the Algerians have been riding their luck. Cairo stadium will be packed to the hilt and the Pharaohs led by Treika will show magic. They will beat the Desert Foxes severely. Tony Starks will be heavily brought down to earth. He will mope and cry for a while but ultimately congrat Pharaoh. Pharaoh and other Egyptian cybers will say I told you so.. Then the Pharaohs will flop at the WC
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

YUJAM wrote:Egypt 4 Algeria 1 (or 3 to 0 alternatively)

IMO, the Algerians have been riding their luck. Cairo stadium will be packed to the hilt and the Pharaohs led by Treika will show magic. They will beat the Desert Foxes severely. Tony Starks will be heavily brought down to earth. He will mope and cry for a while but ultimately congrat Pharaoh. Pharaoh and other Egyptian cybers will say I told you so.. Then the Pharaohs will flop at the WC
I was wondering if someone had stolen you handle, until I read the bolded part.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

NigerianPrince wrote:At the moment, just like other Nigerians, I only care for Nigeria qualifying. It's my country and that's what everyone cares about here especially at the moment, Nigeria qualifying. After November 14th 2009, then every Nigerian can start to care of who else is in the World Cup from Africa. Hope you understand.

P.S.: As far as I am concerned, I don't take care who goes through between Algeria and Egypt.
Whoever wants it badly, will go to the World Cup.

Peace and God Bless,
from the one and only,
NigerianPrince...
Speak for yourself only. "Everyone cares about here" I think you should change your name from Nigerianprince to the corrupt Nigerianpolice. You cannot speak for everyone, just I cannot I also. So shush! :boo: .

NA, please keep it coming....you always help lighten the mood around here...thanks
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

smallpikin wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
the day Gambia go become West African powerhouse we no go hear word from Yujam

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

I can't believe this is Yujam talking like paj or some nonentity on CE.

...Egypt will not be at the WC!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

Funny. I too had to get to the bolded part before I could believe it's YUJAM. I think he's a closet Egypt fan.
smallpikin wrote:

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I for one am looking forward to this game. Just called my Egyptian friend to get his blood boiling (as if it isn't already) and confirm plans to watch it at his place. Incidentally, I watched the oppostite fixture with him and had to console him after that horrible loss...........

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i have a strong feeling Egypt and Nigeria may make the worldcup... but we have 3 more weeks to find out , cant wait any much longer .... come oooooooonnnnnnnnnnn
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Penarity:
Your football knowledge needs an update. You are fast becoming a panicky bandwagon type analyst here. The Algerians have flattered but some of us know better :rotf:
Penarity wrote:

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Pharaoh
Egg
Egg

Post by Pharaoh »

I was hoping Yujam would tip the Algerians :blushing:. When he trashes Egypt it seems to bring them good luck.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Egypt 0 Algeria 0
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

All the pre-game drama from the two sides is pathetic. A football match of 90 minutes has been turned into a circus. Personally, I've stopped giving too much attention to the game, I'll just wait for November 14th to see the game.
http://en.dzfoot.com
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Egypt vs Algeria 2-0 and then they will play a playoff match in South Africa! Egypt will then win that match 3-0! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

Nigeria Ghana is un-officially africa's biggest rivalry, but I cant think of any game between them that may rival the hype and intensity of this one. One ticket on the line between them. I wish both of them could get it.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

mightyjets wrote:This is building up to be the Mother of All Qualifications...and in such tense environments I wouldnt be surprised if the match itself doesnt live up to expectations
Yeah...just like the many superbowls (American rugby final) :P
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

YUJAM wrote:Penarity:
Your football knowledge needs an update. You are fast becoming a panicky bandwagon type analyst here. The Algerians have flattered but some of us know better :rotf:
Penarity wrote:

how? they have been very solid thus far. infact, if they had beat Rwanda in their 1st game, they would have qualified by now.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Are you on some LSD?

When has Egypt put 4 past anyone in qualifiers?

Ahmean, is the game going to be for 2 days? :bored: :sad:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!