Amazons: Wild wild world of female cops...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg
Amazons: Wild wild world of female cops...

Post by Bobo Dan »

Soon it would be a common sight to see gun totting female mobile police personnel on the streets. This is because the Nigeria Police have just commissioned the first batch of its female mobile cops.

The introduction of the AK-47 carrying female cops, according to the Commander of the Operation Fire for Fire team in Lagos, Tunde Sobulo, was part of the effort by the Inspector General Tafa Balogun to fight crime in the society.
Sobulo explained to Sunday Sun that the introduction of female mobile cops was meant to take away some stress from their male counterpart.

According to him: “This is part of the efforts by the I.G to reduce the stress on the men. He also believes that it will go a long way in combating the allegation of extortion against Mobile Policemen on duty.
“You know, the women were trained to avoid all these things and fight crime at any level,” he added.
On the selection process adopted, the police boss explained that the women were selected from police formations across the country and made to undergo training, which lasted five months.

Part of the training was a three-week training program at Alamala in Abeokuta, Ogun State. “These women are as good as their male counterparts. They went through training and they spent three weeks in the bush at Abeokuta. To be honest with you, we even used more tear- gas on them than was used on the men. I tell you, if they could survive that, they will survive any condition.”

Apart from toughening them, the police authorities did put them through courses in the social sciences, human rights, law and human relations. The courses, according to the commander, were taken by officers in the squad, whom he boasted are degree and higher degree holders.

“More than half of my men are degree holders. We even have men who hold higher degrees. They trained these women in all the aspects of the training that they were given.”
Among the new female mobile cops is Maria Ohuei Agbor. Maria who is pledged to give her best when the need arises said she, and indeed, the entire female cops, 83 in all are rearing to go.

Asked if she feels intimidated or harassed by her male colleagues, she said she had no reason to be. She praised the effort of the police authorities in bringing to reality what she said was long overdue.

Clutching her pistol, she said her squad had already declared war on criminals around Lagos and its environs. Betraying no fear, Maria, who is married, said it was her duty to stay and fight with her gun if her team confronts any armed gang.
She told Sunday Sun that her husband had no reason to fear her because it would in no way compromise her role as a wife.

Maria is no stranger to arms. In the year 2000, she was a member of the Nigeria Police team on peace mission effort to East Timor, a break away from Malaysia. On that occasion, she explained that she was trained on how to handle weapons, but she had to relinquish her gun when she returned to the country in 2001.

“I’m not new to handling guns. In 2000, I traveled to East Timor on peace mission. Before we left, we were trained on how to handle guns and we were issued guns. But they were returned when we came back to Nigeria in 2001.”
As the team filed out to start the day’s patrol, one message on the lips of the women was: “We are combat ready.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/featu ... 11-001.htm
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

culturz
Egg
Egg

Post by culturz »

wise move, at least theif no go wan shoot at fine woman, hin go try rape am first..
*my ones and my twos got your whole town shook, u better listen to your corner and watch for the hook*
ik15
Egg
Egg

Post by ik15 »

As usual they'll continue chasing shadows while ignoring the real problems. bunch of retards.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

culturz wrote:wise move, at least theif no go wan shoot at fine woman, hin go try rape am first..
:o Dirty boy
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

culturz wrote:wise move, at least theif no go wan shoot at fine woman, hin go try rape am first..
Hmmmmmmmmm
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg
Re: Amazons: Wild wild world of female cops...

Post by yaro maiwayo »

Bobo Dan wrote: the introduction of female mobile cops was meant to take away some stress from their male counterpart.

According to him: “This is part of the efforts by the I.G to reduce the stress on the men.
Hmmmmm, i hope its not what am thinking :lol:
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away