Eagles worried over friendly matches

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

By Akinwumi Ojo

Super Eagles players arriving the team’s preparatory camp in trickles have started complaining about lack of friendly matches in their strategies for the African Nations Cup in Tunisia next year.

A senior official of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) told NewAgeSports in Lagos that aside the problem of convincing the players to arrive early at the camp, the other major problem facing the association was the incessant questions by the players on whether there would be friendlies with other countries before the commencement of the Nations Cup.

“I just spoke with one of the key members of the team and he asked if there will be friendly matches to aid their training,” he said.

The official said the scribe of the NFA, Taiwo Ogunjobi has discussed at length with the coach Christian Chukwu-led technical crew of the team, which also expressed grave concerns at the prospect of not being able to practise whatever tactic is adopted for the team in match situations.

He, however, added that Ogunjobi, who is faced with the prospect of leading the team to one of the country’s worst outings in the continental competition, has commenced moves to arrange some friendly matches with some of the countries that will be playing in the Nations Cup and several Tunisian clubs for the Eagles before the competition commences on January 24.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

A bit late to organise friendlies at the 11th hour.

I am sure that we will play against some Tunisian clubsides.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Then don start to dey complain. We all knew there won't be any friendly against good opposition, so why complain at this 11th hour.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

They don't need international friendlies...they can play against regional clubsides in Portugal and/or Tunisia.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Lolly,

I am not sure that anyone complained but the reporter was just looking for a story.

Everyone knew what is happening and what to expect.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

It would not have mattered much if CCC and Ogunzombie didn't waste good friendlies fielding "hey yous" Kumburs and the No 17s of this world. It's a damn shame!
...but with God all things are possible...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The NFA had ample opportunities to arrange Grade A friendlies in Faro. It was not as if Ogunjobi was not told. I wish I understood that man sometimes.

Repeated offers were put to him but he has done nothing about them. If he is still interested, one or two games can still be cobbled together at the last minute but alas, no one knows how the man thinks!

I know of a number of European managers who were even interested in coming to scout a few of our players if a game was arranged. The bottom line is the NFA is to blame.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

:( Chie Niaja
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu