SHOULD I BRING BACK THE "ETHNIC BREAKDOWN" FOR THE EAGLES ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SHOULD I BRING BACK THE "ETHNIC BREAKDOWN" FOR THE EAGLES ?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:28 pm

YES
59%
NO
41%

Total votes: 71

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: SHOULD I BRING BACK THE "ETHNIC BREAKDOWN" FOR THE EAGLES ?

Post by JACKAL »

56% vs 44%.....

There is still hope....8 more votes for the end....we shall overcome
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Solowe wrote:I have done my analysis of many years here on CE and I know you have seen and read it many times. The bottom line is we should not be neccesarily picking players becuase of ethnicity and that is how they are selecting some players on the team.
What analysis. No evidence is here. All you can offer is a simple brained list of hometowns. Performance is what matters. Assess it.
Solowe wrote: You are basing your percieved inferiority of Nigeria to small european countries based on what exactly ???
Nothing perceived about it. It is factual. Deal with it. Did Nigeria appear in the last world cup? Nope.And how did the SE fare in the WC before that with your tribesman, the dinosaur Onigbide, in charge? Tell us please.

Do you want to count how many people are in Germany or Netherlands and then compare how many times they have reached the WC finals or semi finals vs ZERO times for the 150MM "strong" nation of Nigeria? Hell. never mind that - just count QF appearances, of which we have exaclty zero.

So you claim to be a "realist" exposing supposed tribal bias, yet you are wallowing in denial that Nigeria is a perennial underachiever in football. These days even the likes of Ghana and Cameroun and Egypt and Maroc, all with smaller populations, are doing better internationally than Nigeria.

Dey there rolling around in tribal obsession..........
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

anything that will make us sneak into SA next yr :?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Those of you who have participated so far...I want to say thanks...

The score now is 55% to 45%...5 more votes will get us to the Filabuster proof threshold....

5 more "yes" votes will get us over the top...I hope we get it...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

4 more "Yes" votes will do it...lets make it happen :biggrin:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

2 more "yes" votes for eagles victory guys...lets do it...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

bret- hart wrote:anything that will make us sneak into SA next yr :?
I hope you voted "yes" ?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ziontrain wrote:
Solowe wrote:I have done my analysis of many years here on CE and I know you have seen and read it many times. The bottom line is we should not be neccesarily picking players becuase of ethnicity and that is how they are selecting some players on the team.
What analysis. No evidence is here. All you can offer is a simple brained list of hometowns. Performance is what matters. Assess it.
Solowe wrote: You are basing your percieved inferiority of Nigeria to small european countries based on what exactly ???
Nothing perceived about it. It is factual. Deal with it. Did Nigeria appear in the last world cup? Nope.And how did the SE fare in the WC before that with your tribesman, the dinosaur Onigbide, in charge? Tell us please.

If you are attributing Nigerians failure in 2002 WC to Onigbindes becuase of his tribe...this the why ths isssue needs to be addressed in Nigerian football...this is why the NFA makes sure everyone is included so that people like you are not accusing them on ethnic bias...

Do you want to count how many people are in Germany or Netherlands and then compare how many times they have reached the WC finals or semi finals vs ZERO times for the 150MM "strong" nation of Nigeria? Hell. never mind that - just count QF appearances, of which we have exaclty zero.

You said Nigeria is inferiorto small European nations....i assume you are talking about more than soccer...Germany is not a Small European nation...and these guys have been playing organized ball for centuries...we are the new kids on the block, so the difference in achievements in understandable...however this does not mean we cannot ask all the questions about thats holding us back.........

however you said we are inferior to them,,,,period...are you now saying you only meant in soccer ??

So you claim to be a "realist" exposing supposed tribal bias, yet you are wallowing in denial that Nigeria is a perennial underachiever in football. These days even the likes of Ghana and Cameroun and Egypt and Maroc, all with smaller populations, are doing better internationally than Nigeria.

Your population does not determine how good you are in soccer..otherwise India and China should be winning everyworld cup...

Dey there rolling around in tribal obsession..........
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Solowe wrote: Nothing perceived about it. It is factual. Deal with it. Did Nigeria appear in the last world cup? Nope.And how did the SE fare in the WC before that with your tribesman, the dinosaur Onigbide, in charge? Tell us please.

If you are attributing Nigerians failure in 2002 WC to Onigbindes becuase of his tribe...this the why ths isssue needs to be addressed in Nigerian football...this is why the NFA makes sure everyone is included so that people like you are not accusing them on ethnic bias...
You have failed even the most basic command of logic. I didnt attribute his anything to his tribe. But you inferred a negative bias by the fact that I detailed his tribe and yours.

Yet while detailing tribal orgins without even providing any assessment of performance, you yourself continue to claim that what you are doing is a "positive" contribution to the country - hmmmm......

As for Germany they are 60 million. And no i dont know how many east germans are on their team. Most people dont. maybe you can take a hint.

As for inferiority or superiority - its down to performance. Why dont you take a train ride in Munich and then go down to the motor vehicle dept to get a driving licence. Then do the same things in Nigeria and tell me the experience was the same. They are not.

Again you can dey there walling in denial while counting tribes. Counting tribes is precisely the distraction that allows the failue to go on.

I means was it tribal quota that caused Oliseh and Okocha to allow baggio to score in 1994? Nope.

Was it tribal quota that caused the entire team to go mentally awol vs Denmark in 1998? Nope

Was it tribal quota that caused Rufai to let in soft goals in 1998? Nope. Just incompetence and lack of depth behind him.

Was it tribal quota that caused Ortega to rape Babayaro in 2002? Nope.

All the reasons we fail in football are unmotivated players who cannot focus on the real task and issues at hand. They get far too easily distracted by money or ashawo or clique warfare. Just like you.

Count on man. While you are counting tribes and microdissecting hometowns and mother tongues i am sure the dutch will count yet another QF appearance at least, that Africas largest nation will not. Hell the belgians too will probably outperform us.
Solowe wrote: Your population does not determine how good you are in soccer..otherwise India and China should be winning everyworld cup...
Actually, YES they should. The 150MM in brazil punch their weight for real. Why not the larger nations. And no there is no excuse for us in Nigeria either.

But I am sure you will find more excuses to indulge in masturbatury excercises over tribal orgins. Get real man. Move on to something productive.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ziontrain wrote:
Solowe wrote: Nothing perceived about it. It is factual. Deal with it. Did Nigeria appear in the last world cup? Nope.And how did the SE fare in the WC before that with your tribesman, the dinosaur Onigbide, in charge? Tell us please.

You have failed even the most basic command of logic. I didnt attribute his anything to his tribe. But you inferred a negative bias by the fact that I detailed his tribe and yours.

Ziontrain...your train is about to derail here... I have never said i am the same tribe as Onigbinde...as a matter of fact i am not !! Chew on that !!! :mrgreen:

Yet while detailing tribal orgins without even providing any assessment of performance, you yourself continue to claim that what you are doing is a "positive" contribution to the country - hmmmm......

Again I have detailed in the past issues with our player selction policy...All the players on our National team are mostly southerners...why is this ? arnt there kids in the north whocan play or would loe to learn ?? These is a failure in our football administration to adequately address the issue of ethnic groups and tribes in our football.

As for Germany they are 60 million. And no i dont know how many east germans are on their team. Most people dont. maybe you can take a hint.

First of all people from east or west of germany are all white and from the same ethnic stock as far as I know so why would they need to differentiate them.....however, in Gernamy the inclussion of Asmoarh and some turkish guy was widely reported in their media and all over the world....if it doesnt matter, why would they report it ?

As for inferiority or superiority - its down to performance. Why dont you take a train ride in Munich and then go down to the motor vehicle dept to get a driving licence. Then do the same things in Nigeria and tell me the experience was the same. They are not.

You feel inferior to Germans becuase of the thier Motor veichle systems efficency ????
I got my first drivers lincense in Ibadan in 1986..No one asked me for money...i took both the written and driving test, I passed they handed me my lincense....and only paid the required $15 Naira fee them

You know as well as i do that you are skating on very thin ice here on the inferiority thing ....what you need to do is simply appoloize for that point and move on...!!!

Again you can dey there walling in denial while counting tribes. Counting tribes is precisely the distraction that allows the failue to go on.

I means was it tribal quota that caused Oliseh and Okocha to allow baggio to score in 1994? Nope.

Was it tribal quota that caused the entire team to go mentally awol vs Denmark in 1998? Nope

Was it tribal quota that caused Rufai to let in soft goals in 1998? Nope. Just incompetence and lack of depth behind him.....

Was it tribal quota that caused Ortega to rape Babayaro in 2002? Nope.

All the reasons we fail in football are unmotivated players who cannot focus on the real task and issues at hand. They get far too easily distracted by money or ashawo or clique warfare. Just like you.....hey, hey, watch your tounge over there my friend.....Only Asewos distract me...ok !! :biggrin: ........Btw, those countries that are doing well, their players too chase money and ashawo and have cliques too....this is not a uniquely Nigerian phenomenon...so u are going to figure our another reason why our players are not top of the heap

Count on man. While you are counting tribes and microdissecting hometowns and mother tongues i am sure the dutch will count yet another QF appearance at least, that Africas largest nation will not. Hell the belgians too will probably outperform us.

Those 2 countries have their own issues with race and ethnicity too....btw if Belgium out performs us...we need to give up on football.....
Solowe wrote: Your population does not determine how good you are in soccer..otherwise India and China should be winning everyworld cup...
Actually, YES they should. The 150MM in brazil punch their weight for real. Why not the larger nations. And no there is no excuse for us in Nigeria either.

But I am sure you will find more excuses to indulge in masturbatury excercises over tribal orgins. Get real man. Move on to something productive.

You are joke men...you are still hanging on to your population theory....look at 10 largest countries in the world and only 3 of them have a credible football program..The corrolation between popuplation size and fooballing performance is not very significant......I am sure you have been told many times...its not about quantity, but quality
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

62 votes....people...my cup runneth over...We still need to get to 60% guys...I know there those of you who want the Eagles to win...vote "yes"

For those who voted "NO"...there is a chance to recast your vote as a "YES"...just revote...

We need to get over 60% guys
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I warned all of you.....
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Solowe wrote:
Ziontrain wrote: But I am sure you will find more excuses to indulge in masturbatury excercises over tribal orgins. Get real man. Move on to something productive.
You are joke men...you are still hanging on to your population theory....look at 10 largest countries in the world and only 3 of them have a credible football program..The corrolation between popuplation size and fooballing performance is not very significant......I am sure you have been told many times...its not about quantity, but quality
Whether an quantity or quality, the bottom line is that CE is unfortunately a perrennial underachiever. Keep masturbating. In fact please also give us the ethnic breakdown of the CE medical team, the caterers and the grounds staff. Sure it is their fault too..
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

goke313 wrote:
Major General Ogolo wrote:
Solowe wrote:Its going to take filibuster a proof 60 votes for me to bring back the Ethnic breakdown. If we can get sixty people to vote and 60% of that vote is "YES"….. then the Ethnic break down will make a comeback.

For those of you who may not remember the Eagles have never lost when we do the ethnic break down.

Also as a bonus to guarantee our qualification for the world cup I will do the Ethnic breakdown of the Mozambique team to guarantee that they do not lose. This is unprecedented in history of the ethnic breakdown because I have never done the ethnic breakdown of a foreign team.

So if you want your Eagles in South Africa, vote “yes” !

Brought to you by the Solowe/Rasmussen/Surulere poll of Polls

Talking of ethnicity, the Kenyan team will be 90% Luo (the tall dudes).
What percentage of Nigerian team will be Igbo?
So it's a Luo vs Igbo affair ? We shall see on the green grass what the Igbos can do in Nairobi!

The current starting line up will be mostly Hausa + Yoruba

Only Mwangi and Ake in that kenyan squad were non-Luos.
Talk of packing the field!

1 Willis OCHIENG (GK)
* 2 Musa OTIENO (C) Yellow Card
* 3 George OWINO
* 4 Julius OWINO
* 5 Edgar OCHIENG Yellow Card
* 6 John MWANGI
* 7 Peter OPIYO
* 12 Victor WANYAMA Out (-77' )
* 14 Dennis OLIECH Goal
* 15 Emmanuel AKE
* 16 Patrick OBOYA Yellow Card Out (-52' )
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Alaafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Alaafin »

Yes, Mwangi is Kikuyu.
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I guess this is some sort of referendum on the Ethnic breakdown
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: SHOULD I BRING BACK THE "ETHNIC BREAKDOWN" FOR THE EAGLE

Post by JACKAL »

CE Memebrs,

It has come to my attention from a very reliable source that some people voted more than once in this poll to stop me bringing back the very popular ethnic breakdown series. These people are part of the naysays I have had to deal with on CE for years. They pulled this off by using more than one handle to vote against the will of the people.

Cellular, I demand an investigation and a recount. We need to expose some these people. We need to drain the Swamp !
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

JACKAL wrote:CE Memebrs,

It has come to my attention from a very reliable source that some people voted more than once in this poll to stop me bringing back the very popular ethnic breakdown series. These people are part of the naysays I have had to deal with on CE for years. They pulled this off by using more than one handle to vote against the will of the people.

Cellular, I demand an investigation and a recount. We need to expose some these people. We need to drain the Swamp !
You communicate like Trump, attention seeking and using controversy and bold colored fonts to force your backward ideas into relevancy.

Wise people dont need to be told that less is more.

Personally I never voted in your fake poll but, count me as one of those that do not want any ethnic breakdown of our National teams any sort. We have enough reasons for some deplorables to foster divisions between us based on ethnicity, religion and other fake criteria.

We are Nigerians, plain and simple. Its time we should start thinking as such.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

charlie wrote:
JACKAL wrote:CE Memebrs,

You communicate like Trump, attention seeking and using controversy and bold colored fonts to force your backward ideas into relevancy.

Wise people dont need to be told that less is more.

Personally I never voted in your fake poll but, count me as one of those that do not want any ethnic breakdown of our National teams any sort. We have enough reasons for some deplorables to foster divisions between us based on ethnicity, religion and other fake criteria.

We are Nigerians, plain and simple. Its time we should start thinking as such.

Regardless of how you feel about my polls, you are surely not saying this potential fraud is ok...are you ???
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

I think you should bring it back but i would prefer state break down, while i was in Ondo i was wondering why we spent millions on football and we have not produced a player since Oboabona. What is the pathway for kids in Ondo State and no support even to push them into the national team
Oya back to the matter
open and close
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Prince wrote:I think you should bring it back but i would prefer state break down, while i was in Ondo i was wondering why we spent millions on football and we have not produced a player since Oboabona. What is the pathway for kids in Ondo State and no support even to push them into the national team
Whats up baba Prince,

I did write about Ondo state and ask this same question a few years ago ?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18554&hilit=ondo+state
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?