Taribo Out Of Nations Cup!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Taribo Out Of Nations Cup!!

Post by wiseone »

From Vanguard:

West heads East...leaves Eagles camp

Tony Ubani in Faro
Wednesday, January 14, 2004

SUPER Eagles ace defender, Taribo West became the first player to vacate the Eagles camp in Faro,
Portugal when Dr Muazu ruled him out of the Nations Cup because of a knee injury. But West said yesterday that the doctor was hasty in pronouncing him unfit for the Nations Cup. The atmosphere in the Eagles camp yesterday was moody as players stood akimbo as the rasta haired player headed back to his Eastern Europe club, Partisan Belgrade.
Speaking to Sports Vanguard, Dr Muazu said that he had examined West and found him unfit to make the Eagles squad with the degree of his injury. “It’s unfortunate but that is it”, Muazu told me in their morning training. Coach Christian Chukwu also confirmed that Taribo has been ruled out of the camp due to injury.
“The doctor examined him and took him to an external doctor who confirmed the knee injury”, Muazu said. But Taribo who looked unruffled said that he wished the team well in the Nations Cup”.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Eagles manager Bello Osagie weeps for Taribo

By Tony Ubani, Faro
Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Sumounu Bello Osagie by all standard is a big man with a big heart. But the Taribo West saga yesterday made nonsense of that. Bello stood like an electric pole and wondered aloud why the injury. Since the camp commenced, Taribo had been playing the Big Brother to the players in camp. He is the official Pastor of the team. That means, he leads them in prayers before and after training. At 9p.m. everyday, he leads them in night worship in his room.
The other day when the Eagles played FC Zwolle of Holland, Taribo was moved by the swiftness of Osazee Odemwengie who scored a beautiful goal and gave him 100 dollars.
“That goal was beautiful and that boy has improved tremendously. The money is my own token to encourage him”, Taribo said. Joseph Enakhire, a defender also got the attention of the Pastor who told him areas he has to improve on while giving him a pat on the back. All these things forced tears out of Sumounu Bello Osagie who has been impressed by Taribo’s conduct.
“I’m shocked. It’s a tremendous blow. I’m thinking of the person who would serve as a motivation to the team. He is good. The players look up to him. We shall surely miss him”, Osagie a man who has brought personal service to bear on the Eagles lamented. Even when Taribo cracked jokes, Bello was short of words. He wished Taribo well and propped up players for the task ahead.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

I wish Taribo a speedy and recovery and the best to him. he has served the SE very well and time for a new breed of players to rise up to the occassion...
Soldier of Fortune...