Are we really going to get Patrick Owomoyela at right back?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

dcf1
Egg
Egg
Are we really going to get Patrick Owomoyela at right back?

Post by dcf1 »

Everyone really agrees that Nigeria has three main areas of difficulty going into the World Cup (apart from the coach) as follows:

1. Right-back (assuming TT has a lock on left-back if he gets a decent left defensive midfielder to cover his raids forward)
2. Left-footed defensive midfield (assuming Ayila has a lock on right-sided defensive midfield)
3. Centre-back

It looks as if we may be able to patch up all three problems with FIFA's new ruling allowing players who've previously played for European nations to change nationality provided that they have never played in an official Euro or World Cup match.

RIGHT BACK - I gather Patrick Owomoyela of Borussia Dortmund is on the verge of coming over - what an upgrade on Odiah and Adefemi he would be!
LEFT DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER - Dennis Aogo of Hamburg is still weighing it up.
CENTRE BACK - Nedum Onuoha may be a sub at Man City but so are Robinho, Santa Cruz and Ireland.

Two of these are outstanding young talents (Onuoha and Aogo) while Owomoyela is an even better fit - a mature (30) top division player. He was a regular for Germany between 2004-2006, but is still eligible for us because as World Cup hosts Germany didn't play "official" qualifiers - and he missed the cut for the 2006 World Cup and never added to his 11 caps.
Last edited by dcf1 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zelex
Egg
Egg
Re: Are we really going to get Patrick Owomoyela at right back?

Post by Zelex »

I would like to see Chibuzor Okonkwo fight for the RB position,he has been invited a few times by Amodu but hasn't played under him yet.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

AM
CD
LB

is the problem areas for the SE.

and BTW we don't need or want Owomoyela
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

Consider just how strong a first eleven we could then put out:

............................Yakubu..............................
Osaze................................................Ike Uche
...........................Mikel......................................
.........Aogo.............................Ayila....................
Taiwo........Onuoha.........Yobo.............Owomoyela
..........................Enyeama...................................

Every player in that team is a major talent. It's by far the best team in Africa (Ivory Coast struggle in goal, with a second centre-back, with their left back and with their fourth midfielder). The only World Cup 1994 players who would get into this team are Finidi George and Sunday Oliseh, while Amunike would be about on par with Osaze.

And the bench strength is terrific too except in goal - Martins, Obasi, Obinna, Ajilore, Echiejile, Nwaneri, and Apam.

With the influx of the three "Europeans" - Onuoha, Aogo and Owomoyela this team could seriously aspire to going all the way to the World Cup Final. What's more, the players are so much bigger in size than Spain's players that they would have some hope of beating them like the USA did.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Odiah, Yusuf, Olubayo, Apam and even Yobo are our options at Right back, i don't really see the RB position as a problem, the real problem is LB.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:AM
CD
LB

We don't need him because:

We don't want him because:

Enquiring minds wish to know the facts.
Tenks in advance. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
CD
LB

We don't need him because:

We don't want him because:

Enquiring minds wish to know the facts.
Tenks in advance. :thumb:

Because he is German(playing at the Confed cup, no longer eligible to play for Nigeria ) and he sucks.

Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

CD
LB

AM-I agree,the SE lack an offensive minded player who can unlock teams defenses,only Mikel is capable of this role in the current squad.Hardly any of our MF are a goal scoring thret

CD-I believe we have the player already in the current squad,but we are struggling to find the right partnership .

LB-Taiwo and Echiejile are good enough,with the right discipline Taiwo can prove to be asset during the ANC/WC.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Zelex wrote:I would like to see Chibuzor Okonkwo fight for the RB position,he has been invited a few times by Amodu but hasn't played under him yet.
Junk players :mrgreen: manager I hope you are not talking of THIS Chibuzor Okonkwo, the one that plays for .........................Niger Tornadoes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
If soooooooooooooooooooooo, then Sir :mrgreen: with all due respect you are either MAD or a shameless junk :mrgreen: player scammer.
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Zelex wrote:
CD
LB

AM-I agree,the SE lack an offensive minded player who can unlock teams defenses,only Mikel is capable of this role in the current squad.Hardly any of our MF are a goal scoring thret

CD-I believe we have the player already in the current squad,but we are struggling to find the right partnership .

LB-Taiwo and Echiejile are good enough,with the right discipline Taiwo can prove to be asset during the ANC/WC.
Taiwo is a good offensive minded fullback, but he is a defensive liability, and Echijelle is young at this level, and you can see the lack of maturity in his game, i am not confident with our current situation. A good winger like Kader Keita will expose Echijelle.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

dcf1 wrote:Everyone really agrees that Nigeria has three main areas of difficulty going into the World Cup (apart from the coach) as follows:

1. Right-back (assuming TT has a lock on left-back if he gets a decent left defensive midfielder to cover his raids forward)
2. Left-footed defensive midfield (assuming Ayila has a lock on right-sided defensive midfield)
3. Centre-back

It looks as if we may be able to patch up all three problems with FIFA's new ruling allowing players who've previously played for European nations to change nationality provided that they have never played in an official Euro or World Cup match.

RIGHT BACK - I gather Patrick Owomoyela of Borussia Dortmund is on the verge of coming over - what an upgrade on Odiah and Adefemi he would be!
LEFT DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER - Dennis Aogo of Hamburg is still weighing it up.
CENTRE BACK - Nedum Onuoha may be a sub at Man City but so are Robinho, Santa Cruz and Ireland.

Two of these are outstanding yopung talents (Onuoha and Aogo) while Owomoyela is an even better fit - a mature (30) top division player. He was a regular for Germany between 2004-2006, but is still eligible for us because as World Cup hosts Germany didn't play "official" qualifiers - and he missed the cut for the 2006 World Cup and never added to his 11 caps.

Two questions : Where's the lik that says Owomoyel is been lured and (2) The Fifa rule that validates this
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

dcf1 wrote:Consider just how strong a first eleven we could then put out:

Every player in that team is a major talent. It's by far the best team in Africa (Ivory Coast struggle in goal, with a second centre-back, with their left back and with their fourth midfielder). The only World Cup 1994 players who would get into this team are Finidi George and Sunday Oliseh, while Amunike would be about on par with Osaze.

And the bench strength is terrific too except in goal - Martins, Obasi, Obinna, Ajilore, Echiejile, Nwaneri, and Apam.

With the influx of the three "Europeans" - Onuoha, Aogo and Owomoyela this team could seriously aspire to going all the way to the World Cup Final. What's more, the players are so much bigger in size than Spain's players that they would have some hope of beating them like the USA did.
Please, DO NOT commit blasphemy here, esp the underlined.
How could you open mouth to say Osaze is 'on par' with Amunike? :ohmy:
Amunike was one of the quiet and 'understated' stars of that team. He was truly world class, witnessed by his subsequent move to Barcelona. If not for that damn knee injury that cut his career short, you could be shot for making the comparison.
Finidi and Amunike were probably two of the finest players in the world at their peak and they were 'on par' with each other.
Osaze has a long way to go to reach Amunike's level, abeg.

I'm cool with the rest of your post.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

CD
LB

We're fine in attacking midfield: Mikel may not be able to displace Deco and Ballack at Chelsea but it's largely because he is ahead of Essien as their preferred defensive midfielder.

Onuoha is as good as we can hope to unearth at centre-back - he is not perfect but he is better than anything else we currently have (except Ayila, who we need in midfield) and he has PACE.

Why don't we need or want Owomoyela? Our three right backs (Odiah, Mohammad and Adefemi) are junks who would be destroyed in a World Cup, whereas he is the third or fourth best German right-back. He has no major problems, he's just not quite good enough to retain his place for Germany. But I'd rather have Osaze, Yakubu and Mikel than Podolski, Klose and Ballack.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

legend wrote:
Zelex wrote:I would like to see Chibuzor Okonkwo fight for the RB position,he has been invited a few times by Amodu but hasn't played under him yet.
Junk players :mrgreen: manager I hope you are not talking of THIS Chibuzor Okonkwo, the one that plays for .........................Niger Tornadoes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
If soooooooooooooooooooooo, then Sir :mrgreen: with all due respect you are either MAD or a shameless junk :mrgreen: player scammer.

:???: :???: ,He plays for Heartland,and how can he be a JUNK player if the "Great One" has invited him before...............don't tell me he is also an agent :ohmy: .
Last edited by Zelex on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

dcf1 wrote:
CD
LB

We're fine in attacking midfield: Mikel may not be able to displace Deco and Ballack at Chelsea but it's largely because he is ahead of Essien as their preferred defensive midfielder.

Onuoha is as good as we can hope to unearth at centre-back - he is not perfect but he is better than anything else we currently have (except Ayila, who we need in midfield) and he has PACE.

Why don't we need or want Owomoyela? Our three right backs (Odiah, Mohammad and Adefemi) are junks who would be destroyed in a World Cup, whereas he is the third or fourth best German right-back. He has no major problems, he's just not quite good enough to retain his place for Germany. But I'd rather have Osaze, Yakubu and Mikel than Podolski, Klose and Ballack.

How many games have you Onuoha play?

How would rate Onuha ahead of Adeleye/Apam?

//the sooner we get rid of Yobo as our CB the faster we'll improve
//prefer Martins/Nsofor instead of Yak
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

dcf1 wrote:
CD
LB

We are not fine at the AM position, stop decieving yourselfs, our midfield lacks creativity.

Onouha is a backup at Man city, so can't really form an opinion on him, because he is not getting enough playing time at his club

and Yusuf, Odiah and Olubayo are not junk players, i actually urge you to go watch Owomoyela play for Dortmund

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Can't understand the omoyowela talk. Don't think he's still eligible to play for Nigeria since he already played for Germany's senior team.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

CD
LB

kpom

kpom

kpom

S.O.S
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

You are joking right. You people really understate the contributions of Yekini. So you will pick Yak ahead of Yekini at their peak!!! blasphemy of the highest order. So Okocha won't get a start in this team ehn. How about Siasia, Amokachie, Mutiu? Don't even start with your comparisons of Amunike to Osaze. Osaze is good but can't clean Amunike's boot at his prime. Let us pray that this team plays together as a team. They are not full of stars but can get far playing together.

dcf1 wrote:Consider just how strong a first eleven we could then put out:

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

From what I have seen so far, here is how I'd play it.

......................Eneramo.................
......Martins............;...............Osaze....
.........................Mikel.......................
...............Ayila..............Olofinjana....
Aogo.......Adeleye...Shittu....Owomoyela
...........................Magnet.............................

Technically speaking, this might be our best team
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

legend wrote:

welcome mr potty (toilet) mouth..... :mrgreen: every word out ur mouth is sh1t... :rotf:
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

Look up page 71 of the FIFA statutes at

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... 2009_e.pdf

You will see that Owomoyela remains eligible for Nigeria because in the 2005 Confederations Cup he was an unused substitute.

That could be crucial for us.

BTW, I can't believe the posts suggesting that Onuoha is in some way unproven because he isn't a guaranteed starter at Man City. He is an important player for one of the world's ten strongest clubs. Apam I will accept is a good player but his problems are that Nice aren't one of the world's 100 strongest clubs and his lack of height makes him a liability against certain opposition. But Adeleye? Give me a break. He plays for a club which is around the 150th best in the world, and has not been a success there.

Their salaries neatly sum up their respective values. Onuoha earns 40,000 pounds per week. Apam earns 8,000 Euros per week. Adeleye earns 2,000 Euros per week. (Yobo is on 25,000 pounds per week by the way). Aogo probably earns around 25,000 Euros per week, Owomoyela probably earns around 10,000 Euros per week and Adefemi is known to be on 2,000 Euros per week at Boulogne.

Incidentally, Marseille pay Taiwo 20,000 Euros per week, while Rennes pay Echiejile 2,000 Euros per week - yet the dunce Amodu prefers Echiejile!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

dcf1 wrote:Their salaries neatly sum up their respective values. Onuoha earns 40,000 pounds per week. Apam earns 8,000 Euros per week. Adeleye earns 2,000 Euros per week. (Yobo is on 25,000 pounds per week by the way). Aogo probably earns around 25,000 Euros per week, Owomoyela probably earns around 10,000 Euros per week and Adefemi is known to be on 2,000 Euros per week at Boulogne.

Incidentally, Marseille pay Taiwo 20,000 Euros per week, while Rennes pay Echiejile 2,000 Euros per week - yet the dunce Amodu prefers Echiejile!
This is the silliest thing I've read here in a while.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.