JJ is now where Keshi was in 1992

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Re: JJ is now where Keshi was in 1992

Post by VINDAVE »

Ayo, if you don't leave Chukwu to live his life, nature will force you to leave him. Why can't you just leave the man alone, must you put his name at all cost in all your post....? And if I may ask you, was JJ not available before cc refuse to invite him againt Rwanda, JJ was even present in the Abuja stadium watching his boys doing the magic too.
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Many Nigerian fans found it hard to stomach the dropping of Keshi but the simple fact of the matter is that no one is an everlasting star. Sadly, Chukwu fails to realise this and we all kow that he will play the likes of Okocha, Kanu and Okoronkwo, irrespective of whatever form they are in, no matter how old they are, even if there are better alternatives available to him.

Also, if JJ is a bit part player, who captains the team? No natural leader has appeard on the horizon for me.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

I would say that Okocha has at least two great seasons in him before we actually will start to see manifest slowing down. There is none now. I don't take statement by him as saying he cannot play all of Nigeria's games as indications of "tired legs" syndrome. He is much more political than most people. Judging from his latest competitive form during the ANC he was far from slowing down. And when he went back to Bolton, Sam Allerdyce did not say he was old but that he was tired from playing so many competitive matches in a row. That happens to all people and in all sports, it is termed over-training usually because you cannot compete without training and the combination is over-training if this situation extends for more than a few months.

Having said this, I am all for finding replacements and primarily substitutes for now.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

VINDAVE wrote:Ayo, if you don't leave Chukwu to live his life, nature will force you to leave him. Why can't you just leave the man alone, must you put his name at all cost in all your post....? And if I may ask you, was JJ not available before cc refuse to invite him againt Rwanda, JJ was even present in the Abuja stadium watching his boys doing the magic too.
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Many Nigerian fans found it hard to stomach the dropping of Keshi but the simple fact of the matter is that no one is an everlasting star. Sadly, Chukwu fails to realise this and we all kow that he will play the likes of Okocha, Kanu and Okoronkwo, irrespective of whatever form they are in, no matter how old they are, even if there are better alternatives available to him.

Also, if JJ is a bit part player, who captains the team? No natural leader has appeard on the horizon for me.
Let me ask you this. If we have a 19 year old JJ in the team today, do you believe that Chukwu would have the balls to pull JJ off at half time if he is having a bad game and introduce the substitute.

Just a yes or no answer will do please.
tribalfootball.com
Egg
Egg

Post by tribalfootball.com »

Very Intersting thread really,

I still think Okocha should not sit on the bench for any player as long as he can still kick tha ball around.

He should start the game and if he withers out then a replacemnt comes in.

I think we can take a look at Hagi from Romania he was old but sill had lot to do with Galatasary succes in Europe .

Same to Marradona and co.

JJ is getting old and perhaps i'll say he does.t seem to have the same enthusiasim he had when he started playing for Nigeria.

There are time one needs family privacy what ever player you are. be it Pele or even Kaizer .

you need some time off.
Jesus loves u
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:JJ is nowe in the twilight of his career and I am sure we wil all agree that there is no way he can continue playing international football beyond the 2006 World Cup. I would say the same for Okoronkwo, whereas Kanu was over the hill very shortly after 1996.
I didn't realize that an over the hill player can win the AFOY award, damn!, those cheating Africans.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

elerineye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:JJ is nowe in the twilight of his career and I am sure we wil all agree that there is no way he can continue playing international football beyond the 2006 World Cup. I would say the same for Okoronkwo, whereas Kanu was over the hill very shortly after 1996.
I didn't realize that an over the hill player can win the AFOY award, damn!, those cheating Africans.
And score wonderfull goals in both his league and for his nation and be the most valuable player in both teams and get praises from his coaches that are in the extreme and make the press admit every time they cover a game in which he plays that he caused it all to happen: good and bad. JJ has a bad day and Bolton and Nigeria, and any team he has ever played in, has a bad day. How does this cheating African do it and be so old and tired and washed up? How does the crook do it? I really wonder?
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

tribalfootball.com wrote:Very Intersting thread really,

I still think Okocha should not sit on the bench for any player as long as he can still kick tha ball around.

He should start the game and if he withers out then a replacemnt comes in.

I think we can take a look at Hagi from Romania he was old but sill had lot to do with Galatasary succes in Europe .

Same to Marradona and co.

JJ is getting old and perhaps i'll say he does.t seem to have the same enthusiasim he had when he started playing for Nigeria.

There are time one needs family privacy what ever player you are. be it Pele or even Kaizer .

you need some time off.
Pobosky is still playing also. Ayo just hate Okocha cos he didnot return his calls for London LG Cup that is all. Or maybe Okocha didnot shake his hand...lol
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

mastermind wrote: Pobosky is still playing also. Ayo just hate Okocha cos he didnot return his calls for London LG Cup that is all. Or maybe Okocha didnot shake his hand...lol
I have noticed Ayo's close affinity with UBA since the LG cup incidence and this is why I'm getting suspicious and also considering sacking him from the Shriners ranks. But then, if you look at his signatures, you may be right to assume that he will recover from the LG cup disappointment. Afterall, many of us had forgiven Obafemi Martins.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

its a good thing that many of us can still remember senegal 92. for ayo to suggest or even imply that keshi was a bit part player in that tournament discredits the whole thread. keshi was the star of the team and was in his prime in that tournament. it was his injury that he never fully recovered from that resulted in his "bit part" role in 94. keshi of the 80s was a good player with great potential. keshi of 92 was a great leader who had reached the pinnacle of his powers and had the confidence and experience to inspire others.
i find it odd that now that jj is playing the best football of his career that ayo declares him over the hill. if i was blind or poor sighted i might agree with ayo's assertion of the over the hill jj, but i am neither so i have to disagree with him. barring injury or an obvious drop off in form 2006 should be jj's swansong.
as for his comment on the bit part role of maradona in usa 94, stop abusing the truth in order to push thru your opinion. who played a big part in messing up nigeria, who was the catalyst in the dismantling of greece and what happened to argentina when the bit part maradona was banned from the tournament?
my times are in HIS hands