Is this as good as SE's Atlanta 96 Gold?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is this as good as SE's Atlanta 96 Gold?

Post by Cmoke »

Guys:

I know that all of you soccer faggots on this site agree with coup plotter Diya's declaration that our Atlanta 96 Soccer Gold was "the mother of all Gold medals."

Why do you get off more on soccer :D :D :D ?

Cmoke

We Truly Deserve Sydney Gold Medal - Bada
By Duro Ikhazuagbe

Following the decision of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) to strip the US relay team of the gold medal and award the Sydney 2000 Olympics 4x400m (men) relay prize to Nigeria, a member of the quartet and captain of the team, Sunday Bada has asked Nigerians to roll out cymbals and drums in celebration of the victory.
advertisement

"There is nothing like an Olympic gold. It is the greatest height every sportsman looks forward to. Now that the IAAF has finally deemed it fit to give honour to the rightful winner, Nigeria, we ought to roll out drums and celebrate the victory," said an elated Bada last night.

Bada, a Police Superintendent in charge of the Seme Border Special Unit, told THISDAYSports that: "even if the gold is four years late in coming, Nigerians should celebrate it because if it was the opposite, like say, our silver was withdrawn as a result of drug related problems, it would have been a national embarrassment and shame."

The quarter-miler now retired from the track insists that if the 1996 Atlanta Gold medallists were conferred with national honours and several other financial benefits, "it is equally proper that we (the relay quartet) get similar treats also. A national honour is worth more than anything else is. We deserve it for doing Nigeria proud."

Bada, who revealed that he is constantly in touch with both Clement Chukwu and Jude Monye, now in the United States and Europe respectively, observed that the IAAF decision should serve as morale booster to the Nigerian contingent to the Athens Games.

"This is an indication for some of us who as role models, shun the use of drugs. All through my track career, I never ever indulged in the use of steroids to enhance my performance. I've always known that anything acquired dubiously does not last. Apart from the health hazard, the shame of being stripped of medals was the reason why my generation said no to the use of steroids."

Interestingly, Enefiok Udo-Obong, the anchor leg of the victorious relay team in Sydney had told THISDAYSports during the Mobil Championship in Abuja penultimate week that there was no going back on the gold coming to Nigeria.

"If the Court of Arbitration in Sports has ruled that Jerome Young, a member of the USA relay team was ineligible at the time he did, there is no going back. We will get the gold...Now that the gold is within sight and reach I can now begin to salivate in readiness to celebrate a well deserved gold medal."

Udo-Obong, who ran the race of his life after receiving the baton in the fourth position outpaced Jamaica's Danny McFarlane and Chris Brown of Bahamas to give Nigeria the 4x400m relay silver at the Sydney Games.

"There is no way we can ever talk about that race and not remember the role played by Innocent Egbunike, the African record holder who coached the squad. Egbunike told us before the race that we should be aiming to erase the bronze Nigeria won at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. He told us to go for the gold," recalled the Akwa-Ibom indigene.

What perhaps many Nigerians didn't know according to Coach Brown Ebewele, was that placing of the relay legs was the result of a spy-work on the other favourites like Jamaica, Bahamas and the USA.

It was the duo of Ebewele and Yusuf Alli that brainstormed with Egbunike on how to make a fast starter like Bada to run the opening leg and leave Udo-Obong whose strength in the last 30 metres was unrivalled in the team to anchor the race. That gamble paid off with a silver medal that has now become gold following the decision of the IAAF to strip the USA last Sunday. Jerome Young was under two-year ban as at the time he competed for the USA. Court of Arbitration in Sports ruled that Young's ban should not have been lifted for him to compete at the Sydney Games.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

This is not a soccer article....wrong place for this!
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

Post by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo »

You are pushing me too far. I will be forced to speak the truth about the true value of an Olympic soccer Gold Medal. Diya was framed.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Mudi:

Omo Iya Alamala:

You obviously cannot comprehend English. This is the time I really wish I can speak Yoruba and translate this to you.

Get somebody to translate this thread to you.

Cmoke
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

Post by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo »

This is the time I really wish I can speak Yoruba and translate this to you
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Otuoma:

Abeg tell us the truth about the true value of an Olympic soccer Gold.

Someone claimed that they get off on the soccer gold, but why can't track do the same for them. :D :D :D Afterall, Gold na Gold.

Cmoke
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Cmoke wrote:Mudi:

Omo Iya Alamala:

You obviously cannot comprehend English. This is the time I really wish I can speak Yoruba and translate this to you.

Get somebody to translate this thread to you.

Cmoke
Man, you know even sabi identify Edo guy. You sef need someone to identify things for you so that you no go dey call Burkina faso man say him be Russian.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

scholl:

You sure say the guy na Edo?

Cmoke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cmoke wrote:Otuoma:

Abeg tell us the truth about the true value of an Olympic soccer Gold.

Someone claimed that they get off on the soccer gold, but why can't track do the same for them. :D :D :D Afterall, Gold na Gold.

Cmoke
True word my bro. :P :P :P :P
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.