Valdano: Davids Not A Galactico

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

abakwa
Egg
Egg
Valdano: Davids Not A Galactico

Post by abakwa »

01/14/2004. Soccerage
Real Madrid sports chief Jorge Valdano says that new Barcelona signing Edgar Davids would not fit in at the Bernebau.

"Davids is not a galactico," he said. "He is a battling player, a fighter of the centre of the field.

"He does not have the quality to place him on a higher plane, somewhere you would locate a Ronaldinho for example."

I think Valdano is just a jealous racist. How could anyone in his right mind said Davids does not have quality? He's just scared Barcelona has a player he disires since he could not apreciate talent and quality with racist eyes. Barcelona's midfield will now be balanced with a complete player and Ronaldinho will be improved with Davids playing along him. He should ask Zidane about Davids.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Red rag to a bull. What a fo!ol, if he had any sense, he should have known from history not to say things like that about Davids. Go ask AC Milan?

Real Madrid will pay for this big time.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

R. Madrid could not afford him at the present anyway. They have to make sure they can afford to pay their existing galacticos.
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
bayo
Egg
Egg

Post by bayo »

U guys don't seem to understand that Valdano was taking a dig at Barcelona and not Davids. Of course he would kill to have Davids, but
Real's fierce rivals Barca got there first.

It's just like Alex Ferguson saying Viera is not as good as Roy Keane and that he would not fit into Man U's way of playing. We all know that's a lie and that he would kill to have Viera in his side.
Veni, Vidi, Vici
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

abeg make he go rest, no be the same davids and juvebtus gang rape madrid with their so called stars last time around, with their multi million dollar squad i bet say dem no go win nothing this season again stupid asswipe
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

hestonap wrote:abeg make he go rest, no be the same davids and juvebtus gang rape madrid with their so called stars last time around, with their multi million dollar squad i bet say dem no go win nothing this season again stupid asswipe
I second that - they have no depth whatsoever. You just watch how valencia will gang nyansh them this season
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

abakwa, am i missing something here? Did Ronaldinho not get praised in the comments? So how exactly do you deduce that Valdano is racist? Did you conveniently forget the fact that Ronaldinho is black? And even if this was just all about Davids, what makes you think it was racist? Because Davids is black? Hmmmm!
I wish people would stop pulling the race card all the damn time. Its pathetic.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bayo wrote:U guys don't seem to understand that Valdano was taking a dig at Barcelona and not Davids. Of course he would kill to have Davids, but
Real's fierce rivals Barca got there first.

It's just like Alex Ferguson saying Viera is not as good as Roy Keane and that he would not fit into Man U's way of playing. We all know that's a lie and that he would kill to have Viera in his side.
Yes he is having a dig at Barca but to bring Davids into it is a major mistake. Una go see wetin Edgar go do Real Madrid when dem meet.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Noooo...what he is doing is letting the world know that Ronaldinho will be a Real player very soon!!!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I'm not sure Davids is the player he used to be.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

"Galactico" (Modern Spanish, originated 21st century)
Defn: A football player who cannnot actually defend if his life depended on it
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007