A talent deficit is the problem...not coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
A talent deficit is the problem...not coach

Post by deanotito »

I am struck watching this Benin-Nigeria game about how many Beninois players are playing for moderate to pretty good sides in Europe. 15 years ago, these boys would have been playing for "XYZ Mambas forever" club from Cotonou or whatever else.

Can you really say that Etuhu is better than his Beninois counterpart? Or that, dare I say, Osaze is better than Omotoyosi??? These Beninois boys are playing for Metz, PSG etc....We're playing for Hoffenheim, Lokomotiv Moscow, Malaga etc. 15 years ago, we were playing for Ajax and they were in "XYZ Mambas forever". Even if we were playing bad, when the Beninois would look up and see Finidi from Ajax and Amokachi from Brugges, they would melt with fear. Yes, we have the lone Chelsea man, but he's a loner....The thrust of our team is on the same level as Benin...at least in terms of caliber.

We dont have that edge anymore....and because these things come in cycles, we're going to have to wait a few years to get it back. As I watch Nigeria play Benin, I see 2 fairly evenly matched teams (Gosh, I never thought I'd ever utter those words) struggling to outmatch each other....Our players are not really playing bad...theirs aren't either....they're just locked in a battle of wits...and one can safely say that whatever team loses should rightly feel cheated.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: A talent deficit is the problem...not coach

Post by fabio »

I know the players are average. The coach is world class, hence Amodu finds it difficult to communicate his ideas to average players.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The problem is not a talent deficit, the problem is the politics involved in the selection process.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is not a talent deficit, the problem is the politics involved in the selection process.

Wait....selection politics has always been in our soccer...but it has never been and still isnt a significant issue. Our highest profile players are in the squad and though we all quarrel with decisions like starting Yak, thats not why we are struggling.
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

fabio wrote:I know the players are average. The coach is world class, hence Amodu finds it difficult to communicate his ideas to average players.
these players are just poor and neither Amodu nor any other coach for that matter can turn them to world class overnight. Only 2 or 3 can be called half-decent
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

fabio wrote:I know the players are average. The coach is world class, hence Amodu finds it difficult to communicate his ideas to average players.
Not saying that Amodu is the best coach in the world, but Berti Vogts has coached at the highest levels of soccer, and even though some of you might have had issues with his then recent coaching past, he certainly had the cred to coach Nigeria...and he still failed.

Nigeria's best coach at the moment would be someone who could do well at the youth level....a teacher as opposed to a man-manager...we dont have any men to manage anymore...they're all boys....Again, not saying that Amodu is the best coach, but he's sooooooooooooo not our problem.
oduco
Egg
Egg

Post by oduco »

PapaK wrote:
these players are just poor and neither Amodu nor any other coach for that matter can turn them to world class overnight. Only 2 or 3 can be called half-decent
Then let us get someone in that would recognises that they are poor and who would then go searching for the good players. Two years and if he cant get the best from his players he's not good enough, simple.
http://www.awooze.com

http://www.awoozetalk.com
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

Ohen you right on spot, , I can believe he try to absolve Amodu, who chose the players, is it not the coach, Amodu left talents at home to take unfit and lesser talented players to the games, so it is fault. Only a bad work man blames his tools
ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is not a talent deficit, the problem is the politics involved in the selection process.
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Deantotito, you are making no sense. What clubs did Siasia's 2007 U-20 and olympic squad play at? What club did the 2009 golden eaglets play at? Their standard of play was much higher than the current SE. If we play against Brazil, Germany etc, you can say our players are not as good as theirs, but for now, abeg be quiet..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Lagos Bobo
Egg
Egg

Post by Lagos Bobo »

So in your own deranged world, either Metz or PSG is a bigger club than Hoffenheim and Lokomotiv Moscow? And it's funny how you coveniently forgot that we've got players playing for Chelsea, Everton, Olympic M., etc.

And by the way, these talent deficient players were the same boys that totally outplayed and outclassed a loaded Argie team less than two years ago. If you want to speak up for Amodu, you can do so without slandering our players.

Some of you guys are either retarded or insane :boo:
My Amodu is a Clown Realization Moment (Amodu had been asked how he intends to fix the Eagles' wobbly midfield and he said):
“Midfield does not win matches. If it does, then Nigeria had no business beating Kenya because the Eagles' midfield failed against Harambee Stars.
“Midfield is just a bridge between the attack and the defence. ...”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Would have being nice to have

Thankgod Ike, Adeleye, Olubayo, Oboira Nwankwo, King Osanga, Oruma in the team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

oduco wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Then let us get someone in that would recognises that they are poor and who would then go searching for the good players. Two years and if he cant get the best from his players he's not good enough, simple.
unfortunately, we cant just go and buy talents. it is what it is. we have to wait for new talents to be born. when we had Okocha some never thanked God for that gift. I think we are now paying for it.
Last edited by PapaK on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

deanotito wrote:I am struck watching this Benin-Nigeria game about how many Beninois players are playing for moderate to pretty good sides in Europe. 15 years ago, these boys would have been playing for "XYZ Mambas forever" club from Cotonou or whatever else.

Can you really say that Etuhu is better than his Beninois counterpart? Or that, dare I say, Osaze is better than Omotoyosi??? These Beninois boys are playing for Metz, PSG etc....We're playing for Hoffenheim, Lokomotiv Moscow, Malaga etc. 15 years ago, we were playing for Ajax and they were in "XYZ Mambas forever". Even if we were playing bad, when the Beninois would look up and see Finidi from Ajax and Amokachi from Brugges, they would melt with fear. Yes, we have the lone Chelsea man, but he's a loner....The thrust of our team is on the same level as Benin...at least in terms of caliber.

We dont have that edge anymore....and because these things come in cycles, we're going to have to wait a few years to get it back. As I watch Nigeria play Benin, I see 2 fairly evenly matched teams (Gosh, I never thought I'd ever utter those words) struggling to outmatch each other....Our players are not really playing bad...theirs aren't either....they're just locked in a battle of wits...and one can safely say that whatever team loses should rightly feel cheated.

Hmmmm..check out all those Egyptian players from top clubs around the world :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: .
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

For players like Adebayor, Omotoyosi and Ogunbiyi to leave Nigeria to represent other countries tells me that there are lots more players like them that aren't being given a chance.
d2dbo
Egg
Egg

Post by d2dbo »

Lagos Bobo wrote:So in your own deranged world, either Metz or PSG is a bigger club than Hoffenheim and Lokomotiv Moscow? And it's funny how you coveniently forgot that we've got players playing for Chelsea, Everton, Olympic M., etc.

And by the way, these talent deficient players were the same boys that totally outplayed and outclassed a loaded Argie team less than two years ago. If you want to speak up for Amodu, you can do so without slandering our players.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lagos Bobo u wicked o... :D
facebook.com/levelzdey
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Lagos Bobo wrote:So in your own deranged world, either Metz or PSG is a bigger club than Hoffenheim and Lokomotiv Moscow? And it's funny how you coveniently forgot that we've got players playing for Chelsea, Everton, Olympic M., etc.

Kpom! :twisted: :twisted:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

deanotito wrote:
Not saying that Amodu is the best coach in the world, but Berti Vogts has coached at the highest levels of soccer, and even though some of you might have had issues with his then recent coaching past, he certainly had the cred to coach Nigeria...and he still failed.

Nigeria's best coach at the moment would be someone who could do well at the youth level....a teacher as opposed to a man-manager...we dont have any men to manage anymore...they're all boys....Again, not saying that Amodu is the best coach, but he's sooooooooooooo not our problem.
With these players playing for chelsea, Everton, Rennes, Nice, Fulham, hoffienheim we are average and struggling against vplayers that are playing in france's 4th teir league and our problem is our players.........and you wonder why Nigeria as a country is on the decline

I am sure chelsea came for omotoyossi but he said no.......he is just too good for them
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

PapaK wrote:
oduco wrote:
PapaK wrote:
unfortunately, we cant just go and buy talents. it is what it is. we have to wait for new talents to be born.
you guys are retarded, you are playing Benin not brazil for #$%$ sake :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

where is spastic when he is needed. This team played well. I am starting to see a coherent pattern of play from Nigeria. This team will be fine. It won't score lots of goals but the strategy is on point. I think we should try out the Apam + Shittu combo again in CD. Apam is a defedner's defender. My only gripe with him was always his height. Etuhu has a pure DM still hasnt completely convinced me. Obi does not hustle enough to get into defensive positions sometimes. Throughout the game I focussed more on our defensive organization. It was better in this game than the last (maybe because Beninoise don't attack with the same quick pass as the Egyptians did).

This Naija team today had at least two other gears they could raise their game too if it was needed. if you don't believe me, think of 2nd half at Nairobi, the last 15 mins against Mozambique in Abujua. It is too late in the game to bring in another coach who might bring in a completely different style of play. We have a pattern of playing, and our players clearly understand and are even beginning to master their individual roles in that style. that augurs well for the super eagles. leave Amodu alone till after the WC. This team is good enough to reach the semi's. And yeah i am not crazy
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Enyi wrote:
PapaK wrote:
oduco wrote:
PapaK wrote:
unfortunately, we cant just go and buy talents. it is what it is. we have to wait for new talents to be born.
you guys are retarded, you are playing Benin not brazil for #$%$ sake :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Abeg, make i join you :curse: :curse: :curse: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

KPOM X 100
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

deanotito wrote:I am struck watching this Benin-Nigeria game about how many Beninois players are playing for moderate to pretty good sides in Europe. 15 years ago, these boys would have been playing for "XYZ Mambas forever" club from Cotonou or whatever else.

I beg let this guy short up his mouth what do you mean talent deficit. Compare the talent of the Nigerian team with Benin pls if you dont know what to say just short up. Na you people cause this problem for us is this not an eye saw technical deficiency. A beg
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You cats need to put the pipe down. It's so sad, it's funny...
amafolas wrote:where is spastic when he is needed. This team played well. I am starting to see a coherent pattern of play from Nigeria. This team will be fine. It won't score lots of goals but the strategy is on point. I think we should try out the Apam + Shittu combo again in CD. Apam is a defedner's defender. My only gripe with him was always his height. Etuhu has a pure DM still hasnt completely convinced me. Obi does not hustle enough to get into defensive positions sometimes. Throughout the game I focussed more on our defensive organization. It was better in this game than the last (maybe because Beninoise don't attack with the same quick pass as the Egyptians did).

This Naija team today had at least two other gears they could raise their game too if it was needed. if you don't believe me, think of 2nd half at Nairobi, the last 15 mins against Mozambique in Abujua. It is too late in the game to bring in another coach who might bring in a completely different style of play. We have a pattern of playing, and our players clearly understand and are even beginning to master their individual roles in that style. that augurs well for the super eagles. leave Amodu alone till after the WC. This team is good enough to reach the semi's. And yeah i am not crazy