Confirmed: SuperEagles Official List To Tunisia 2004 ANC!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

CCC has done it again. Just when i thought things couldn't get any worst he proved me wrong. His team list take the cake. My hope for a good outing for the Super Eagles stopped when Obagoal said no to Tunisia 2004. For those of you spending big bucks on dish and AiT please save your money for better things because the Super Eagles will UNDERPERFORM in Tunsia.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Yep Osaze is also a playmaker. But Lawal really has no business in the SE now, his time has come and gone. I will play Ekeweme ahead of Lawal anyday on the left side. Lawal's inclusion has robbed players like Chris and Melkam an opportunity for big tournament experiance and weakened the squad. Melkam and/or Chris will offer a lot more to the SE than Lawal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

and the drama continues. The battle takes place on the green grass.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Waffiman wrote:
mastermind 17 wrote:How in the world are you guys coming up with all these things against CCC. He chose Ekong over Obodo based on what he had seen on camp and what he needed for his team. One thing you guys should know is that every coach has a way of using players and would pick players that fits his system.
I don't understand what rational you people are using to compare Lawal and Obodo. First of all Lawal is more of a squad player, not only that, but also a little versatile. Chuku most probably did not need a ball distributer, but a hustler, a ball winner, and this would justify the inclusion of Lawal over Obodo on any reasonable person's eyes.
Now the issue of why Osaze not Obodo. You people have to realize that some of you have been crying for Obodo as a second D. M. Chukwu chose Ekong over him in this respect. Thats his choice as a coach and it should be respected. Osaze and Obodo had totaly different roles, in chuku's squad. Osaze was used as an A. middlefielder and also as a striker in the games he has played during the Faro camp. thus different role from that of Obodo D.M.
I can only hope this is one of those cases where supporters cry over exclusion of certain players, then, come the tourney, they forget all and support the team and the coach. Give Chukwu, the support he needs, then crusify him if he fails. Thats what supporting is all abt.
Just my thoughts.
The sad thing is you believe this bullsmanure. How can a player who has not played any serious football this season and since last season be better than players who are match fit? I do not know where you guys come up with all these rubbish, but I know from experience of watching top class football week in and out. A player who is off for any given length of time needs time to get up to speed of the game but physically and mentally, in fact they usually need a minimum of three 90 minute games and I am talking about players who are being monitored daily by their clubs to make sure they are physically fit to an acceptable level.

With Lawal, his age and given the fact that he has been clubless and not played a second of proper football for months, how on earth can he be better physically and mentally than Obodo and Melkam?

Finally, this is not CCC list, we all know the list was changed by people who are not coaches and the list was not picked on merit. We have a coach who has been publicly humiliated by the inclusion of certain players he did not want, yet you expect the players to listen to him when he givesteam talks? You do not excel in major tournaments under such conditions. We are just a bunch of lousy amatuers and I am sick to the pit of my stomach.

They can all go and hang themselves.
waffi,
who told you that ekong has not played football this season?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
mastermind 17 wrote:How in the world are you guys coming up with all these things against CCC. He chose Ekong over Obodo based on what he had seen on camp and what he needed for his team. One thing you guys should know is that every coach has a way of using players and would pick players that fits his system.
I don't understand what rational you people are using to compare Lawal and Obodo. First of all Lawal is more of a squad player, not only that, but also a little versatile. Chuku most probably did not need a ball distributer, but a hustler, a ball winner, and this would justify the inclusion of Lawal over Obodo on any reasonable person's eyes.
Now the issue of why Osaze not Obodo. You people have to realize that some of you have been crying for Obodo as a second D. M. Chukwu chose Ekong over him in this respect. Thats his choice as a coach and it should be respected. Osaze and Obodo had totaly different roles, in chuku's squad. Osaze was used as an A. middlefielder and also as a striker in the games he has played during the Faro camp. thus different role from that of Obodo D.M.
I can only hope this is one of those cases where supporters cry over exclusion of certain players, then, come the tourney, they forget all and support the team and the coach. Give Chukwu, the support he needs, then crusify him if he fails. Thats what supporting is all abt.
Just my thoughts.
The sad thing is you believe this bullsmanure. How can a player who has not played any serious football this season and since last season be better than players who are match fit? I do not know where you guys come up with all these rubbish, but I know from experience of watching top class football week in and out. A player who is off for any given length of time needs time to get up to speed of the game but physically and mentally, in fact they usually need a minimum of three 90 minute games and I am talking about players who are being monitored daily by their clubs to make sure they are physically fit to an acceptable level.

With Lawal, his age and given the fact that he has been clubless and not played a second of proper football for months, how on earth can he be better physically and mentally than Obodo and Melkam?

Finally, this is not CCC list, we all know the list was changed by people who are not coaches and the list was not picked on merit. We have a coach who has been publicly humiliated by the inclusion of certain players he did not want, yet you expect the players to listen to him when he givesteam talks? You do not excel in major tournaments under such conditions. We are just a bunch of lousy amatuers and I am sick to the pit of my stomach.

waffi,
who told you that ekong has not played football this season?
Oga Chairman, wait oh! You dey see wetin I nor write or is it your vivid imagination. Why get all defensive with me? :wink: :wink: :wink:

My post and beef is in reference to Lawal not Ekong. I have not said a thing about Ekong because I am really not in a position to judge him due to my lack of knowledge of his current game.

At the end of the day it is CCC right to pick his squad but that right was also taken from him.
Last edited by Waffiman on Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Waffiman wrote:
Just my thoughts.

I am surprised that no one is complaining about the inclusion of Isaac Okoronkwo who is yet to kick a ball in anger in any meaningful competitive set up this season..and he is going to be at the heart of the defense which is where one of the biggest weakness of the SE lie...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Just my thoughts.

I am surprised that no one is complaining about the inclusion of Isaac Okoronkwo who is yet to kick a ball in anger in any meaningful competitive set up this season..and he is going to be at the heart of the defense which is where one of the biggest weakness of the SE lie...
True! But at least Isaac get club and he has played reserve games this season. Also, we really do not have any one of Isaac calibre to step in for him. This is why we needed a strong and match fit midfield, where we are spolit for choice.

Lawal really should not be picked in the squad, his time has come and gone, we gain nothing by including him in the squad.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Just my thoughts.

Mr. Dolly this is because people do not see a better option amongst the players dropped. We can't say the same for Ekong :lol: :lol: :lol:
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

MYMIND wrote:
mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Just my thoughts.

Mr. Dolly this is because people do not see a better option amongst the players dropped. We can't say the same for Ekong :lol: :lol: :lol:
In that case the logic of their arguement is very flawed...don't you think..
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

mister dolly wrote:
MYMIND wrote:
mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Just my thoughts.

I agree. Not surprised as Nigerians when ever we have adrenaline pumping we always have flawed arguments. Give them 3 days to cool off. :P

Hope say everything dey well for your side. I hope say you remember say we don meet before?

Cheers
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

mister dolly wrote:
MYMIND wrote:
mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Just my thoughts.

I agree. Not surprised as Nigerians when ever we have adrenaline pumping we always have flawed arguments. Give them 3 days to cool off. :P

Hope say everything dey well for your side. I hope say you remember say we don meet before?

Cheers
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

MYMIND wrote:
mister dolly wrote:
MYMIND wrote:
mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Just my thoughts.

Cheers
my brother all is well for this side...how about your end?..
If I'm right we met in NJ during the NRC reunion a couple of years ago..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

MD, why have you not criticised those who took CCC's right to pick his squad away from him?
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Waffiman wrote:MD, why have you not criticised those who took CCC's right to pick his squad away from him?
Of course I am against anyone tampering or interfering with a coaches selection. The more reason why people's anger may be misguided if indeed CCC had this list dictated to him..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:MD, why have you not criticised those who took CCC's right to pick his squad away from him?
Of course I am against anyone tampering or interfering with a coaches selection. The more reason why people's anger may be misguided if indeed CCC had this list dictated to him..
Biko! You too don become lawyer. Why dem carry the list go Abuja go fix am? For example we no say Baba, Ekong and Ejide names nor been dey dia, but somehow dem enter when the list reach Abuja. :x :x :x :x

If things go wrong na CCC go get the blame, when those who fixed the team should be sorted first.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

My beef with the whole squad is the inclusion of Agali. I still want to know why. Is it because of Ogunjobi's overtures? The arguement that he is the next most experienced striker due to Martins' withdrawal doesn't hold cos we could do without one extra striker. Already in the squad as strikers are JAg, Aiyegbeni, Kanu and Utaka, now factor in the likes of Okocha, Osaze, and Pius, they offer extra scoring opportunities. If Obodo, an attacking midfielder, took Agali's place, that will make 8 different players that can sccore upfront. In anycase, you need only 2 strikers at a time in a match, and just 1 when not chasing a game, so Agali is not needed.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

Yes. It's nations cup time again. I have been a big fan of this forum for so long but never a member. Since the latest changes I had to register and now after reading so many heated exchanges I could not but say that now I know that I am hooked on African soccer, this forum, and that I am, although North African, a Nigeria fan. I remember the same excitement before the last nations cup and the world cup. Yes, and the rumors. But now even the BBC is starting to develop an appreciation for its audience and offering them a nice serving of rumors themselves. The JJ story today. How he lost evey penny he has because he put all his eggs in one basket bank in Nigeria. They did not come out and say it but they enjoyed quoting the Vanguard. Later in the day they doubled their serving of Nigerian style rumors with an interview with JJ himself saying that the reports are exaggerated but that he did have some money in a troubled Nigerian bank. Yes, it's nations cup time again for the English too. There is no denying they love the game. Look at how much of it is played their country. But they also see the exodus from their leage of African players and how so many English teams hopes are intertwined with African players asperations to play for their countries. They are discovering African soccer the hard way. The world knows that African soccer is here. May be one day they will start to see it from our eyes and grow a taste for the peotry that Africans know it to be. This is my first post, excuse me. It is nations cup fever gripping a cyber-eagles-forum-addict North African Nigeria fan.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

northAfrican, welcome make sure you don't leave the kitchen when it gets really hot...and may your stay be long and outlast the ANC..

Enjoy...by the way which North African country are you from, hopefully not our wives Algeria.. :P
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Waffiman wrote:
mister dolly wrote:
Biko! You too don become lawyer. Why dem carry the list go Abuja go fix am? For example we no say Baba, Ekong and Ejide names nor been dey dia, but somehow dem enter when the list reach Abuja. :x :x :x :x

If things go wrong na CCC go get the blame, when those who fixed the team should be sorted first.
Of course CCC will take the blame...he could have resigned if he didn't like the interference but chose not to..

Interestingly, he may have been in the same boat as the Cameroonian coach who had Mboma reinstated on his team by the higher authorities..
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mister dolly wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
mister dolly wrote:

Of course CCC will take the blame...he could have resigned if he didn't like the interference but chose not to..

Interestingly, he may have been in the same boat as the Cameroonian coach who had Mboma reinstated on his team by the higher authorities..
Abeg forget Cameroun and let us deal with our problems. True, CCC should have walked if he was not happy but it does not hide the fact that CCC has been humiliated publicly. For example, how those players wey NFA pick go respect CCC as a coach? We have really messed up big time and I gotta say we are doomed.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

yyyyyaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn :wink:

Can't wait for the REAL hostilities to get underway!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hahahahaha what a travesty and a shame but hey i saw it coming all along and am not surprised by it. Those who support mediocrity and shame is the reason why the country continues to fall apart each day...
Soldier of Fortune...
afgee
Egg
Egg

Post by afgee »

i thot they said agali was injured
dem don start again dem go carry 1/2 fit players put 4 bench
anyway the strength is mostly offensive i feel there is no steel/holding midfielder n this might b our undoing :twisted:
Now If i made the Eagles then we could win the ANC else...