SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF "FARO" AND ..........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet
SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF "FARO" AND ..........

Post by Riche007 »

With the release of the "Confirmed" Team list and the fact that the core players that made the list are not new and worse of all, they are not in camp, what have we learnt or discovered from all the friendlies we played over the past yr and this famous "Camp Faro"?? I dont think anyone fought for a shirt...or am i missing something???? :evil:
What's the point of Faro and the friendlies we played for the past one yr???
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Abeg no make this winter the longest one for son of man !
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF "FARO" AND ..........

Post by omey2k4 »

Riche007 wrote:With the release of the "Confirmed" Team list and the fact that the core players that made the list are not new and worse of all, they are not in camp, what have we learnt or discovered from all the friendlies we played over the past yr and this famous "Camp Faro"?? I dont think anyone fought for a shirt...or am i missing something???? :evil:
This is the best question ever asked this whole time.Our football has been murdered again.Why Faro if all the players that sweat didnt make it?WHY?Ask all those useless people that give chukwu good claps for his bull!Its wrap!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Riche:

Go laugh and warm your butt here:
viewtopic.php?p=24426#24426
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

CCC lover u mumu's need to get over here and say something!

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Toxicarrow wrote:Riche:

Go laugh and warm your butt here:
viewtopic.php?p=24426#24426
Toxic, i hear u....the cold today get as e be.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Where are the "Give CCC kudos" loyalist?? And by the way, just as u are preparing your speeches, u can elaborate on the inclusion of Ekong and co over Obodo and Melkam......let's forget about the Oruma's issue for now.

One thing CCC fails to realise is that if we flop badly today, his resume is stained forever.....he doesnt have a good resume as a coach in the first place!
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Its not a CCC thing. It happened with Westahof, Bonfrere, Bora and Amodu.
It wold have happened with Onigbinde too if he had taken the team to the nations cup
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF "FARO" AND ..........

Post by Cellular »

Riche007 wrote:With the release of the "Confirmed" Team list and the fact that the core players that made the list are not new and worse of all, they are not in camp, what have we learnt or discovered from all the friendlies we played over the past yr and this famous "Camp Faro"?? I dont think anyone fought for a shirt...or am i missing something???? :evil:
Richie, Man Must Whack!
You no wan make dem chop?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I reserve my comments till after the ANC, God willing. CCC must know something we ordinary fans do not know.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Chief,
The angel* doesn't know anything!!!!
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

I know that the players will do their best on the field, that I have no gripe with... In my opinion, I do not think that this list has contigency built in.

For example, if Abbey gets injured, we do not have an adequate right full back as replacement. Enakhire is not a right back, and he got burnt many a time against Brazil. I'll would have preferred Chris Kanu be included in the squad.

Yobo can slide to the right back slot, but that leaves the central defense with a partnership of Okoronkwo and Orjinta. And again, we saw what happened against Brazil...

I do not like our defensive options at all. The way this thing is evolving, I might have to watch this ANC with my eyes closed.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

If you need to know the reason for FAro camp, you have to asked Ogunjobi and CCC bank accountant......na dem appreciate how much Faro brought to their pockets....
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

When was the last time Nigeria held a training camp before a major tournament and anyone new was given a fair and equal chance to compete? To have expected that all those homebased players would get chosen was to expect that Nigeria would pay its massive external debts tomorrow!
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

With all due respect, it is childish and churlish to think that Faro is only justified if an all-new team (or a majority of new players) are picked for the tournament. Faro served MANY useful purposes, which include the validation of the quality of the subsisting Eagles' players.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I just heard this news from teh grape vine that Chuwkwu himself dosent feel too confident about the team and is gonna leave a lot of things up to JJ when he arrives camp.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

I will tell you the purpose of the Faro camp. It was used to introduce the future players to Nigerian soccer. Players such as Okocha, Kanu, West, Lawal etc will soon retire. Who will take over?? those that were cut today. They served their purpose as training materials and they will be rewarded in the future as starters. My question is "Why do Niaja change teams every tournament? the so so "Fighting for shirt" Why isn't Senegal or Cameroon introducing a whole new team through this "Fighting for shirt" crap? That is why our team hasn't had the cohesiveness it had in '94. We never stick to our starters.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

Gotti wrote:With all due respect, it is childish and churlish to think that Faro is only justified if an all-new team (or a majority of new players) are picked for the tournament. Faro served MANY useful purposes, which include the validation of the quality of the subsisting Eagles' players.
It is impossible to speak in all due respect and then to call the other person's opinions "childish and churlish". Nevertheless, how did Faro validate the quality of Utaka, Kanu, Babayaro, and Okocha who never stepped foot in Portugal?
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

R007,

You bring up a good point and camp Faro from day one was all a charade from the get go.. I am not surprised one bit as it was a total waste of time since everyone including those on this forum like NFA C had their own agenda on what was really going on and what player will be picked all i can say is hahahahaahaaa it was bound to happen...

When Uche Kalu the man who got us back in that crucial game against Angola when all hope was lost and Femi Opabunmi were told not to report to Faro again everyone hailed the NFA as making the right decisions and saying that would save money, ohh the camp is full already, ohh they should have left long time ago and all talk. Not everyone is can't believe this happened... Shame....
Soldier of Fortune...
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

With the release of the "Confirmed" Team list and the fact that the core players that made the list are not new and worse of all, they are not in camp, what have we learnt or discovered from all the friendlies we played over the past yr and this famous "Camp Faro"?? I dont think anyone fought for a shirt...or am i missing something????
I see u have been reading my posts...this is the same thing i have been saying....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Okochafan
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochafan »

MI5 wrote:R007,

You bring up a good point and camp Faro from day one was all a charade from the get go.. I am not surprised one bit as it was a total waste of time since everyone including those on this forum like NFA C had their own agenda on what was really going on and what player will be picked all i can say is hahahahaahaaa it was bound to happen...

When Uche Kalu the man who got us back in that crucial game against Angola when all hope was lost and Femi Opabunmi were told not to report to Faro again everyone hailed the NFA as making the right decisions and saying that would save money, ohh the camp is full already, ohh they should have left long time ago and all talk. Not everyone is can't believe this happened... Shame....
Very good point MI5. It can't help the morale of the home based players that they came to Faro and only two Enyimba players (Enyeama and Orjinta) made the final team for Tuinisia. What was the point of having this expensive and time consuming camp? The only benefits I can see is it gave the goalies a chance to show their stuff and it gave players like Lawal, who is without a club and players like Aghahowa and Olofinjana whose clubs are not in season a chance to stay fit.

But it's pretty clear and I believe was evident beforehand that Chukwu already had his 22 in mind before the camp began so why waste so much money on holding the Faro camp?
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

My question goes: What was the point of Faro and our other friendlies for the past yr if 4-1-5 is the best we cud come up with??