Enough is Enough

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Enough is Enough

Post by chief nfachairman »

Naija fan wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote: For thoose that believe in christainity, Ekong is a born again christain. A devoted christain. He is now teh team pastor following teh departure of West.Talk to this guy and all he would talk to you about is the bible. HE believes God time is best.

What does this have to with the guys ability to play football?
Dude,
i'm just trying to let you know that he doesn't believe in bribe bcos of his religion and faith.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enough is Enough

Post by maceo4 »

You don't have to believe in it to participate in it :lol: :lol:

hehe...make i stop messin with u, Man must wack abi...
chief nfachairman wrote:
Naija fan wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote: For thoose that believe in christainity, Ekong is a born again christain. A devoted christain. He is now teh team pastor following teh departure of West.Talk to this guy and all he would talk to you about is the bible. HE believes God time is best.

What does this have to with the guys ability to play football?
Dude,
i'm just trying to let you know that he doesn't believe in bribe bcos of his religion and faith.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

NFA Chairman, I take my hat off to you... you're good at what you do... overhyping otherwise hopeless players... b/c anyone who picks Ekong over Obodo is either straight up blind, had a gun put to their head, or is DEFINITELY on the damn take. This ekong man being on the team is a shameful atrocity as far as I'm concerned... he's perhaps the worst DM I've seen wearing a super eagle shirt to say the least .... his display against Brazil was laughable at best... in short, i don tire for ekong... all i can say is that NFA chairman is a pretty effective agent... unfortunately, at the expense of super eagles faithfuls.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

NFA Chair, don't insult our intelligence, jus because you say the guy no pay bribe does not mean a thing.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Let me throw some more sparks in the works by saying Obodo has not impressed me enough to make me go gaga over him..I've watched him play a few times for Perugia and honestly he didn't do enough for me to see all the hype by Yujam..

Having said that, I believe he is a far better player than Ekong..
Bell

Post by Bell »

ROBBYNICE, SAME THING

Because I've only seen the much ballyhooed Obodo once, against Brazil in Abbuja, I don't want to draw a firm conclusion about him. But frankly, against Brazil, I don't see what the rave about him is all about.
Bell
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

mister dolly wrote:Let me throw some more sparks in the works by saying Obodo has not impressed me enough to make me go gaga over him..I've watched him play a few times for Perugia and honestly he didn't do enough for me to see all the hype by Yujam..

MD:

I think though, Obodo has played well for the SE but as I had arguyed with Yujam a few weeks ago, I never saw him as a starter. Instead I saw him making the team as a reserve and nothing more. In addition, he may have been outplayed by Osaze in camp. Could you check on that assumption as we seek to find an explanation?
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:NFA CHAIRMAN, THANKS

The debate goes on whether C3 is a good coach or not but one thing is now beyond debate: C3 is a bad business man. He has created a team of 22 and only one is so underserving to have gone in via the proverbial bribe. When will C3 become a rich man if his bribes comes from the solitary christian?
Bell
BELL:
You keep hitting weak logic out of the ballpark!

Personally, I would choose Obodo over Ekong (based on nothing more than sitting in front of a television set with beverage in hand -- apologies to OLOYE), but I am quite amused at the IRONY that some of the forummers condemning Ekong's selection were barely two years ago haranguing Shiabu Amodu for NOT selecting the same Ike Ekong (based on little more than a solitary performance againsyt South Korea)!
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:

The debate goes on whether C3 is a good coach or not but one thing is now beyond debate: C3 is a bad business man. He has created a team of 22 and only one is so underserving to have gone in via the proverbial bribe. When will C3 become a rich man if his bribes comes from the solitary christian?
Bell
BELL:
You keep hitting weak logic out of the ballpark!

Personally, I would choose Obodo over Ekong (based on nothing more than sitting in front of a television set with beverage in hand -- apologies to OLOYE), but I am quite amused at the IRONY that some of the forummers condemning Ekong's selection were barely two years ago haranguing Shiabu Amodu for NOT selecting the same Ike Ekong (based on little more than a solitary performance againsyt South Korea)!

Gotti:

The amusement is indeed ongoing. Ask yourself the now pilloried Akwuegbu was the same guy who was the striker so "fraudulently" dropped by Amodu in 2002. The same "fraud" issues are now coming up in Obodo's case. One wonders
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Enugu II wrote:
mister dolly wrote:Let me throw some more sparks in the works by saying Obodo has not impressed me enough to make me go gaga over him..I've watched him play a few times for Perugia and honestly he didn't do enough for me to see all the hype by Yujam..

MD:

I think though, Obodo has played well for the SE but as I had arguyed with Yujam a few weeks ago, I never saw him as a starter. Instead I saw him making the team as a reserve and nothing more. In addition, he may have been outplayed by Osaze in camp. Could you check on that assumption as we seek to find an explanation?
Frankly, everytime I've asked my contact which players performance impresses him in camp, Osaze, Abbey George and Ikedia always get mentioned..
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

MD:

Thanks a lot. I think most of us just go by what we have seen these players do at their clubs or what they did last time out for the SE. I am happy for Osaze as he has endured for so long. I cannot forget how he went to Luanda on CCC's first outing and was on the bench when some local based players earned minutes. I saw his game in the 2-2 draw and told myself that I have not seen any other Nigerian player give a very close JJ-display than he did that day in Benin City. I wish him well.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

So there was "Wuru wuru" as regards selection?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I will never criticise the selection of Osaze because he is potentiall a world class player, his talent is just awesome so far as he has the drive. However we must not confuse issues, Osaze and Chris do not play in the same position and they offer different qualities to any team.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Waffiman wrote:I will never criticise the selection of Osaze because he is potentiall a world class player, his talent is just awesome so far as he has the drive. However we must not confuse issues, Osaze and Chris do not play in the same position and they offer different qualities to any team.

WAffi:

See my response on the other thread. I argue that indeed both play the same position for the SE. Ofcourse, they play in different positions for their club but our debate is on what they play when with the SE. This same issue applies to Utaka who plays a different position when with the SE. Olofinjana recently noted that he is an attacking MF foor his club but we know he is a DM with SE. So our interest is what they do with the SE and not with their clubs.
NEDI
Egg
Egg

Post by NEDI »

Bell
Bell, ...eh you forgot... and one muslem, Lawal that is :wink:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

u guys, funny enough, i am also Lawal's agent
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I will never criticise the selection of Osaze because he is potentiall a world class player, his talent is just awesome so far as he has the drive. However we must not confuse issues, Osaze and Chris do not play in the same position and they offer different qualities to any team.

WAffi:

See my response on the other thread. I argue that indeed both play the same position for the SE. Ofcourse, they play in different positions for their club but our debate is on what they play when with the SE. This same issue applies to Utaka who plays a different position when with the SE. Olofinjana recently noted that he is an attacking MF foor his club but we know he is a DM with SE. So our interest is what they do with the SE and not with their clubs.
E11, we can speculate about Chris non inclusion, it could well be CCC feels Seyi and Ekeweme combo in midfield is best with Ekong as sub. My beef is Lawal, he has no business in the SE at this stage of his career, Lawal's time has come and gone and I really cannot see how he can contribute or add to the team at present or in the future.

As for Seyi, I know about that, I did an interview with him some time ago for the SE, unfortunately I lost the dame thing when my PC went down to a virus.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
King of the Abyss
Egg
Egg

Post by King of the Abyss »

Enugu II

The real debate should be about what their BEST positions are. I believe that you are extrapolating on the basis of one SE game where Obodo was PLAYED OUT OF POSITION, and using that to try and explain why Obodo was not selected. That, to me, is not tenable. Why would the coach insist on converting Obodo to a position which he hadn't shown the greatest aptitude for, when there was clearly a vacancy in a different position in which he had done reasonably well in one of the top European leagues????

It just doesn't make sense, and you should stop trying to sell it.
[/quote]
"The youth of a nation must, out of relative obscurity, discover it's mission, fulfill it, or betray it." - Frantz Fanon
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

Ekong is a player that has been in Europe for at least 3-4 years and the farthest he has got is Serie C and then the Chinese League. Chinese players are so good that I cannot even name one player from China starting on any top European team. (there are two in the english league but they are on the bench). Some have tried to compare Ekongs precense in the Chinese league to Mboma's in the Japanese League, but that comparison is a reach. The level of the Japanese league is much higher than the Chinese league as can be seen in Japans success in Asian Champions League and international competitions. Never mind that Mboma has played at the highest level in Europe.

The point is Ekong has had countless opportunities in the green white green and he has failed to show "international" quality. Obodo is a young player who has been a starter for his club for the last 18 months and has played against top teams in a top European league week in week out while garnering accolades from respected people in the soccer world.

As for Lawal..........................................that guy is not among Nigerias 50 best players save our top 22 players.

It has been alledged that these guys are doing "long leg" to get on the team. They must be doing a lot more than "long leg"
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

elhadji wrote: It has been alledged that these guys are doing "long leg" to get on the team. They must be doing a lot more than "long leg"
Where did u see that? Show us your source or tell us your source .. show us proof before you open your dirty mouth
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Well done NFA C.. All hands are on deck...
Soldier of Fortune...
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

nfa chairman,
why all these attacks and insults.

I think you need to deliver a full disclosure on this board as to your business activities and involvement in Nigerian football.

I myself am not an agent, have never been an agent and do not manage any players.
Beyond the glory
Egg
Egg
Not an agent

Post by Beyond the glory »

Guys for your information, NFA Chair no be agent na scout...he scout players and then recommend them to a third party agent who evalutes them.....pls stop masquerading your self as agent....you are deceiving forumites..an agent has FIFA license
Chairman Nigerian soccer Paparazzi