lawal, ekong are unpatriotic -

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

elhadji
Egg
Egg
lawal, ekong are unpatriotic -

Post by elhadji »

If those two guys were real true Nigerians and sincerely concerned about Nigeria, they would step down from the team. They do not deserve to be there on form or fitness. Lawal is clubless and from the rubbish he played in the World cup, he would be lucky to make an MLS team.

Ekong is a division 1 or 2 player in China...........please. He has spent the last 4 years either in Serie C or in china and has shown no improvement. ANC is a big step up from China. He brings nothing to the squad. Taking this guy instead of Oruma, Obodo or Usim is an indication of the level of corruption in the Nigerian game. I for one am certain that Ekong and Lawal paid some money to get on the squad. I can only hope that the YAK can injure the two of them in training.

Usim, Kalu, Obodo, Melkam, Oruma all deserved to make the team ahead of Ekong, Lawal and Agali. What Chukwu does not understand is that players win games and winning ensure coaches do not get fired. If Chukwu plays Lawal and Ekong, then for sure he is not interested in winning games and he will loose his job. We need a coach with integrity.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

They didn't pick themselves. They were patriotic, that's why they answered the call.
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

lawal did not play in a single qualifier, not one.
How then does he deserve a callup
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Not to mention that he is clubless!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Isn't that down to CCC. Would you have mind if Martins was included?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

PaJimoh wrote:They didn't pick themselves. They were patriotic, that's why they answered the call.
So if an 80 yo grandpa was called up, should he go even when he knows he is incapable?

Anyways, I agree with you; I don't blame the players - its the peeps that picked them in the first place.

As for me, I still can't figure why clubless and Chinese players would be picked ahead of players playing consistently, competitively and regularly in a high quality team and league. Once I figure that out then I can worry about why the players accepted the callup.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

true, true

maceo4 wrote:**
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

martins is an exceptional young up and coming talent.
lawal is an old horse that has been used and abused by nigeria.
We all saw how he struggled in the nations cup against Senegal and Mali and in the World cup. He could not keep up with faster, stronger and younger players. Now he is a full 2 years older and we expect him to have gotten bettter. If na experience dem want make dem call Stephen Keshi to the team.
fledi
Egg
Egg

Post by fledi »

CCC is using Federal character to pick the National Team. I bet the Sports Ministry has a hand in this.
fledi
ik15
Egg
Egg

Post by ik15 »

fledi wrote:CCC is using Federal character to pick the National Team. I bet the Sports Ministry has a hand in this.
Now you are talking. Nigeria would have been better off without ccc. That's why NFA didn't want to replace him. They wanted a yes man and they got it. I've actually lost enthusiasm for the upcoming ANC. There is a good chance the SE could be knocked out in the group stage.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

elhadji wrote:lawal did not play in a single qualifier, not one.
How then does he deserve a callup
Qualifiers? Please how many qualifiers did Obodo, Melkam and Oruma play?! And btw, isn't your favored Kalu "clubless"?!
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

Gotti,

obodo played in countless matches including the all africa games and the LG invitational tournament. Kalu was also present for those games and it was he along with osaze who scored the goals over Angola after we were 2 nil down to take us to Tunis.

Melkam is a young and upcoming player who actually has played competitive football in the last 6 months for a Division 1 club. Actually for me, Opabunmi is a better player than both Melkam and Lawal but he has been forced to play with the Olympic squad.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

See people here talking as if they know for a fact how to run a team and what is going down behind the scenes, if you are that solid, why are you wasting talent here posting and not coaching
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

elhadji wrote:Gotti,

obodo played in countless matches including the all africa games and the LG invitational tournament. Kalu was also present for those games and it was he along with osaze who scored the goals over Angola after we were 2 nil down to take us to Tunis.

Melkam is a young and upcoming player who actually has played competitive football in the last 6 months for a Division 1 club. Actually for me, Opabunmi is a better player than both Melkam and Lawal but he has been forced to play with the Olympic squad.
El HADJ:
You appear to have trouble reading your own posts.

One: I did not list Kalu among the THREE that I noted did not play in the ANC qualifiers (a criteria that you yourself employed).

Two: You raised the subject of Lawal's "clublessness", a criteria that you appear to arbitrarily waive for Kalu.

Three: Not only did Obodo NOT play in the All-Africa Games, but neither the AAG nor the LG Cup are ANC "qualifiers."

Four: The fact that Obodo played "countless" games would indicatee that he is neither blacklisted nor witchhunted!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

elhadji,
u said Lawal did not play any ANC qualifier and he is in teh team but when Gotti confronts you that Melkam and Obodo have not played u mention AAG. AAG and ANC are they the same thing?Talk about someone been stupid, dumb and fooolishly deceptive.
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

listen now you are getting academic. Yes I did say they did not play in any qualifiers, but they have played in multiple games for the Eagles over the last year. They have been in the picture, not just appearing out of nowhere like Lawal.

Kalu = played in qualifiers, AAG, LG cup, Olympic qualifiers
Obodo = played in LG tourney, played in Olympic qualifiers
Usim = played in countless friendlies, CAN qulaiferis

Lawal = did not play, does not play, is clubbless, has no club, plays set

[quote]elhadji,
u said Lawal did not play any ANC qualifier and he is in teh team but when Gotti confronts you that Melkam and Obodo have not played u mention AAG. AAG and ANC are they the same thing?Talk about someone been stupid, dumb and fooolishly deceptive.[[/quote]

Mr NFA chairman, your last comment was unneccessary and counterproductive. It only adds to the increasing sentiment on this board that you have a vested interest in these players.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Ikpeba and Amokachie could have made the team.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

your argument is that why go to the ANC in detriment of teh others that played teh qualifiers but when we showed you where u were wrong, you decided to come up with this AAG crap
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

nfa chairman,
you sef should have made the team.
No be 30K dollars the players go receive if them win the cup.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

me i no dey play ball again. But if i ttrain well in teh next 1 week, i can pay 100k to take ekongs place. I'm sure CCC would not say no
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

chief nfachairman wrote:me i no dey play ball again. But if i ttrain well in teh next 1 week, i can pay 100k to take ekongs place. I'm sure CCC would not say no
You flatter him; methinks 5 grand'll see you through.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The real traitors are Babayaro & the ever so useless Agali.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.