AC Milan want the much maligned Heskey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
AC Milan want the much maligned Heskey

Post by 27 »

Liverpool's Emile Heskey has emerged as a transfer target for Middlesbrough and Italian giants AC Milan.

Boss Gerard Houllier confirmed that clubs had enquired about the striker.

He refused to name the clubs - but it is understood Middlesbrough are keen on a permanent deal, with AC Milan interested in a loan arrangement.

Houllier told BBC Sport: "It's true that some clubs have inquired about Emile Heskey, but there is nothing further to report than that."

Heskey's long-term future is in question with Auxerre's Djibril Cisse scheduled to arrive at Anfield in a £14m deal next summer.

AC Milan have refuted suggestions that they targeted Heskey, but BBC Sport can confirm they did sound out Liverpool about a deal.

Middlesbrough is a more likely destination, but boss Steve McClaren would have to offer about £6m to tempt Liverpool, with Milan Baros still three weeks away from a return after injury and Michael Owen only just back after a lengthy absence with a thigh injury.

Houllier would be reluctant to consider any deal for Heskey at present and run the risk of reducing his striking resources, but Middlesbrough have earmarked him as a potential answer to their goalscoring problems.

Boro boss Steve McClaren is keen on Heskey, but he would have to be at his most persuasive to tempt Liverpool into a deal and then lure the player into switching to Teesside.

An added complication is the relationship between the two clubs remains frosty after the so-called "tapping" row over the deal that took Christian Ziege from Middlesbrough to Liverpool in 2000.

McClaren has worked closely with Heskey during his spell coaching with England, and with Cisse lined up to partner Owen at Liverpool next season, he hopes to steal a march on the chasing pack

AC Milan are seeking a powerful striker and made a move for Heskey, but it is unlikely that deal will be pursued any further.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 397681.stm
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Africana
Egg
Egg

Post by Africana »

Heskey is maligned only on this forum and in a few other forums where people wallow in follow-follow analyses.

Based on my observation of Heskey's actual play, I have often failed to see why he is so much berated on this forum. Emile Heskey is a competent, strong, and dangerous attacker.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Well, if we are to follow the logic often prevelant on this forum, his agent must have "dropped"!
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

Africana, well said - mI'm not a liverpool fan and I know the guy can play.

I truly believe that he is not being managed properly. Football is a team sport and only in this season and because of necessity has Houllier been able to field a regular first team.

Its the rotation system that he oved so much that killed off liverpool last season
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Hesky should go FAST!!! we dont need a transfer fee. We will even pay AC Milan for even wanting to get him.
Hesky is just a little better than the Anfield Security Personnel
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Milan has already denied interest.

Personally, I do not see why Milan would want Heskey.

The club already has Shevchenko and Inzaghi, so one has to wonder where Heskey would fit in (unless he is wanted to join Tomasson as as the permanent back-up, i.e. permanent bench warmer).
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Well whilst its bogles the mind, it is not unthinkable