WHO IS OUR WORLD CUP CAPTAIN?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
WHO IS OUR WORLD CUP CAPTAIN?

Post by Obong »

Now that we have seen the 23 representing us in South Africa,the big question is who captains us.For some years now we have had the rather untidy arrangement where Yobo starts and captains,thyen Kanu comes in for his usual cameo role,and is ultimately handed the captain's band.If Yobo does not start,and Kanu will still occassionally come off the bench,it only makes sense to field a substantive captain for the World Cup.The player must be a central member of the team that gets to play every match,and must be an assured and consistent performer.If Yobo fails to start,I expect either Odemwingie, Enyeama or Mikel to lead us.Any suggestions other than those listed?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Nzeamaka
Egg
Egg
Re: WHO IS OUR WORLD CUP CAPTAIN?

Post by Nzeamaka »

amudu is the captain, i guess
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

get a life
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

I guess Yobo is still the captain...I would like Odemwingie as he leaves everything out on the field...he sets example with total commitment for his teammates to emulate.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

If Yobo and Kanu are not on the field, Osaze captain. Kanu should never ever be on the field in South Africa!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

I wish they will just give it Osaze. I guess, Yak, but please take it away from Yobo and let's stop this Captain Kanu on the bench crap
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

CMS wrote:I wish they will just give it Osaze. I guess, Yak, but please take it away from Yobo and let's stop this Captain Kanu on the bench crap
idk....based on last friendly Osaze is in Lagerback's doghouse

i don't agree w/ this ...but i have a feeling if Yak is starting he'll be captain
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Wetin dem say him do?
goke313 wrote:
CMS wrote:I wish they will just give it Osaze. I guess, Yak, but please take it away from Yobo and let's stop this Captain Kanu on the bench crap

i don't agree w/ this ...but i have a feeling if Yak is starting he'll be captain
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

CMS wrote:Wetin dem say him do?
goke313 wrote:

he highlighted on Osaze's poor marking that led to the goal vs Columbia
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

We dont have a captain as it stands. The coach should name one active player as captain and stop all this Kanu stuff.
tippy
Egg
Egg

Post by tippy »

according to wiki (stop laughing lol) its Yobo. based on the last match though (and yobo's fitness) it might be yakubu who leads us out against argentina.
My usual reaction after most Arsenal games: "lol, f*** Arsenal."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I will try to remember the hierarchy

1) (Captain) Kanu (Will not be captain any longer....according to Lagerback)
2) (Stand in Captain) Yobo
3) (Vice Captain) Yakubu
4) (Stand in Vice Captain) Osaze

possible New Hierarchy

1) (Captain) Enyeama/Mikel (If Lagarback decides we wants a new skipper entirely)
2) (Stand in Captain) Yakubu (Promoted from old hierarchy)
3) (Vice Captain) Osaze (Promoted from old hierarchy)
4) (Stand in Vice Captain) Yobo (If Lagerback doesn't think he is a focal point
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

We have so many people captain this team.... from

1. Kanu to Yobo from Yakubu to Osaze from Enyeama to Martins and from Ayila to Mikel and so and so forth. I beg, we should name a new active captain but for the spirit of the team I will allow the sleeping dog to lie provided Calabar man is not there.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Nobody should be da captain of that team as punishment for screwing up again at the African cup of nation. That should be punishment for not winning that cup in almost 20yrs. But if anyone should be then it should be Osaze as captain :sad:
SPARROW JAY
Egg
Egg

Post by SPARROW JAY »

If wishes were horses...
Who d heck is eyeama, Mikel n Osaze??
King Kanu is the captain as much as it is not my preference, Yobo has done magnificiently well when Kanu isn't playing. we must respect Him n Lar's decision jheeze..
A meeting was held btween Lars, Kanu, Yobo n d NFF top wigs n Lars categorically stated that Kanu and Yobo remains his captains :idea: so y'all should shurrup n support d team.
Well Yobo starts if Kanu obviously wouldn't n I believe if LARs wasn't gon' start both Kanu n Yobo he wouldn't retain them as his skippers :thumbs: :tic:
Hush or stop supporting the SE if y'all don't like it :arrow:
THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS....