THE CRITICS OF EKONG: YOUR view on Abbey "yellow fever&

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

rogba,

I am mixed race. Well, 3/4 on the Nigerian side.

A fuss was created on this thread for obvious reasons by people seeking to use "race" as a battle tool and I feel much more insulted by that. Disgraceful and utterly distasteful.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

Jiggerman21,

I am mixed race too. Actually 1/8th non nigerian :P Honest. Sincerely i'm least worried coz u'll never tell if u see me but we can argue for or against but at the end of the day the truth is the yellow fever thingy get as e be.
With God all things are possible
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

rogba,

chei, you fit lie o! Why claiming "non-Nigerian" status? :D

This forum sef get as e be. It must be painful seeing people argue like this after all the effort you put in. Well, unfortunately, na football, so somehow tempers always manage to flare up.

Make we all quash this matter cos it really is unecessary.
Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

U never c nothing. Na so so tempers dey rise b4 and during big competitions. D real big guns wey i dey psyche myself 4 are Gotti, Ayo, Waffiman and they all know demselves Inc. I don beg ISP sey beware January DANGER MEN AT WORDS
With God all things are possible
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Rather than facing the merits of the argument of Ekong's non suitability to make the team at the expense of a Serie A player, folks counter by calling a mixed player who plays a different position from Ekong, a racial slur. Now that's real relevant indeed. On that premise alone, the Suya's of the world should not even waste their time on this thread.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Toxic, when I been write my mini defence of u , I been think say you dey refer to football type. I beg make u apologise to anybody you might have offended by that "Yellow Fever" reference . It doesn't matter how you feel about it , it's how the pipul you're referring to feel about been called that.

Suya I apologise if anything I've said may have offended you. It wasn't my intention.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Cross
Egg
Egg

Post by Cross »

What a pathetic thread!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is a terrible thread! :roll:

Very embarassing that brothers and sisters cannot get along. We are all niggers in the eyes of some. It does not matter if you are full, half, a quarter, an eighth black!

Unfortunate then that we use racial slurs to describe our own.
Last edited by YUJAM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Lagos U are a real man and no harm done.....after all you can always yank my chain by saying ADIDAS ! :P

What is sad here is that each time I hosted Toxic for lunch or dinner here in DC he has never one brought up the fact that I am......"Yellow Fever". Hence my amazement at the insensitivity at hand......but then again life is like a box of chocolates.....and you never know what youve got till you actually taste one.

I am done with this thread !!!
Last edited by SUYA on Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I beg move this to the R&R it is no longer soccer related! Make we dissect am there!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

SUYA, I am surprised that an intelligent guy like you fell for this sort of naked trickery.

Anyway, this thread should be deleted.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Ah, me too am miix race. Those who have seen me can confirm am mixed race oh :D Rogba, abi na another person picture you put dia before?

Abbey is the right back we have been lacking. He keeps things simple and is very effective in his tackles. I've seen him play about three game sfor the SE include the live match against venezuela. This guy is not afraid to put his foot in and he has also given us another attacking dimension from the right. I don't have to say much, kick off is just a couple of days away. I know he will definitely prove his critic wrong.

Toxicarrow
Even if its not an insult, if some people feel very strongly about it do the right thing. It doesn't take anything from you to say sorry.
rogba wrote:Jiggerman21,

I am mixed race too. Actually 1/8th non nigerian :P Honest. Sincerely i'm least worried coz u'll never tell if u see me but we can argue for or against but at the end of the day the truth is the yellow fever thingy get as e be.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
King of the Abyss
Egg
Egg

Post by King of the Abyss »

Can someone here tell me the negative connotations associated with being called "Yellow"? or "Dudu"?

It is true though that many people feel offended when they are described by their physical characteristics, for instance you can't go around calling people Mr One-leg or Hairy Facial Mole. Or can you?
"The youth of a nation must, out of relative obscurity, discover it's mission, fulfill it, or betray it." - Frantz Fanon
shakakaka
Egg
Egg

Post by shakakaka »

Ugbowo wrote:Abbey is on the team because we had no one better. Obodo is better than Ekong. Period!
:( I'm saddened that naija whose professional football population size only surpassed by brazil, can proudly choose a player playing in a league of such low quality...After this ANC, such nonsense picking must stop!
A player who at least trains...infact watches from the stands with serie A players is better than one who plays in the English Division 3.
theshak
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

obodo's exclusion still amazes me