THE CRITICS OF EKONG: YOUR view on Abbey "yellow fever&

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

And Chukwu is a mumu coach like Nfgaychairman!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Early in the yr I wrote-"GEORGE ABBEY--JOKE OF LAST SUMMER" Some came to his defence lecturing us that the guy is a GOOD CROSSER OF THE BALL--CROCK OF A STATEMENT.
Picking this PART TIME PLAYER IN A THIRD DIVISION ahead of BOB USIM-D-KOLO-TOURE OF NIGERIA FOOTBALL IS A JOKE. This guy have been playing in this DIV for 4 damn yrs--Never rave review abouit HIM.

THIRD DIV FOR GOD SAKE!
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

GUEST wrote:Early in the yr I wrote-"GEORGE ABBEY--JOKE OF LAST SUMMER" Some came to his defence lecturing us that the guy is a GOOD CROSSER OF THE BALL--CROCK OF A STATEMENT.
Picking this PART TIME PLAYER IN A THIRD DIVISION ahead of BOB USIM-D-KOLO-TOURE OF NIGERIA FOOTBALL IS A JOKE. This guy have been playing in this DIV for 4 damn yrs--Never rave review abouit HIM.

THIRD DIV FOR GOD SAKE!
You dey mind them......Na so so dem tell me about Nigeria vs Malawi until I get the tapes and I come see different tories. I am sure that scores of people I sent the tapes of those games to also dey surprise like me when they see the whole thing with their kokoro eyes !
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:which one be "yellow fever"?
By the way, do you remember those police in naija wey wear "yellow uniform"......Well, keep the activities of those guys (traffic wardens) and Fela's song at heart when you dey watch the boy in Tunisia.
GOTTI: Let me repeat it for emphasis: READ !
TOXIC:
Would you also call SUYA a "yellow fever"?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gotti:
You are probably the only one in the world who thinks that Abbey George is of Eagles quality. :lol: Oh I forgot that you are more familiar with the other football! :lol:

I told you that the guy is not good at all. Just wait till the ANC!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

YUJAM:
What is "Eagles' quality"? The quality of national team players are determined SOLELY by the quality of players available to play for that nation at any given point in time. If you can point to any world-class Nigerian right-back that was overlooked, then we may finally have a rational discussion (as opposed to an incomprehensible monolgue) underway. And please do not point to Bob Usim, whom you probably NEVER seen play!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gotti:
Chris Kanu is better than Abbey George.

To make a story short, it can't possibly get too much worse than Abbey.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

YUJAM wrote:Gotti:

Yet more incomprehensible monologue...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

What incomprehensible monologue? Please! I may not be the perfect writer, but I do just fine, both on this forum and in my professional life. So stay away from the petty personal attacks and deal with me on an equal footing here! We can all be as snide and rude as you when under pressure!

If you can't COMPREHEND Toxic's take of Abbey, then perhaps you are JAUNDICED!
Yet more incomprehensible monologue...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti,

a half fit Gbenga Okunowo is better than Abbey George.

& he has played that position (& other positions) at the highest possible level.

& Chris Kanu is also better than him.

No beating around the bush here, he talent level is way below what is required for the National team.

Its a shame that the clueless people in charge can't even find their way out of a room with a wide open door.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Abbey will be awesome in ANC.

The boy is good.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

Which kind doki you be sef? Abeg wake up and look at the boy properly jare...Nonsense and ingredients :D
TOXIC:
I am becoming worried about you. In the event that you did not comprehend OGBUNIGWE's (largely rhetorical) question: that "yellow fever" appellation is a SLUR!
Word!
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

If memory serves me right , pipul that play "clear the ball" footie are called "yellow fever" . They place "police" football. Is Toxic using it as a slur , only him can adress that.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

How far, is Gotti himself yellow? maybe that's why. :mrgreen:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Jiggerman21 wrote:How far, is Gotti himself yellow? maybe that's why. :mrgreen:
Call him to find out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotti, what's your number?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:

Which kind doki you be sef? Abeg wake up and look at the boy properly jare...Nonsense and ingredients :D
TOXIC:
I am becoming worried about you. In the event that you did not comprehend OGBUNIGWE's (largely rhetorical) question: that "yellow fever" appellation is a SLUR!
That's what I thought too :(
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

I dont see how a traffic cop fits in here......maybe somebody can help me ???????
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

lagos777 wrote:If memory serves me right , pipul that play "clear the ball" footie are called "yellow fever" . They place "police" football. Is Toxic using it as a slur , only him can adress that.
God bless you, Lagos 777....These people are all acting as if there are not from Naija or never been to markets square.

I wonder when "yellow fever" or "Brother Yellow" (as those market women would call light-skinned people to draw their attention to the products that they are selling) become[s] slur...... Wonder never ceased !
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

If anyone of you have doubt about traffic wardens (those police in yellow uniform) being called "yellow fever", call home and ask them to explain to you who "yellow fever" are in the naija discourse/lingua
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Jiggerman21 wrote:How far, is Gotti himself yellow? maybe that's why. :mrgreen:
J21:
Someone from your family already knows!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Toxicarrow wrote:I wonder when "yellow fever" or "Brother Yellow" (as those market women would call light-skinned people to draw their attention to the products that they are selling) become[s] slur...... Wonder never ceased !
TOXIC:
Here's a piece of counsel: if you did not intend it a a slur, just be a man and duly apologize! But please, do not seek to justify it.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YUJAM wrote:Gotti:

I have told you numerous times to smoke After a game not before...

Abbey is a good player...can hold his own against any yahoo you guys trout out... better than Chris Kanu, better than Gbenga Okonuwo, better than Enakhaire at right back...

he tackles well, distributes the ball well, does not panic when people run at him, is not afraid to venture forward, has ball skills...

I bow for you and Toxic who claim that he plays police football... his position does not require him to dwell on the ball... he does not give away the ball unnecessarily... crosses the ball better than all the other clowns you mentioned, good at taking set pieces, and wins almost all tackles he goes for... what else do you want from a defender?

And this is from a guy who was trying to convince us that Coly was a good defender?

Puuleeze!

PS. Toxic from my part of Naija, calling someone "Yellow Fever" is not a term of endearment.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!