Nigeria's Mikel In Fresh Injury Worry?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg
Nigeria's Mikel In Fresh Injury Worry?

Post by Bobo Dan »

Nigeria's Mikel In Fresh Injury Worry

http://www.mtnfootball.com/live/content ... m_ID=30403

Friday. June 4, 2010

Nigeria are again sweating on the fitness of Chelsea midfielder Mikel John Obi ahead of the World Cup after the player cut short training with the rest of the squad on Friday afternoon at the team’s camp base in Richard’s Bay for the second straight day running.

Top team official, Emmanuel Attah, told MTNFootball.com: “Training lasted for about two hours. Mikel trained for only 40 minutes, taking part in the warm-up as well as the shooting exercises, before he was rested and an ice pack placed around his knee, which he recently operated on.

“He told the doctor that he is still feeling some pains.”

Mikel also trained with the team for a limited time on Thursday before he retired to the sidelines to have an ice pack on his knee.

Attah said the team will now have to wait till Saturday to know whether Mikel will feature in Sunday’s final warm-up game against North Korea in Tembisa, near Johannesburg.

“I cannot say whether he will be fit for the match on Sunday. We just have to wait and see,” he told MTNFootball.com.

A confident coach Lars Lagerback had disclosed after the Colombia friendly in London at the weekend that Mikel will play a part in the Korea tune-up game.

Keen followers of the Super Eagles had worried that Nigeria were taking a big chance on Mikel after he did not play in the team’s two build-up games against Saudi Arabia and Colombia.

He was the last player to join up with the rest of the squad at their training camp in Essex, England, last week.

Left back Elderson Echiejile also trained apart from the rest of the squad on Friday after he sprained his ankle in the previous day’s training, Attah disclosed.

In the meantime, Attah told MTNFootball.com that Lars Lagerback told the team that he was satisfied with the attitude to work of Wolfsburg striker Obafemi Martins even after it was reported that the coach has been far from impressed with the player.

“Lagerback is happy with Martins. There is no problem between the coach and the player. He has therefore told all the players to disregard all they hear or read in the press,” said Attah.

“We remain focussed to reach our target in South Africa and will allow anything to distract us.”
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria's Mikel In Fresh Injury Worry?

Post by ohenhen1 »

NOt good signs, this could be another 1998 with Kanu. An injured player brought to the WC because of his big boy status, the NFF and Lagerback are bunch of liars.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Biafra
Egg
Egg

Post by Biafra »

Drop that guy. What da heck???? :mad: :mad:
Last edited by Biafra on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...all for the good of the game, for 'football is full of idiots and egotists; men obsessed with squeezing out every last penny from the game that gives them a living'.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

If he doesn't play against North Korea he should be dropped
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

If this is true then he shouldn't be going to the WC. I hope it isn't too serious though.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Hmmmm, I no go comment till after the N. Korea game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

this is some bullshit!
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

I know there is that age factor and I am much older than JMO, but I had a meniscus surgery 11 years ago. I still feel the pain today :) . Today's athletes, they have knee scope/surgery and they are proclaimed 100% fit within a month! :shock:

My gut tells me JMO won't be ready for Argentina. They need to put Ajilore on standby...
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abbey wrote:I know there is that age factor and I am much older than JMO, but I had a meniscus surgery 11 years ago. I still feel the pain today :) . Today's athletes, they have knee scope/surgery and they are proclaimed 100% fit within a month! :shock:

My gut tells me JMO won't be ready for Argentina. They need to put Ajilore on standby...
"Mikel will play whether he's ready or not" - Signed Ogunjobi! :glare:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Abbey wrote:I know there is that age factor and I am much older than JMO, but I had a meniscus surgery 11 years ago. I still feel the pain today :) . Today's athletes, they have knee scope/surgery and they are proclaimed 100% fit within a month! :shock:

Ajilore wasnt even in the 30-man shortlist my fren'.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

You could play Obasi as a central midfielder. It would mean a lighter midfield but a much more creative one.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

JMObi wrote:You could play Obasi as a central midfielder. It would mean a lighter midfield but a much more creative one.
Stop yarning dust :veryangry:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

we have to bring a replacement in as soon as possible..
chilling!