Something needs to be done about John Shittu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Something needs to be done about John Shittu

Post by smartbrother »

This crook has managed to turn John Obi into a money-grubbing unprincipled Adebayor-like traitor in the space of a few years. Apart from stunting the player's development by diverting him from ManU to Chelsea, he has managed to turn him into an unpatriotic little rat ready to abandon his country in a time of need. I'm sorry but Shittu should not be allowed to handle any of our young players in the future.
Meanwhile Siasia needs to come in as soon as this tournament is over to restore pride to the National jersey and sideline self serving players like Mikel forever .kpom
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Something needs to be done about John Shittu

Post by tolahs »

While it ain't impossible for Mikel to have been fit enough for the WC - it never looked probable. If the N.Korea game was going to expose his unfitness - good thing he pulled out now....i don't see the reason to round up on Shittu
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

So Mikel does not have a mind of his own :dream:

imagine if we never had a planned NK friendly......would he still be in the squad?
Nzeamaka
Egg
Egg

Post by Nzeamaka »

easy bro, don't complicate an already complicated situation. Every player dream is to play in the world cup and mikel is no difference. leave shittu out of this cuz mikel is old enough to make his own decision and have no say about it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We can't blame Shittu for everything here. Mikel himself chose to go to Chelsea for the money, over a better career move to PSV under Gus hiddink..
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

smartbrother wrote:This crook has managed to turn John Obi into a money-grubbing unprincipled Adebayor-like traitor in the space of a few years. Apart from stunting the player's development by diverting him from ManU to Chelsea, he has managed to turn him into an unpatriotic little rat ready to abandon his country in a time of need. I'm sorry but Shittu should not be allowed to handle any of our young players in the future.
Meanwhile Siasia needs to come in as soon as this tournament is over to restore pride to the National jersey and sideline self serving players like Mikel forever .kpom
Jeez.. Where did they uproot this low IQ zombie from?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
dcf1
Egg
Egg

Post by dcf1 »

There could be some truth in this.

Chelsea's medical staff gave Mikel the all-clear just nine days ago. Yet when Mikel felt discomfort he withdrew by his own admission without waiting for the return of his Chelsea doctor (who was due to re-examine him on 7 June) but in consultation with Shittu.

The problem, of course, is that it is in Shittu's financial interest for Mikel to withdraw if there is any doubt at all, because he takes what, ten percent of Mikel's club wages, i.e. eight to ten thousand pounds per week.

Unfortunately the NFF models this inappropriate relationship with agents - they used agents for the recruitment of the coach and even to set up the friendlies. Most FAs would undertake such tasks themselves.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

My only question is this is Ideye managed by Shittu? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

maceo4 wrote:My only question is this is Ideye managed by Shittu? :???:
nah his agent na oyibo
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Futcharistic wrote:
nah his agent na oyibo
Aight, just making sure the guy didn't force them to replace one of his players with another one of his players.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

I think this shittu Managing 4 players in Current Team

Joseph Yobo

Obasi Chinedu

Mikel Obi

Can Remember the Last One..

Mind You--Ogunjobi is in the Fold too...
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

smartbrother wrote:This crook has managed to turn John Obi into a money-grubbing unprincipled Adebayor-like traitor in the space of a few years. Apart from stunting the player's development by diverting him from ManU to Chelsea, he has managed to turn him into an unpatriotic little rat ready to abandon his country in a time of need.

I'm sorry but Shittu should not be allowed to handle any of our young players in the future.
I have a few comments on this.

* We all agree that Mikel Obi is a very talented player, and he will be the core of the SE for a long time - that is a given.

* When John Shittu diverted Mikel Obi from Man-U to Chelsea, there were many things I did not understand that are now very clear to me. One is that Manchester and Lyn coerced a player to sign a contract in the absence of his agent. This is a big No-No as far as FIFA rules are concerned. A player is typically contracted to an agent for the protection of his contract (so he is not duped). Manchester and Lyn made Obi sign the minute he turned 18. They could have had the player but were worried by the approach from Chelsea (who had more money).

* The conversion of Obi to a DM was all Mourihno's doing. Obi was never going to take Joe Cole's shirt, and Mourihno was pretty adamant about fielding Obi so he takes him and converts him to a Makalele. There is a bigger issue with this. As evidenced from the recent transcript from the interview of Sandro Rosell, there is a view that African players can only play certain roles (defensive midfield) for a European side. You would be hard pressed to see an African player command a #10 shirt for a European side ... which may explain why players like Okocha and Mohamed Zidan have been on somewhat fringe clubsides.

* Your grievance with Shittu is the level of influence he wields. He is VERY influential and because of his marque client - he has the big clubs and other young Nigerians going to him (he has the rights to Emmanuel Sani and Lukman Haruna I believe). There are other agents in Nigeria like Churchill Oliseh (whose focus has been with contracts with club such as Reggiana many years ago and FC Midtjylland in Denmark) and Marcelo Houseman (who had the rights to a large swath of the U-20 squad).

* If you want to study powerful agents look up Pini Zahavi who is Yakubu's agent ...

x
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

GUEST wrote:

I think this shittu Managing 4 players in Current Team

Joseph Yobo

Obasi Chinedu

Mikel Obi

Can Remember the Last One..

Mind You--Ogunjobi is in the Fold too...
Lukman
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

I think Shittu Joseph Yobo, Obasi Chinedu, Mikel Obi, and Lukman Haruna. That said his players have played well and their inclusion is meritorious ... all agents must have contact with the Secretary General of the FAs they deal with ...

x
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

lukman haruna needs to escape this crook's clutches before its too l8
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

maceo4 wrote:
Futcharistic wrote:
nah his agent na oyibo
Aight, just making sure the guy didn't force them to replace one of his players with another one of his players.

na like dis rumours dey start...... :sneaky:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Special One
Egg
Egg

Post by Special One »

[quote="maceo4"]My only question is this is Ideye managed by Shittu? :???:
No brown is managed by one Yomi bremner itsekure
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Look, no 'conspiracy theory here'. Mikel is unfit, so he is out of the world cup! now :arrow:
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

General Trousers wrote:
smartbrother wrote:This crook has managed to turn John Obi into a money-grubbing unprincipled Adebayor-like traitor in the space of a few years. Apart from stunting the player's development by diverting him from ManU to Chelsea, he has managed to turn him into an unpatriotic little rat ready to abandon his country in a time of need.

I'm sorry but Shittu should not be allowed to handle any of our young players in the future.
I have a few comments on this.

* We all agree that Mikel Obi is a very talented player, and he will be the core of the SE for a long time - that is a given.

* When John Shittu diverted Mikel Obi from Man-U to Chelsea, there were many things I did not understand that are now very clear to me. One is that Manchester and Lyn coerced a player to sign a contract in the absence of his agent. This is a big No-No as far as FIFA rules are concerned. A player is typically contracted to an agent for the protection of his contract (so he is not duped). Manchester and Lyn made Obi sign the minute he turned 18. They could have had the player but were worried by the approach from Chelsea (who had more money).

* The conversion of Obi to a DM was all Mourihno's doing. Obi was never going to take Joe Cole's shirt, and Mourihno was pretty adamant about fielding Obi so he takes him and converts him to a Makalele. There is a bigger issue with this. As evidenced from the recent transcript from the interview of Sandro Rosell, there is a view that African players can only play certain roles (defensive midfield) for a European side. You would be hard pressed to see an African player command a #10 shirt for a European side ... which may explain why players like Okocha and Mohamed Zidan have been on somewhat fringe clubsides.

* Your grievance with Shittu is the level of influence he wields. He is VERY influential and because of his marque client - he has the big clubs and other young Nigerians going to him (he has the rights to Emmanuel Sani and Lukman Haruna I believe). There are other agents in Nigeria like Churchill Oliseh (whose focus has been with contracts with club such as Reggiana many years ago and FC Midtjylland in Denmark) and Marcelo Houseman (who had the rights to a large swath of the U-20 squad).

* If you want to study powerful agents look up Pini Zahavi who is Yakubu's agent ...

x
ok that's fine and logical....because i always wondered if he really was all guys say he is
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

dcf1 wrote:There could be some truth in this.

Chelsea's medical staff gave Mikel the all-clear just nine days ago. Yet when Mikel felt discomfort he withdrew by his own admission without waiting for the return of his Chelsea doctor (who was due to re-examine him on 7 June) but in consultation with Shittu.

The problem, of course, is that it is in Shittu's financial interest for Mikel to withdraw if there is any doubt at all, because he takes what, ten percent of Mikel's club wages, i.e. eight to ten thousand pounds per week.

Unfortunately the NFF models this inappropriate relationship with agents - they used agents for the recruitment of the coach and even to set up the friendlies. Most FAs would undertake such tasks themselves.
Oh, there is no role for SE's doctors? How come the coach put him on the team if our own doctors had not certified him fit? This is ridiculous.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics