Angry Kanu Replies Maradona

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bombastic
Egg
Egg
Angry Kanu Replies Maradona

Post by Bombastic »

I am glad we are stepping up and not leaving unreplied those useless mind tricks Argentina is playing.

[http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 5WQKvkc3dA]
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
peppersoup
Egg
Egg
Re: Angry Kanu Replies Maradona

Post by peppersoup »

Nigeria are not dirty, Kanu tells Maradona
By Benoit Noel (AFP) – 38 minutes ago
JOHANNESBURG — Nigeria captain Nwankwo Kanu hit back at Argentina coach Diego Maradona on Friday, insisting his 'Super Eagles' were not a dirty side, an accusation which has spiced up their World Cup clash.
Maradona, whose two-time winners play Nigeria in their opening Group B match on Saturday, said he expected the Africans to observe 'fair-play'.
Kanu did not mention either Maradona's infamous 'Hand of God' goal against England in 1986 or the Argentinian failing a drugs test at the 1994 World Cup.
However, Kanu was clearly angered by Maradona's comments.
"We are here to play football," said Kanu, who won Olympic gold back in 1996 and the Champions League with Ajax in the same year.
"It won't be a very different match from the others. We are battlers but we will play football."
Nigeria's experienced Swedish coach Lars Lagerback refused to get drawn into an eve-of-game slanging match.
"I don't really know Maradona as a coach, only as a player," said Lagerback, who guided the Swedes to the last 16 at both the 2002 and 2006 finals.
"I have never seen him coach. What I do know is that he used a lot of players in the qualifying campaign (where they edged into the finals).
"What I have seen of Argentina under his auspices is that he is trying to develop them into a very offensive-minded unit. We have worked on with the players trying to put together different tactcis to nullify this threat.
"We could also benefit as their style will open up a lot of space on the pitch.
"But it is always difficult to predict how a match will play out in advance. In any case we have prepared for every eventuality."
The 61-year-old Swede, brought in after Nigeria finished third at January's Africa Cup of Nations, said that he did not believe his squad were stressed at the prospect of trying to reach the second round for the third time.
"Pressure? Well it is the same for all the teams who are competing at the finals," said Lagerback.
"There are always high hopes in each of the countries that have reached this stage.
"I said to my players that this pressure must be a positive one. When one plays this sport, participating at a World Cup finals is a goal achieved, the realisation of a dream.
"It is a positive thing (reaching the finals). Therefore the pressure is positive."
Nigeria go onto play Greece on June 17 at Bloemfontein and round off their group stage matches against South Korea at Durban on June 22.
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

ASHEWOs please pay attention

"What I have seen of Argentina under his auspices is that he is trying to develop them into a very offensive-minded unit. We have worked on with the players trying to put together different tactcis to nullify this threat.
"But it is always difficult to predict how a match will play out in advance. In any case we have prepared for every eventuality."
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

nothing dey happen
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

African Star wrote:ASHEWOs please pay attention

Dude, please change your moniker...
You are a real disgrace to the continent.
:oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Gotti wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Gotti wrote:

You dey mind am? Any person wey no get better thing to type go just face Amodu. Nonsense!!!:-x :-x
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.