NIGERIA HAS THE BEST FAN IN THE WORLD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
NIGERIA HAS THE BEST FAN IN THE WORLD

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Picture this. During the anthems the cameras cut to the Argentinian fans. There are thousands of them. Passionately cheering their teams and clothed in sky blue and white stripes. The Argentine anthem finishes and the Nigerian anthem begins. The camera shows the Super Eagles singing the anthem. It then cuts to the stadium, there are ONE or TWO Nigerian fans. It quickly cuts back to the players, as the director frantically looks for a group of at least 10 Nigerian supporters. But the best they can do is find 5 Nigerians surrounded by at least 30 Argentinians! :oops:

This is the FIRST WORLD CUP in Africa. It is being held in South Africa, a country with a large number of Nigerians, yet the stadium was 3/4 filled with Argentinians! The Supporters club only has 50 memebers if the pictures from yesterday were anything to go by! Even BBC's Jonathan Pearce made sly remarks about it.

What i don't get that why everyone was hyping up that Nigerians would come in their drones to come and watch the games- didn't the Nigerian high commisioner say this?? Everyone was saying it would be a "home" game. Just wait and see how many Ghanians will be there for their game against Serbia.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
akamoke
Re: NIGERIA HAS THE BEST FAN IN THE WORLD

Post by akamoke »

Well, I did my bit, I even imported my brother from Nigeria..

It was indeed disappointing to see all the argentina flags hanging by the terrace, I managed to hang my Nigerian flag

So, we know we talk a lot and act little

I will be in Bloem for the Greece game, and business unfortunately will stop me from the Durban game, however my bro will be there

I will resume duties for the knock out games should we make it
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

..but we got a lot of South African support...the Nigeria supporters club were nested at the side of the pitch, I expected them in center circle area , just like the Argie Bargies

Let's just say Argentina fans came prepared, it seems they travel in batches..and for that I admire and respect them. Little wonder their team will always beat us
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

no but they can come here and insult the players and the coach......they could not even spen a commom £50 to come down to south africa and support the team

all the CE is a bunch of popcorn supporters with no balls to go that extra mile for their country
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

I am watching Algeria vs Slovenia now. They don't have as many fans as Argentina did yesterday, but there is a strong number of them. I would have expected that from Nigeria as the bare minimum, considering the fact that there are a large number of Nigerians in South Africa. Well done Algeria, you have done Africa proud...aand i am sure Ghana will do so later.

Nigeria, as per usual, have covered themselves and Africa with disgrace.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...especially the ones that bragged to be in SA for WC but ended up in Ajegunle with excuses or never move their behind from Europe or USA...too much noise about what they cannot do...bunch of jokers...
Enyi wrote:no but they can come here and insult the players and the coach......they could not even spen a commom £50 to come down to south africa and support the team

all the CE is a bunch of popcorn supporters with no balls to go that extra mile for their country
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, See Ghanians!!!! They just come and fill the stadium full!!!! So far all of Africa is representing, apart from Nigeria!!!! :roll: Nigeria really are a disgrace.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

i suggest that if you cannot go and see the SE when they come and play in your backgrd u should not be allowed to say crap let alone insult any of them....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

The so called rich ones probably dont have bank accounts in S. Africa to siphon our money to. Who knows?
ghanaweb

Post by ghanaweb »

what happened to the 69 senators who went to watch the game :blushing:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

ghanaweb wrote:what happened to the 69 senators who went to watch the game :blushing:
:evil: :twisted:
Oh well da 69 senators were beaten up by Messi, Tevez and Co., rite after they'd beaten up da Super Eagles :thumbs: