Fans reaction on CE: Laugh wan kill me...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Fans reaction on CE: Laugh wan kill me...

Post by Robbynice »

...Well it is no secret that we have delusional peeps on the forum. It is definitely no secret that we have peeps that don't know the game on the forum but it is what it is so no biggie. What I find funny is how guys are going bonkers that we lost to Argentina and all of a sudden want this player and that player benched and the coach fired. Kai! We are definitely as fickle as they come as fans on this forum. First of, nobody in their right mind (not even the knuckleheads) on the forum thinks that Nigeria is better than Argentina. In fact we all know that Argentina is way ahead and far better than the SE of Nigeria. We did not give the boys any chance to even get a result in the game. I was talking to some Nigerians the day before the game at the indoor soccer facility where I tap indoor soccer and guys were busy telling me how we would get beat by 6-0, Messi this Messi that, Tevez this Tevez that among other world class players on the Argentina team. Now the game has come to past and the boy tried their best and even though they lost, the result was respectable (thanks to V. Enyeama who is a part of the team anyways). All of a sudden we want to crucify the boys and the coaching crew because we lost 1-0 to Argentina. We have issues as fans on this forum I swear.

Some have started to tell us how Greece and Korea will take us to school all because we lost to the best team in the group. Thursday cometh soon. Let see how Korea will handle Argentina. It is then we would know for sure whether Saturday comes before Sunday or not. For the record, I am very proud of the boys especially Enyeama, Yakubu, Yobo, Haruna, and Martins. They did their best and even though their best wasn't good enough yesterday, I believe strongly that with yesterday's result of 1-0, we have now position ourselves well to navigate through this group successfully especially with Greece next on deck. Argentina square off with Korea first on Thursday. My hope is that Argentina will issue Korea bitterness with Messi scoring a hattrick or something like that then the SE will go ahead in the second game of the day and issue Greece bitterness. This will put us in a better shape and on the driver's seat going into the last game against Korea where most likely all we would need is a draw to advance to the second round.

Btw, did I hear someone calling for Siasia to be hired to coach the SE after the loss to Argentina? I don't recollect Siasia beating Argentina at any level as a player or as a coach but I do stand corrected. With that said, my prayer is that knee jerk reactions will not kill us as fans on this forum. I pray for knowledge and wisdom of the game for all members of the forum especially the ITK ones and most importantly, I pray that God will be with the Super Eagles of Nigeria and if it is his will, we will soar higher and higher at the WC starting with the game against Greece on Thursday.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
realtrouble
Re: Fans reaction on CE: Laugh wan kill me...

Post by realtrouble »

Well you should have held back your analysis until after the S Korea Vs Argentina game.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

realtrouble wrote:Well you should have held back your analysis until after the S Korea Vs Argentina game.
What analysis? I gave an option of the game. I am not Mr. ATF you know. I give my opinion prior to a game and not after the game and just like you I am entitled to my opinion. Thank you very much realtrouble.

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Robbynice wrote:.... First of, nobody in their right mind (not even the knuckleheads) on the forum thinks that Nigeria is better than Argentina. In fact we all know that Argentina is way ahead and far better than the SE of Nigeria. .
I wond3r what will you say when Skorea beats Argentina on thursday. Argentina are average. Nigeria was rubbish. Only Siasia can save us. I hope we come to our senses and hire him when this ordeal is over
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

smartbrother wrote:
Robbynice wrote:.... First of, nobody in their right mind (not even the knuckleheads) on the forum thinks that Nigeria is better than Argentina. In fact we all know that Argentina is way ahead and far better than the SE of Nigeria. .
I wond3r what will you say when Skorea beats Argentina on thursday. Argentina are average. Nigeria was rubbish. Only Siasia can save us. I hope we come to our senses and hire him when this ordeal is over
So comprehension is also a major problem on CE. God help us. I said I hope Argentina beats Korea. I did not say it is set in stone that Argentina will beat Korea, get it? :twisted:

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I have always wonder why we think too negative about our team...Korea beats a useless team in Greece and all of a sudden they are the best thing since slice bread yet we don't give credit to our team for hanging with Argentina, a team that is arguably one of the best in the world and definitely starring the best player in the world. I just wonder... :?

blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Robbynice wrote:...Well it is no secret that we have delusional peeps on the forum. It is definitely no secret that we have peeps that don't know the game on the forum but it is what it is so no biggie. What I find funny is how guys are going bonkers that we lost to Argentina and all of a sudden want this player and that player benched and the coach fired. Kai! We are definitely as fickle as they come as fans on this forum. First of, nobody in their right mind (not even the knuckleheads) on the forum thinks that Nigeria is better than Argentina. In fact we all know that Argentina is way ahead and far better than the SE of Nigeria. We did not give the boys any chance to even get a result in the game. I was talking to some Nigerians the day before the game at the indoor soccer facility where I tap indoor soccer and guys were busy telling me how we would get beat by 6-0, Messi this Messi that, Tevez this Tevez that among other world class players on the Argentina team. Now the game has come to past and the boy tried their best and even though they lost, the result was respectable (thanks to V. Enyeama who is a part of the team anyways). All of a sudden we want to crucify the boys and the coaching crew because we lost 1-0 to Argentina. We have issues as fans on this forum I swear.

Some have started to tell us how Greece and Korea will take us to school all because we lost to the best team in the group. Thursday cometh soon. Let see how Korea will handle Argentina. It is then we would know for sure whether Saturday comes before Sunday or not. For the record, I am very proud of the boys especially Enyeama, Yakubu, Yobo, Haruna, and Martins. They did their best and even though their best wasn't good enough yesterday, I believe strongly that with yesterday's result of 1-0, we have now position ourselves well to navigate through this group successfully especially with Greece next on deck. Argentina square off with Korea first on Thursday. My hope is that Argentina will issue Korea bitterness with Messi scoring a hattrick or something like that then the SE will go ahead in the second game of the day and issue Greece bitterness. This will put us in a better shape and on the driver's seat going into the last game against Korea where most likely all we would need is a draw to advance to the second round.

Btw, did I hear someone calling for Siasia to be hired to coach the SE after the loss to Argentina? I don't recollect Siasia beating Argentina at any level as a player or as a coach but I do stand corrected. With that said, my prayer is that knee jerk reactions will not kill us as fans on this forum. I pray for knowledge and wisdom of the game for all members of the forum especially the ITK ones and most importantly, I pray that God will be with the Super Eagles of Nigeria and if it is his will, we will soar higher and higher at the WC starting with the game against Greece on Thursday.

BEST POST MATCH WRITE UP.
I too find so many posts amazingly asinine and comical.
Like you i realized many have never played the game, or played any organized competition against worthy opposition with coaches. Also many just blindly follow the main theme on any player, coach or match.
But with time i believe their understanding of the beautiful will improve.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

We Nigerians will always yarn because we have the power in whatever capacity...in this case, ability to log on a pc....money talks in Nigeria, those that don't have are presently slugging it out somewhere in a motor park, market shed, on the streets and even the biggest place BEER PARLOR :woot:
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Robbynice wrote:I have always wonder why we think too negative about our team...Korea beats a useless team in Greece and all of a sudden they are the best thing since slice bread yet we don't give credit to our team for hanging with Argentina, a team that is arguably one of the best in the world and definitely starring the best player in the world. I just wonder... :?
Robbynice, I only give credit for a win or a draw. I don't believe in moral victories especially when the opposing team has a cokehead as their coach and their defenders are slow.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

well said robby.. very well said
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

realtrouble wrote:
Robbynice wrote:I have always wonder why we think too negative about our team...Korea beats a useless team in Greece and all of a sudden they are the best thing since slice bread yet we don't give credit to our team for hanging with Argentina, a team that is arguably one of the best in the world and definitely starring the best player in the world. I just wonder... :?
Robbynice, I only give credit for a win or a draw. I don't believe in moral victories especially when the opposing team has a cokehead as their coach and their defenders are slow.
Cokehead coach or not, slow defenders or not Argentina is still way better than Nigeria and that is a fact. I do not do moral victories as well but the object of the first round is to make the second round. Based on the result we got yesterday, we are still pretty much in good shape and that is a fact whether you chose to accept it or not.

Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

The blame for this loss lies firmly on the doorstep of Lars Lagerback. His team selection was shocking and the deployed tactics were even more bewildering! £1.5m for what we saw y'day.............heaven help the SE!

For the first time ever (IMHO), Yak played well in an SE shirt. Osaze (apart from when he should have passed early to Martins) did ok, and Enyeama (God bless him) were the only bright spots. Obinna, Odiah, Nsofor, Kaita & Taiwo should have their citizenship of Nigeria revoked!

I don't know what we do now. The fact is that we lack INTELLIGENT players. Lagerback has seen, what his wards can do in a 'live environment', it will be interesting to see next time around whether any lessons have been learnt!
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Robbynice wrote:we are still pretty much in good shape and that is a fact whether you chose to accept it or not.
On what basis????? :roll:
brainz
Egg
Egg

Post by brainz »

Robbynice wrote: Kai! We are definitely as fickle as they come as fans on this forum.
Exactly why the date i joined this forum and my number of posts don't seem to add up. It's tough to come here and almost never see positive talk. The unnecessary speed with which people jump into conclusions while expecting instant magical results EVERY SINGLE TIME, always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.It's healthier for me to watch from the sidelines here, or not even watch at all. Leaves me flying my green-white-green flag very happily.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

I agree with Robby.
Of course as a fan one always hopes for a result, but objectively speaking since the day the draw was made we all know that Nigeria has to collect points against Greece and Korea. Getting a result against Argentina would be a bonus.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

kofi86 wrote:I agree with Robby.
Of course as a fan one always hopes for a result, but objectively speaking since the day the draw was made we all know that Nigeria has to collect points against Greece and Korea. Getting a result against Argentina would be a bonus.
Yesterday's Argentina were very much beatable. If the SE had come into the match with the mindset you have alluded to, well, then they should seriously consider withdrawing from the tournament.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Robbynice wrote:...Well it is no secret that we have delusional peeps on the forum. It is definitely no secret that we have peeps that don't know the game on the forum but it is what it is so no biggie. What I find funny is how guys are going bonkers that we lost to Argentina and all of a sudden want this player and that player benched and the coach fired. Kai! We are definitely as fickle as they come as fans on this forum. First of, nobody in their right mind (not even the knuckleheads) on the forum thinks that Nigeria is better than Argentina. In fact we all know that Argentina is way ahead and far better than the SE of Nigeria. We did not give the boys any chance to even get a result in the game. I was talking to some Nigerians the day before the game at the indoor soccer facility where I tap indoor soccer and guys were busy telling me how we would get beat by 6-0, Messi this Messi that, Tevez this Tevez that among other world class players on the Argentina team. Now the game has come to past and the boy tried their best and even though they lost, the result was respectable (thanks to V. Enyeama who is a part of the team anyways). All of a sudden we want to crucify the boys and the coaching crew because we lost 1-0 to Argentina. We have issues as fans on this forum I swear.

Sir Robbynice, what do you expect from "our people"? I left my computer ON yesterday before running to Church for a birthday celebration and my wife - for the first time - read some of the posts or replies I received from some forumners. Believe me, she was devastated and asked me why on earth am I conversing with them???? I know there are some good descent people in this forum. Others really need to work on their ethics!!!!

This is typical of our people. We are ALWAYS ready to crucify people once they make a slight mistake. They would say WORSE about SiaSia had he taken us to this WC with the same result!!!!

Cheers!!!
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Babafad wrote:
kofi86 wrote:I agree with Robby.
Yesterday's Argentina were very much beatable. If the SE had come into the match with the mindset you have alluded to, well, then they should seriously consider withdrawing from the tournament.
of course they were beatable, Nigeria had several chances. But so did Argentina, the game could as well have ended 5-2.

My mindset is to beat teams who you should beat and try beat top teams. If you lose to top teams, well unfortunately, but one has to be realistic though. The likes of Argentina are better than us, we need a top performance from all eleven players to beat them.

You talk like Nigeria was a 3 time world cup winner, the best archievement was a second round
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

lukemana wrote:This is typical of our people. We are ALWAYS ready to crucify people once they make a slight mistake.
:lol:

Is that what you call what the SE served us yesterday.............'a slight mistake'? :lol: :oops:
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

kofi86 wrote:You talk like Nigeria was a 3 time world cup winner, the best archievement was a second round
WYC champions - twice, WYC runners up - twice, Olympic gold medal winners - once and Olympic silver medal winners - once. Enough said.........the pedigree is there. 8-)
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Babafad wrote:The blame for this loss lies firmly on the doorstep of Lars Lagerback. His team selection was shocking and the deployed tactics were even more bewildering! £1.5m for what we saw y'day.............heaven help the SE!

For the first time ever (IMHO), Yak played well in an SE shirt. Osaze (apart from when he should have passed early to Martins) did ok, and Enyeama (God bless him) were the only bright spots. Obinna, Odiah, Nsofor, Kaita & Taiwo should have their citizenship of Nigeria revoked!

I don't know what we do now. The fact is that we lack INTELLIGENT players. Lagerback has seen, what his wards can do in a 'live environment', it will be interesting to see next time around whether any lessons have been learnt!
Taiwo\Kaita should have their Citizen Revoked--Load of Rubbish

But Osaze did ok---Really!

Which Game did you watch dawg?
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Babafad wrote:
kofi86 wrote:You talk like Nigeria was a 3 time world cup winner, the best archievement was a second round
WYC champions - twice, WYC runners up - twice, Olympic gold medal winners - once and Olympic silver medal winners - once. Enough said.........the pedigree is there. 8-)
How many of these trophies did Germany or Italy win?
Dude, this is the world cup, no junior tournament.

You are upset, because Nigeria lost to Argentina, fine, I hoped for an SE win, too.
But I did not expect it, if you did expect it, the problem is not the SE, but your wrong estimation of the SE :!:
soxbox
Egg
Egg

Post by soxbox »

Great Job....beautiful piece, you have said it all..Robby. Lets keep praying for the SE and hopefully they will do us proud.