ikedia is a wastepipe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
ikedia is a wastepipe

Post by vancity eagle »

please, why is pius ikedia included in the squad. He is too short, gets muscled off the ball too easily, and has no ball control. The only thing good about him is that he is really fast, but he has no skills, maybe he should represent Nigeria in the upcomming olympics in Athens as a sprinter. He is a wasted space that should be filled by Oruma, Ogbeche, Obodo, Kalu. Watching him play at the last world cup was a disgrace.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Thanks for that contribution. :!:
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

I tire o!
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: ikedia is a wastepipe

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote:please, why is pius ikedia included in the squad. He is too short, gets muscled off the ball too easily, and has no ball control. The only thing good about him is that he is really fast, but he has no skills, maybe he should represent Nigeria in the upcomming olympics in Athens as a sprinter. He is a wasted space that should be filled by Oruma, Ogbeche, Obodo, Kalu. Watching him play at the last world cup was a disgrace.
...so are you saying that he will not be able to play for Sharks?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

This na true I can´t agree,he really impressed me at the last world cup but I would not rate him over Oruma or Obodo or even Uche but he is not a wastepipe.

He is fast player and he is the only naija player who has this skill so he fills a gap that needed to be filled
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

Ikedia is very skilfull. I can't believe you said he 'has no skills'.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

a skillful headless chicken, i just watched the friendly against Scotland pre 2002 world cup, in one of his trademark moves, he took the ball and circled the centre circle and attempted to take a shot on goal, it ended up as a throw-in for Scotland and no it was not deflected!!! :mrgreen:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Whether you all like it or not, Ikedia will be at the ANC....and for your information he is highly rated by those in the camp and expected to play a crucial role in the team similar to what Aghahowa did in 2000..go figure..

I will be watching those of you complaining now to see what your reactions would be should we do well in Tunisia...some of you just need to give it a rest and save your grief for after the ANC...

I can't believe anyone will say Ikedia has no skills...unbelievable..

@DIMKA76..why don't you mention the fact his cross led to the winning goal in that Scotland game...
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ikedia has been having what i think is his best season since moving to Europe. I'd rather see him in the side than Tijiani Babangida.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
authority
Egg
Egg

Post by authority »

He is very short to be in the national team and still playing high school soccer.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

What is wrong with that?

Overmans is short and plays for Barcelona.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

He never looks up when he goes on one of those headless chicken runs of his until he bumps into an opponent or team mate.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Ikedia is a primary school dribbler. I am not sure of him, and I hope he can proove me wrong.
...but with God all things are possible...
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

God help you any of you Ikedia bashers if my boy should have a great ANC..
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

mister dolly wrote:God help you any of you Ikedia bashers if my boy should have a great ANC..
That might only be a one game fluke probably against Benin.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

I just wonder if any of you guys have actually watched Ikedia play for RBC roosendal this season. Thanks to fox sports world i've been able to see a couple of his games and he seemed much more mature , did his fair share of tackling
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

omonoba wrote:I just wonder if any of you guys have actually watched Ikedia play for RBC roosendal this season. Thanks to fox sports world i've been able to see a couple of his games and he seemed much more mature , did his fair share of tackling
l don't have to as l have seen enough of his play with the SE.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Mr Dolly, the said cross was actually a miss-kick, it was so deep that agahowa who was running from deep was all on his own. It was simply put A FLUKE!!!
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

mister dolly wrote:God help you any of you Ikedia bashers if my boy should have a great ANC..

MD:

Ask the critics to please list their preferred list of 22. I bet their will be numerous holes and none of them will venture to put such a list in front of the public.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ikedia's football has matured. The guy is a terror on the wing and I like the fact that he has learned to attack from different angles on the right.

Hopefully, CCC will use him appropriately.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Enugu II wrote:

MD:

Ask the critics to please list their preferred list of 22. I bet their will be numerous holes and none of them will venture to put such a list in front of the public.
Goalkeepers
=======
Ejide
Enyeama
Etafia

Defenders
========
Babayaro (Melkam)
Udeze
Yobo
Enakhire
Orjinta
Abbey George
Okoronkwo

Midfielders
=======
Ikedia (Oruma)
Osaze
Okocha
Olofinjana
Lawal (Uche Kalu)
Ikpe Ekong (Obodo)
Ekwueme

Forwards
=======
Aghahowa
Utaka
Aiyegbeni
Agali (Ijeh)
Kanu
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Says who? :x
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

platinum wrote:Ikedia has been having what i think is his best season since moving to Europe. I'd rather see him in the side than Tijiani Babangida.
True dat! TJ no dey look up at all, at least Ikedia still dey look up small, small!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!