Insult on top of injury. chai...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet
Insult on top of injury. chai...

Post by Janganza »

Maradona Praises Super Enyeama
Diego Maradona

June 13, 2010

Argentina coach, Diego Maradona, has congratulated Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama for his heroics against his team in a World Cup Group B match at the Ellis Park on Saturday.

"We produced some very interesting attacking play but suffered a bit because we could not convert all of our chances, but also a lot of credit has to go to the Nigerian goalkeeper," said Maradona after his team's 1-0 victory over the Super Eagles.

Former Argentina World Cup star, Ossie Ardiles, also saluted the 27-year-old Nigerian shot stopper.

"Nigeria's goalkeeper had a great game. For us though, this wasn't much more than a training session. I expected much, much more from Nigeria. For us though it is a good start and we can build from this and move forward," said Ardiles.

"This should be the most difficult game for us. I expect Argentina to win the next two games. It is then between Korea and Nigeria. That will be the biggest game (of the group)."

Maradona also singled out World Footballer of the Year Lionel Messi for special praise.

"He made magic on the pitch today. I want Messi to be very close to the ball. As long as he has fun close to the ball, we will have fun," said Maradona.

Maradona said it was important that Argentina got off to a winning start at this World Cup, saying it meant Argentina would now be "more relaxed" for the next game against South Korea on Thursday at Soccer City in Johannesburg.

"This is certainly a very important step but we have to improve a lot on how we played today," he said. "Now we have to make decisions very quickly. We are in a World Cup, where everything happens fast like in Formula One."
http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=30680
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Insult on top of injury. chai...

Post by green4life »

training session ko. friendly game ni. Why was maradona jumping around rejoicing like a kid in a candy store after the 'training session'?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

wasnt he the same fat *kindperson* that said we let them off the hook? effin coke head :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

green4life wrote:training session ko. friendly game ni. Why was maradona jumping around rejoicing like a kid in a candy store after the 'training session'?
that's Maradona being Maradona...you guys are getting emotional over nothing
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

bret- hart wrote:wasnt he the same fat *kindperson* that said we let them off the hook? effin coke head :curse:
both teams underperformed and failed to capitalized on numerous opportunities/opponent's weaknesses

i'm still shocked with all the attacking fire power we have....only 1 shot on target
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

green4life wrote:training session ko. friendly game ni. Why was maradona jumping around rejoicing like a kid in a candy store after the 'training session'?
Na Ossie Ardiles wey tok dat wan, no be Diego.

Wha choo looking at?!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

goke313 wrote:
that's Maradona being Maradona...you guys are getting emotional over nothing
Please guys................read what is there...........Maradonna did not say that it was a practice match.....it was Ardiles.....sheeeeesh :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

"Nigeria's goalkeeper had a great game. For us though, this wasn't much more than a training session. I expected much, much more from Nigeria. For us though it is a good start and we can build from this and move forward," said Ardiles.
That's Diego for you, speaks his mind without let or hinderance. I won't fault his assessment though, for the game we put up Argentina gave Nigeria too much respect. It could have been a blood bath.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

Chief a win is a win and in the world cup you celebrate a good start. It's a huge confidence builder when you outclass your toughest opponent in the opening game.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Na Ossie Ardiles wey tok dat wan, no be Diego.

dont think g4l thinks that mardona said that.. he is merely stating that if it was a training session then the coach of the team that was training wouldnt nearly cum in his pants because he won!

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!