The mood is sombre in Faro after the list was announced

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Mr Shows,maybe it is because we let it?
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

The mood is sombre? How else was the mood supposed to be?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:FF, ignore Gotti. There is another forumer here, who I will call to come and post on this matter. He has direct contact with Chris. I know what happened in the LG cup and Chris bonus problems. What I am not certain of is, if Ogunjobi was personally responsible for his exclusion this time around. However Ogunjobi made some comments about Chris which were not nice and it came about from the LG cup issue.
WAFFI:
If you are UNCERTAIN that Ogunjob was responsible for this exclusion and AYO himself employs th term "APPEARS", why would you stubbornly not concede that the assertions advanced on this thread are merely SPECULATORY?!
The list was altered at Abuja, that is a fact, not speculation. As to who or those who did, I do not know, so I cannot say. If I get that information I will say who did alter the list.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Guys, this is pure passion and feelings run high on this matter. The fact is we care too much. Gotti and Ayo go settle and we go continue. It is not personal.

Let me issue a warning, come the ANC, things will get hotter and hotter, even fire brigade nor go fit quench the fire.

Oga Chief thanks for the info.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I don't see the problem with the list being changed! Sometimes the power has to be taken away from people who do not do the right thing!

Now we can sit down and watch a balanced Super Eagles challenge for glory

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

RB: Start thinking over the long-term. The NFA should never interfere with team selection! What business is it of the soon to be Ogunjobless to start creating his own lists?? What the SG did is no different to what we do here in this forum when publishing our own speculated lists - except that Ogunjobi's players will always make the final cut.

Why should Chukwu be laboured with players he doesn't want in the squad? His job will be hard enough without the likes of Agali and Babayaro moping around and up to no good. The coach should be allowed to pick who he wants and be prepared to be judged upon his own choices. And not by the decisions of some colo-mentality good for nothing retard secretary general.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Kelechi
Egg
Egg

Post by Kelechi »

RudeBoy your sense will not run out-------you are the man. You are always giving it out in pinch and it runs through.
What a beautiful drop?
For a child of God, silence in the face of problem is an act of ignorance
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Man tire for this tori.
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

ayoakinfe, you are contradicting yourself!! first you say obodos inclusion has got nothing to do with football, then you say he might be invited back if there is an injury!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:The list was altered at Abuja, that is a fact, not speculation. As to who or those who did, I do not know, so I cannot say. If I get that information I will say who did alter the list.
WAFFI:
There is NO disagreement that the list was modified in Abuja (see my preceding posts). The disagreement is exactly by who (some reports cite a neboulous "task force") and (more important) WHY. It is the "why" that constitutes the gravitas of the discord herein -- and nothing that has been posted on this thread or on the forum (including AYO's speculatory "it appears" theory) has traversed beyond the realm of mere speculation and conjecture.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:The list was altered at Abuja, that is a fact, not speculation. As to who or those who did, I do not know, so I cannot say. If I get that information I will say who did alter the list.
WAFFI:
There is NO disagreement that the list was modified in Abuja (see my preceding posts). The disagreement is exactly by who (some reports cite a neboulous "task force") and (more important) WHY. It is the "why" that constitutes the gravitas of the discord herein -- and nothing that has been posted on this thread or on the forum (including AYO's speculatory "it appears" theory) has traversed beyond the realm of mere speculation and conjecture.
Good point as per why? Sadly, we may never know why as we cannot get the person or those who did to come forward and admit it.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:Good point as per why? Sadly, we may never know why as we cannot get the person or those who did to come forward and admit it.
WAFFI:
As I noted somewhere else on this thread, sometimes the truth never emerges and we may never see the whole truth, which leaves us with conjectural speculation -- which is not necessarily bad so long as we recognize it for what it is (and not try to pass it off as FACTUAL). That is exactly why I am a vigorous advocate for the Open Society Initiative!
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Ebyboy wrote:
KickOff Chief wrote:I can confirm that that list was changed. As at the time that list got to ABuja, babayaro's name was not there. Obodo's was. . .

Make of that what you will. But that list definitely lost and gained something in transit.

Gotti, you probably should take a look at this qoute from KOC. I was leaning towards your reasoning of why he was invited in the first place but in view of this nugget I am not sure. Maybe they thought he would not make the team. I hope you do not think the guys in Abuja are above this sort of thing.
A lot of people saw CCC's list before Ogunjobi changed it;Sunday Rotimi even phoned earlier in the week telling me he had been selected!