OSAZE WARNS:''I will be a lot more selfish against Greece''

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Zelex
Egg
Egg
OSAZE WARNS:''I will be a lot more selfish against Greece''

Post by Zelex »

Nigeria clashed with the Greeks at the 1994 World Cup with the Super Eagles running away with a 2-0 win courtesy of goals from Finidi George and Daniel Amokachi.

“It’s a must win for us against Greece,” said Locomotiv Moscow striker Osaze Odemwingie after the 1-0 loss to Argentina on Saturday.

“I’m very positive. If we could just concede a goal against the big Argentina attack, it should be easier for us against the other teams. We just have to keep our concentration and score goals. We’re now a bigger threat than we were at the Nations Cup in Angola.”

Odemwingie, who admitted he was shocked to be on the bench for the Argentina match, disclosed he will be a lot more selfish in front of goal after he failed to score from a quick counter after coming on as a substitute in the second half of the game.

“I was thinking of passing the ball when I should have shot at goal. The way (Obafemi) Martins was shouting on me to pass to him the ball, I thought he was in a better position. I lost concentration and the chance,” he said. “Next time, I will just go for goal.”Nigeria’s task to reach the round of 16 has been made a lot tougher after South Korea defeated Greece 2-0 in the other Group B, also on Saturday.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=1282
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSAZE WARNS:''I will be a lot more selfish against Greece''

Post by Enugu II »

I just SHRUG. Nothing else to say.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

“I was thinking of passing the ball when I should have shot at goal. The way (Obafemi) Martins was shouting on me to pass to him the ball, I thought he was in a better position. I lost concentration and the chance,” he said. “Next time, I will just go for goal.”
I am beginning to thing the the guy is mentally weak and that statement reinforce that believe...
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

typical rant from oyinbo na oyinbo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

:shock:

He doesn't look up when he is running?
Egg

Post by Soccerfan00 »

this is why we aren't good... i mean our players don't even think with their brain... why can't you cut into the box and release a pass or a shot? our players are always afraid of entering the box... obasi did the same stupid thing three times in the game... didn't they learn anything at all from our third goal against north korea? SMH :mad:
Soccerfan00
Egg
Egg

Post by Soccerfan00 »

Molue Conductor wrote::shock:

He doesn't look up when he is running?
oh you didn't know... we have a bunch of mini pius ikedia's on our squad...
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Oh please, the guy is saying he will be a lot more decisive next time!! Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill! :dream: :dream: :dream:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

airwolex wrote:Oh please, the guy is saying he will be a lot more decisive next time!! Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill! :dream: :dream: :dream:
KPOM! :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

this osaze must be an illiterate
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

it's silly, he had plenty of time to look up and decide best decision whether to go for goal or lay it off for Martins. Martins shouting should not have confused him.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The guy is crazy! Martins was wide open. Pass him the ball for a tap-in goal! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

“I’m very positive. If we could just concede a goal against the big Argentina attack, it should be easier for us against the other teams. We just have to keep our concentration and score goals. We’re now a bigger threat than we were at the Nations Cup in Angola.”
Another moral victory. These guy's have no self belief.
Odemwingie, who admitted he was shocked to be on the bench for the Argentina match,
This guy thinks too much of himself

disclosed he will be a lot more selfish in front of goal after he failed to score from a quick counter after coming on as a substitute in the second half of the game

Osaze will never be in my team
“I was thinking of passing the ball when I should have shot at goal. The way (Obafemi) Martins was shouting on me to pass to him the ball, I thought he was in a better position. I lost concentration and the chance,” he said. “Next time, I will just go for goal.
Osaze is a below average player
Soccerfan00
Egg
Egg

Post by Soccerfan00 »

airwolex wrote:Oh please, the guy is saying he will be a lot more decisive next time!! Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill! :dream: :dream: :dream:
our players are weak... you can tell most of them weren't good at playing "monkey post" football... the guys we have now are a bunch of ajebutters... why do you think messi is so good? he does great things in tight spaces... give all the space in the world to our players and they will still flop... SMH, they are afraid of entering into the box... :boo:
Last edited by Soccerfan00 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

YemiBrazil wrote:
KPOM!!!

You know people here read the same article and have a totally different understand of the same article.

It seem to me that the issue folks have with Osaze is the gaffe "oyibo na oyibo" and nothing else he seems to do make sense to them.
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Don't waste your time with these bush Nigerian people :lol: :biggrin: :woot: :laugh:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Loosing his Mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

What he did Yesterday--Did Same GHANA-08 (REMEMBER)

Just Hope Lars did not Start this player--Becoming Ridiculous...
Last edited by GUEST on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

The way I understand his statement is that he is blaming Martins for making him lose his concentration.

What a .................!!!
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
tippy
Egg
Egg

Post by tippy »

Soccerfan00 wrote:
our players are weak... you can tell most of them weren't good at playing "monkey post" football... the guys we have now are a bunch of ajebutters... why do you think messi is so good? he does great things in tight spaces... give all the space in the world to our players and they will still flop... SMH, they are afraid of entering into the box... :boo:

I won't lie, I popped for this. took me back a few years :laugh:
My usual reaction after most Arsenal games: "lol, f*** Arsenal."
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Godfather wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
KPOM!!!

You know people here read the same article and have a totally different understand of the same article.

It seem to me that the issue folks have with Osaze is the gaffe "oyibo na oyibo" and nothing else he seems to do make sense to them.
The guy said he lost concentration b\c Martins shouted at him, what kind of stupid excuse is that...On the Green grass people are shouting all the time...
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:I just SHRUG. Nothing else to say.
Exactly. Just Shrug.

All these players talk: "I'll do this next game, I'll do that next game, I'll be more selfish, "We're so confident, We fear no one." Whatever. :roll:
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

kai.. osaze really does not know how to handle his mouth sha... rather lame!

saying that .. I am sure many of us understand the kind of "calling" that he is describing, lolol.. you know the kind where you think the person asking for the ball is about to die!

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Martins was in a better position tho. He probabaly wanted to pass it but held on a tad too long and completely missed the chance to pass it. A better striker would have just made the quick simple first time pass. I think Yak would have put in a better ball from that position.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes