10 men does not mean u shuld lose a match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
10 men does not mean u shuld lose a match

Post by skillful »

sorry a lot of teams go down to 10 men and still adjust sorry the coach got it wrong.
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
meetbishop
Egg
Egg
Re: 10 men does not mean u shuld lose a match

Post by meetbishop »

True talk. Ghana did it in CAN 2008. The game opens up when you have less man on the field and the lesser team can take advantage of it with good ball possession and positioning.
sublimeskills
Egg
Egg

Post by sublimeskills »

skillful wrote:sorry a lot of teams go down to 10 men and still adjust sorry the coach got it wrong.
What kind of coaching is that? Allow Greece a poor team to run at you like that! I do not care if we lose! but loose by going down fighting. Haruna was extremely disappointing. The midfield was non existent putting too much pressure on defense and goalkeeper! We do we start playing negative football.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Yeah 10 men does not mean you should lose a match, not when you play for Nigeria in this era. It takes talent and skillz to play with 10 men. Nigeria does not have the players to simply do this. I know a lot of you still remember when USA was playing 10 men against Naija at the Olympics and they almost tie the game against Naija while limiting Naija chances of scoring. We simply have talentless players in Nigeria except Enyeamagnet of course.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Lagerback have no clue today.....

Even with 10 men today, we could have put a better fight with a better Coach....why not bring in Martins for UWA with the three defenders back and Kalu Uche joining the midfield?....What is the use of another left back when we were losing? why not a fast striker on the left to pin the Greeks back in their half. Why should a Coach, whose team was already down to 10 men, not bring in a player with energy like Ayila to the midfield in the first place instead of Obasi who does not the energy to finish a game?

It shows the people on our bench were not thinking tactically. most team with 10 men adjust to 4:3:2 with Kalu Uche moving forward to join Yak and Ayila strengthening the midfield. After the last injury, then bring Martins or Nsofor for Lukman/Uche and and tried to keep the ball in the greek half to give us a chance. But, no, we brought in Afolabi.

Anyway, maybe Lars and his team thought Nigeria was the one leading by 2:1.
Follow Us:
https://twitter.com/AthleticsAfrica
https://instagram.com/AthleticsAfrica
https://facebook.com/AthleticsAfrica
https://youtube.com/AthleticsAfrica
Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

kolinzo wrote:Yeah 10 men does not mean you should lose a match, not when you play for Nigeria in this era. It takes talent and skillz to play with 10 men. Nigeria does not have the players to simply do this. I know a lot of you still remember when USA was playing 10 men against Naija at the Olympics and they almost tie the game against Naija while limiting Naija chances of scoring. We simply have talentless players in Nigeria except Enyeamagnet of course.
I think we have the talent but they are not presently wearing GWG.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

we play a 4 - 4 - 2 line of defense. where the middle 4 plays too deep and stads off the midfielders. but thats not the most annoying part. Why in the world don't the 2 up to defend as well. Nah they don't have to tackle tackles or even even chase every defender ala Tevez but they need to attempt to close up any of opponents bringing up the ball. It makes it harder for the defender to see who the right option is. and makes it easier to win back the ball.

even when we were down to 10 men, i kept wondering why Yak was not closing out their number 6 who was standing just ahead of center circle with nobody usually 15 yards of him in any direction. Unchallenged and from that position, he always had ample time and opportunity to see the whole field, find the right option and then execute. I dont know about Labake, but in my team everybody defends!!!! period!!! no one gets to stand around and wait for people to win the ball and pass it to them. Forward or not (yeah Yak I am talking about you) - especially if we are down one man
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

amafolas wrote:we play a 4 - 4 - 2 line of defense. where the middle 4 plays too deep and stads off the midfielders. but thats not the most annoying part. Why in the world don't the 2 up to defend as well. Nah they don't have to tackle tackles or even even chase every defender ala Tevez but they need to attempt to close up any of opponents bringing up the ball. It makes it harder for the defender to see who the right option is. and makes it easier to win back the ball.

even when we were down to 10 men, i kept wondering why Yak was not closing out their number 6 who was standing just ahead of center circle with nobody usually 15 yards of him in any direction. Unchallenged and from that position, he always had ample time and opportunity to see the whole field, find the right option and then execute. I dont know about Labake, but in my team everybody defends!!!! period!!! no one gets to stand around and wait for people to win the ball and pass it to them. Forward or not (yeah Yak I am talking about you) - especially if we are down one man
Bro,

I cannot see how you can blame Yak. He was my best player after Enyeama. There was simply no movement and no closing down all around the pitch. We simply gave the greeks the ball while we retreated deeper and deeper even closing down on Enyeama. It was like men playing against boys. The greeks seemed to have more energy while we seemed to be convserving ours. We were so slow and Enyeama should collect everybody's salary for them subjecting to an open barrage of shots. All over, we were poor and deserved nothing.