LET'S JUST HOPE GREECE IS AS HORBIBLE AS THEY LOOKED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
LET'S JUST HOPE GREECE IS AS HORBIBLE AS THEY LOOKED

Post by 1naija »

If Greece do not lie down for us in the next game, could be looking at the worst international outing for Nigeria ever. Because we will not beat South Korea playing the way we played today.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LET'S JUST HOPE GREECE IS AS HORBIBLE AS THEY LOOKED

Post by Oba »

I am not at all worried about Greece. It's South Korea that I'm concerned about. The 1-0 margin was a huge bonus for us. A draw against Korea may be enough to qualify for the second round. But we must show up against Greece.
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

First it was CHANGE - well, the PowerPoint malfunctioned.

Now it is HOPE - if wishes were horses...

Nigeria decided to fire the guy who made it possible for them to be in South Africa, now they should not complain if 2002 repeats itself.
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

O wrote:I am not at all worried about Greece. It's South Korea that I'm concerned about. The 1-0 margin was a huge bonus for us. A draw against Korea may be enough to qualify for the second round. But we must show up against Greece.
The south Korea team that played today will beat the Nigerian team that played today, so a draw is not a given. And Greece will not repeat their performance today.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Can any team be worse than nigeria?

Corner we no sabi.
freekick, na anywhere belle face.
Passing, we no fit string five together.
Without ball, we no fit pressure.
With ball, we go dey make unforced bad pass.

This na world cup oh. make we hide out butt before sombodi kick am hard. :D
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Greece IS a bad team

Greece 0:2 (0:0) Senegal

03/03/2010 Volos Friendly

Greece 2:2 (1:1) Korea DPR

25/05/2010 Altach Friendly

Greece 0:2 (0:2) Paraguay

02/06/2010 Winterthur Friendly

Korea Republic 2:0 (1:0) Greece

12/06/2010 Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth FIFA WC

Greece have conceded exactly two goals in all of their last four matches
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What if South Korea beats Argentina? Won't that be the end for us regardless of how we do against Greece?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote:What if South Korea beats Argentina? Won't that be the end for us regardless of how we do against Greece?
Not that simple. We may also beat South Korea and Greece so all ending on same 6points. GD may be the tie breaker.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wanaj0 wrote:
1naija wrote:What if South Korea beats Argentina? Won't that be the end for us regardless of how we do against Greece?
Not that simple. We may also beat South Korea and Greece so all ending on same 6points. GD may be the tie breaker.

If that were to happen and Greece is as poor as they look then it's safe to say we won't qualify because Argentina will score a boat load of goals against Greece and we WON'T beat South Korea by more than goal if we beat them at all.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

If that were to happen and Greece is as poor as they look then it's safe to say we won't qualify because Argentina will score a boat load of goals against Greece and we WON'T beat South Korea by more than goal if we beat them at all.
And we may score boat loads against Greece also. We just need to beat Greece as if they stole something!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

This coach will have to be bold and ambitious, he will need to ditch his conservative attitude of containment and go out for all attack . He must drop Shittu, Etuhu , Obasi and Nsofor for Adeleye, Uche , Osaze and Martin
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

realtrouble wrote:This coach will have to be bold and ambitious, he will need to ditch his conservative attitude of containment and go out for all attack . He must drop Shittu, Etuhu , Obasi and Nsofor for Adeleye, Uche , Osaze and Martin
Osaze??? Abeg ooo
Uche??? That his miss was criminal. He did not even trouble the keeper!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wanaj0 wrote:
1naija wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

And we may score boat loads against Greece also. We just need to beat Greece as if they stole something!

Greece is in the same position as us. They probably are thinking they just had a bad game and will bounce back against us. We will be lucky to beat them much less score a boat load of goals against them! If we do beat them, then they won't have anything to play for in their last game except pride and Argentina's desire to qualify will easily overpower their pride. We on the other hand will be facing a South Korean team that knows they have not qualified for the second round despite being in the drivers seat. We will have a much toughter path!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Well, if we cant beat Greece and South Korea then we have no business in the 2nd round. That plain simple.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wanaj0 wrote:Well, if we cant beat Greece and South Korea then we have no business in the 2nd round. That plain simple.

And I am assuming this statement is based on all the recent international trophies we've won or our superior WC record.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

1naija wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Well, if we cant beat Greece and South Korea then we have no business in the 2nd round. That plain simple.

And I am assuming this statement is based on all the recent international trophies we've won or our superior WC record.
yes at least compare to Greece; who have never score a goal in WC
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

furiously frank wrote:
1naija wrote:

No mind 1Naija. Greece is yet to score a goal at the WC. South Korea has an LC and we get FC. That alone is enough reason to wallop them :taunt:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

furiously frank wrote:
1naija wrote:

How about South Korea? Has Nigeria ever made it past the round of 16? And btw, neither Nigeria nor Greece has scored in this WC so maybe we should wait until we have score to bring that up.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wanaj0 wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
1naija wrote:

No mind 1Naija. Greece is yet to score a goal at the WC. South Korea has an LC and we get FC. That alone is enough reason to wallop them :taunt:

You do have a point on the foreign coach bit, however their coach is Onyibo and as you know, Onyibo na Onyibo.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its 1994 all over again.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Realistically Greece know their only chance now is big victory against Nigeria and then park the bus against Argentina hoping for the draw. Then hope both Argentina and Nigeria beat Korea...

Remember if Argentina beat SK then they have practically qualified, and may start a second string team and be happy with at least a draw in the Greece game to avoid injuries .

The Nigeria game is their World Cup! period, if people think we are just going in their to pick up a 3 points from the Greeks then be warned it is going to be even tougher than the Argentina game IMO.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

AreaDaddy wrote:Realistically Greece know their only chance now is big victory against Nigeria and then park the bus against Argentina hoping for the draw. Then hope both Argentina and Nigeria beat Korea...

Remember if Argentina beat SK then they have practically qualified, and may start a second string team and be happy with at least a draw in the Greece game to avoid injuries .

The Nigeria game is their World Cup! period, if people think we are just going in their to pick up a 3 points from the Greeks then be warned it is going to be even tougher than the Argentina game IMO.

"Reaalistically Greece know their only chance now is big victory against Nigeria"

Areadaddy, in a way that would play into SE hands, Greece coming out to play would open up the game.