''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
Zelex
Posts: 5016
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: London

''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by Zelex »

South Korea play Nigeria in their final Group B match in the knowledge that a win would seal their berth in the last 16 stage of the World Cup.

So for the Koreans, it all hinges on their final group game against Nigeria, a fact not lost on coach Huh Jung-Moo.
“The Nigeria game is now extremely important and it will decide if we reach the round of 16,” Huh said.

“We will analyse things and we will be thoroughly prepared for the match.”

Remarkably for a side that has lost its two opening games, the Super Eagles could still also qualify in their first ever World Cup match against an Asian team — if it were to rack up a good win over South Korea and Argentina beat Greece.

Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback said: “The positive thing is that we still have a chance of qualifying, although we need a helping hand from Argentina. We need a fresh start, and we’ll do that by beating Korea Republic.”

But captain Joseph Yobo was downbeat about Nigeria’s chances of qualifying.

“We’ve lost both matches and it looks like we won’t make it to the next round, even if we win our last game. We’re basically out of the tournament.”

Nigeria’s defeat continues a miserable run for the Super Eagles in which they have gone seven games without a win at World Cup finals — including six defeats — since their last victory in France 1998.

South Korea, who are unbeaten against Nigeria — winning twice and drawing once, will be captained and led from the front by Manchester United’s Park Ji-Sung.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=1418
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
User avatar
bret- hart
Posts: 25537
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by bret- hart »

when are we going to do the right thing for once???? Decamp YOBO.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!
User avatar
Player
Posts: 25125
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:34 pm
Location: Bus Garage
Contact:

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by Player »

Very nice coming from the captain.... :boo:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."

See Naija Basketball News here www.teamnigeriabasketball.com
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Posts: 10976
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Edited by CMS . Brother man, I'm one of yobo biggest critics here, but I still respect him as a human being. So please lets desist from this type of name calling. Thank you.

STOP THE ROT!!! DON'T LET THIS guy BE NIGERIA'S MOST CAPPED PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
User avatar
mcal
Posts: 51311
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by mcal »

....like say truth hurt sooooooooooo bad :sad:
User avatar
spastic
Posts: 23877
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by spastic »

Edited by CMS
TOWER OF STRENGTH wrote:STOP THE ROT!!! DON'T LET THIS guy BE NIGERIA'S MOST CAPPED PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

Easy son :idea:
User avatar
bret- hart
Posts: 25537
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by bret- hart »

mcal wrote:....like say truth hurt sooooooooooo bad :sad:



ma friend sharrrap. ur captain should be an inspirational figure something Yobo has no clue abt
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!
Abbey
Posts: 3722
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:03 pm
Location: The WINDY City

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by Abbey »

Defeatist attitude! No wonder he plays like a loser sometimes.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
User avatar
blueangel
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:22 pm

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by blueangel »

Zelex wrote:South Korea play Nigeria in their final Group B match in the knowledge that a win would seal their berth in the last 16 stage of the World Cup.

So for the Koreans, it all hinges on their final group game against Nigeria, a fact not lost on coach Huh Jung-Moo.
“The Nigeria game is now extremely important and it will decide if we reach the round of 16,” Huh said.

“We will analyse things and we will be thoroughly prepared for the match.”

Remarkably for a side that has lost its two opening games, the Super Eagles could still also qualify in their first ever World Cup match against an Asian team — if it were to rack up a good win over South Korea and Argentina beat Greece.

Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback said: “The positive thing is that we still have a chance of qualifying, although we need a helping hand from Argentina. We need a fresh start, and we’ll do that by beating Korea Republic.”

But captain Joseph Yobo was downbeat about Nigeria’s chances of qualifying.

“We’ve lost both matches and it looks like we won’t make it to the next round, even if we win our last game. We’re basically out of the tournament.”

Nigeria’s defeat continues a miserable run for the Super Eagles in which they have gone seven games without a win at World Cup finals — including six defeats — since their last victory in France 1998.

South Korea, who are unbeaten against Nigeria — winning twice and drawing once, will be captained and led from the front by Manchester United’s Park Ji-Sung.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=1418



This article is NOT TRUE.
A Captain would never say those Words.
User avatar
mcal
Posts: 51311
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by mcal »

bret- hart wrote:
mcal wrote:....like say truth hurt sooooooooooo bad :sad:



ma friend sharrrap. ur captain should be an inspirational figure something Yobo has no clue abt
....and yet u keep putting him on the field, numerous dreamland line ups here always show YOBO so the bobo has every right vent...in Nigeria oga means oga go ask the theives.
Last edited by mcal on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anaedo1
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: united states of america

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by anaedo1 »

Edited by CMS
TOWER OF STRENGTH wrote:STOP THE ROT!!! DON'T LET THIS guy BE NIGERIA'S MOST CAPPED PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!


The man is being sincere albeit in the same breathe revealing his inner fears and bankrupt emotional fortitude.He is the leader on the pitch and must make his confidence rub off on other players.
What his statement implies is that Lagerback has failed woefully in instilling a sense of steely determination,never say die attitude and positive self confidence in his wards.
Incidentally,why was it that none of all the pious ever discovered psycho-analysis?Why did it have to wait for a completely godless Jew?
Sigmund Freud
User avatar
bret- hart
Posts: 25537
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by bret- hart »

mcal wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
mcal wrote:....like say truth hurt sooooooooooo bad :sad:



ma friend sharrrap. ur captain should be an inspirational figure something Yobo has no clue abt
....and yet u keep putting him on the field, numerous dreamland line ups here always show YOBO so the bobo has every right vent...in Nigeria oga means oga go ask the theives.



left to me i would never invite Yobo again...and where did i include him in my team? yeye :roll:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!
smartbrother
Posts: 16783
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by smartbrother »

Edited by CMS
TOWER OF STRENGTH wrote:STOP THE ROT!!! DON'T LET THIS guy BE NIGERIA'S MOST CAPPED PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!


o boy which one be *kindperson*? I agree Yobo is the weak link in the team and the sooner we bench him the better but lets calm down a bit
User avatar
CMS
Posts: 23431
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:57 am
Location: Calif., USA

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by CMS »

Now you understand why I criticize the man sometimes.

Player wrote:Very nice coming from the captain.... :boo:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
niyi
Posts: 9548
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by niyi »

It's very insincere to use someone's quote out of context. This quote by Yobo was right after the match before the calculations when most of the players thought we were out of the competition.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
User avatar
CMS
Posts: 23431
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:57 am
Location: Calif., USA

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by CMS »

How can we calculate as such. Argentina played before us. We knew the results before our game. Its not difficult to per-mutate.

niyi wrote:It's very insincere to use someone's quote out of context. This quote by Yobo was right after the match before the calculations when most of the players thought we were out of the competition.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
niyi
Posts: 9548
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by niyi »

The players are not mathematicians. LOL. You saw the way some of them cried after the game, many thought we were out.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
User avatar
CMS
Posts: 23431
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:57 am
Location: Calif., USA

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by CMS »

Yeah I saw them..I was like.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF? No wonder people say they have low IQ.

niyi wrote:The players are not mathematicians. LOL. You saw the way some of them cried after the game, many thought we were out.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
Tunde84
Posts: 3732
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:04 am

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by Tunde84 »

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :veryangry:
yaya

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by yaya »

CMS wrote:Yeah I saw them..I was like.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF? No wonder people say they have low IQ.

niyi wrote:The players are not mathematicians. LOL. You saw the way some of them cried after the game, many thought we were out.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i couldnt believe my eyes.
User avatar
Altobelli
Posts: 10865
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: The Buckeye State

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by Altobelli »

Disappointing comments from Yobo. It's not going to be easy Nigeria on Tuesday at all.
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
yaya

Re: ''We are basically out of the tournament'' - JOSEPH YOBO

Post by yaya »

Yobo is Yobo. An average footballer with less than average intelligence. There is a reason he is being benched by crap like Jagielka and Distin.
Post Reply