Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:54 pm 

why the super eagles dont bring that attitude to ALL of their games.... seriously its not today that we failed... we balled and were unfortunate... if we played like this ALL the time, we would have nothing to fear....

that is the thing that is paining me... if we had played ball like that against greece, or even argentina things would be completely different now... sigh
:atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc:

.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:05 pm 

osa wrote:
why the super eagles dont bring that attitude to ALL of their games.... seriously its not today that we failed... we balled and were unfortunate... if we played like this ALL the time, we would have nothing to fear....

that is the thing that is paining me... if we had played ball like that against greece, or even argentina things would be completely different now... sigh
:atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc:

Try offering them $30k every match and see if they won't bring it every time. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 pm 

Today was desperation. Don't confuse that with mastery of an attacking game. Many teams have stepped it up when it has come down to the wire, being too little and too late.

With this group of players, a more pressing game was out of the question, at least against opponents like Argentina. The counter-attack approach was absolutely correct, but the finishing let Nigeria down. We all saw what happened today with the finishing, never mind the harder opportunities against Argentina and Greece.

In summary, this team wasn't prepared nor talented enough to have attempted a hard pressing game against Argentina. Had you done that, we might have seen something similar to what Argentina did against South Korea. I have yet to see an offense as potent as Argentina's in this World Cup.

Cheers, Mate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:17 pm 

last group games are always like dis if there is a tiny bit of hope n as usual we tried but not enuff

life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm 

Saving face! Nigeria were the quintessential Nigerians and quite rightly, are going home.

Ngo bebe, bring Malt bring Fanta. Your boys are coming home!