Osaze: Amodu Eagles were predictable

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gmoni
Egg
Egg
Osaze: Amodu Eagles were predictable

Post by gmoni »

Posted: 2010-05-25 07:25

Osaze Odemwingie says Nigeria became too predictable under former coach Shuaibu Amodu and Lars Lagerback has already created a buzz around the squad.

Osaze, 29, was one of the more outspoken critics of Amodu's regime but he told KickOffNigeria.com that he did so without malice.

"For the past two years, with Amodu, we've been easy to predict. We have to have more variety in our tactics and our attack.

"There's not much negative or bad about his coaching. It's just that its not enough if we are aspiring to go up there. It's the difference between good, and better."

After four training sessions with Lagerback, Odemwingie says things are already looking up, with the Swede instilling a fear no foe confidence in his new team.

"He doesn't look like someone who doubts his own quality and I think he can bring a result that Nigerians expect. I see him relaxed, as someone with a plan, who took this job after watching our games and knowing that he can do better than where we were.

"From the first training, he is looking at attacking football. He is looking at a passing game. He is looking at the penetrating pass, a pass that creates danger, less square passes and more forward passes. He keeps reminding us that we have to play beautiful football and that results are also very important.

"At the same time, you can see that he doesn't want to play a game where Nigeria is scared of the opponent, any opponent."

Odemwingie says already the atmosphere in camp is different.

"You could feel it. You cannot deny it. Like our people say, oyibo na oyibo. There is a touch they add to Africans when they bring their ideas, their calculations, their tactics, their organisation, their way of being more effective on the field. That is going to be added for sure.

"The training so far has been good, the build-up and the movement. I think Lagerback is the best choice Nigeria made."

More importantly, the forward says Nigeria have to return to their attacking traditions.

"We need to be more ourselves. I think that is what we were denied these past few years. We were not playing like Nigeria. We were more defensive minded. That is why we didnt score so much goals lately, and that is also why we have been struggling even with the average African teams.

"But we could also understand that choice of tactics because it looks like there was a little bit of lack of confidence in our defence line.

"A few times we conceded silly goals, but at the same time, we needed the result and changes had to be done.

"We hope now that things will be better."

On his first day at work with his squad, Lagerback showed the players individual videos and Osaze said it came as a bit of a surprise.

"I was surprised because we never had that before in our coaching.

"That's another little thing. Those little things make a difference. Europe has gone far. I am not here to criticise our situation. Its just that right now we have to admit that we are still a little bit behind. In our clubs we see that those things are important. Here, he showed us a few highlights, pointed out some things and everybody is commending it."

He is under no illusions though, as to how much work remains to be done, but says there is a positive feeling about.

"We have a lot of work to do. The whole team have been commending the training sessions, and we hope to continue for the remaining days.

"We are getting a positive feeling now about ourselves, because it is in the hands of the coach how he motivates his team."

Ultimately though, he says it will be up to the players to do the business on the pitch.

"We have to believe in ourselves, and in what we can do and go out there on the pitch and show it for the love our country. There are a lot of people who just want a chance to play and that means that if you are lucky enough to be selected, you have to give your best at all times."

Colin Udoh
chilling!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osaze: Amodu Eagles were predictable

Post by Undertaker »

Houseboys will kill themselves when they see this article! Osaze has sold out thier clueless boss parading as a coach! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

On his first day at work with his squad, Lagerback showed the players individual videos and Osaze said it came as a bit of a surprise.

"I was surprised because we never had that before in our coaching.

"That's another little thing. Those little things make a difference. Europe has gone far. I am not here to criticise our situation. Its just that right now we have to admit that we are still a little bit behind. In our clubs we see that those things are important. Here, he showed us a few highlights, pointed out some things and everybody is commending it."

this is what dcf1 has been yarnin about...no surprise Osaze agrees ....Amodu houseboys disagree
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

goke313 wrote:Image
SHOTS FIREDDDDDD :twisted:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You don kolo finish
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Osaze please say no more. You make too much sense.

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Lagerback wants high tempo

Posted: 2010-05-25 07:44

Nigeria's Super Eagles have been directed to play a high tempo game under Lars Lagerback, starting from Tuesday's international friendly against Saudi Arabia.

From his very first training session, the Swede has emphasised the virtues of quick movement and finding the penetrating pass behind the defence.

"From the first training, he is looking at attacking football. He is looking at a passing game. He is looking at a penetrating pass, a pass that creates danger, less square passes and more forward passes. He keeps reminding us that we have to play beautiful football and that results are also very important," forward Osaze Odemwingie told KickOffNigeria.com.

Monday's training session in Austria emphasised the point, with Lagerback pushing the players to move the ball quicker and to find the forward pass to release the strikers.

Joseph Yobo and Danny Shittu, who played the centre back pairing, were encouraged to play the ball out of defence.

Lobi Stars defender Terna Suswan was played at right back and asked to bomb forward at every opportunity.

But Lagerback is still keeping his cards closely guarded, only promising that every player will get an opportunity to turn out before the North Korea game.

"We have two games to play and every player will get a chance to play."

Colin Udoh
http://www.kickoff.com/news/15620/lager ... -tempo.php
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Osaze don make himself enemy #1 with Amodu cult members. Watch out as they look for any and every excuse to attack him.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Kai!. I think it is unfair for Osaze to rubbish Amodu.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

They already did in Angola. So what's new? I admire the guy for speaking the truth. Some of us however are still in denial.
Orion wrote:Osaze don make himself enemy #1 with Amodu cult members. Watch out as they look for any and every excuse to attack him.

gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

This is deep!!!!
chilling!
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Enough of this talk. Action pls.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

run for cover,this article will kill...
chilling!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

'Oyibo na oyibo'. This is what this stupid fool opened his mouth and told a journalist. His problem with Amodu was not tactics, it was his skin color. He is a FOOL.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
yaya

Post by yaya »

muzines wrote:'Oyibo na oyibo'. This is what this stupid fool opened his mouth and told a journalist. His problem with Amodu was not tactics, it was his skin color. He is a FOOL.
I was a bit embarrassed to read that from my fellow bini boy.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: especially one who has 1 black parent and 1 white parent.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

a pass that creates danger, less square passes and more forward passes.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

yaya wrote:
muzines wrote:'Oyibo na oyibo'. This is what this stupid fool opened his mouth and told a journalist. His problem with Amodu was not tactics, it was his skin color. He is a FOOL.
I was a bit embarrassed to read that from my fellow bini boy.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: especially one who has 1 black parent and 1 white parent.
Well from the above responses, you can ttell those who are really comfortable with 2nd class citizenship :(
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

That said, let me go ahead and breakdown what was said. As recent history suggests a lot of my fellow forumers have a hard time comprehending. :D
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

God punish Osaze for that statement!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: I can understand that every coach has their own way of playing abi? Who the hell does he think he is to tell us who is superior? Why Bash his country man to worship Oyinbo? That is why Osaze can and will never be a SE full time captain. He is not tact with his words. Didnt Amodu qualify Nigeria to the World Cup? Amodu must have done something right. The same bloody angel* Osaze picked up a fight with Siasia. Why does he like disrespecting Local coaches. Nonsense and ingredients :curse: :curse: :curse: :mad: :mad: :mad: He cannot even retain possession for his team sef. Always loosing the ball. angel*!!! Oloshi. I hate it when players disrespect our own local coaches. Freaking swegbe :curse: :curse: :curse:

Btw, WTF does he mean by "Oyinbo na Oyinbo"? It doesn't bloody make any freaking sense :curse: :curse: :curse:

After the World cup, Osaze's services will no longer be needed. Now, I really hate this guy. :curse: :curse: :curse: We dont need this self hating guy in our team. At least Amodu is gone. Why bring him up again in the conversation?
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Hey dummy, is that the only thing you saw in the whole article?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
I hope JMO can adapt! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!