Muntari "We want to reach far"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

munie
Egg
Egg
Muntari "We want to reach far"

Post by munie »

With a second round place now secured, Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari is confident that the Black Stars can reach far at the World Cup in South Africa.

Ghana, once again remain the only African side through to the round of 16 as they did in 2006, this time the despite a 1-0 loss to Germany on Wednesday in the final Group D clash.

Muntari, a veteran of the 2006 team who was a second half substitute against the Germans says Ghana wants to win every game now.

“We want to prolong our stay here,” Muntari said. “We want to win every game. We want to reach far.”

“This tournament did not start so well for Africa but let us hope it finishes better,”

“This one is being hosted by an African country. And also remember that most of the boys in this current team were not there four years ago and they are getting a feel of it for the first time here. I’m very happy for them.”

Qualification from Group D means the Black Stars have matched the performance of 2006 as they now hope to go one better.

“We want to do it for Africa. We want to break records,” the Ghanaian player said.

A meeting against Group C winners, the United States in the second round is Ghana's next challenge and Muntari admits it will be tough encounter at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg on Saturday. Ghana beat the US in Germany in 2006.

“They are a very good side,” Muntari said. “It’s not going to be easy. We have to work extra hard to beat them.”

http://ghanafa.org/blackstars/201006/4843.php
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Muntari "We want to reach far"

Post by 1naija »

I thought they said he was kicked out of the team?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I guess not every Ghanaian is like TFCO

We want to reach far?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
munie
Egg
Egg

Post by munie »

tbite wrote:I guess not every Ghanaian is like TFCO

We want to reach far?
Quotation marks???? :shock:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

munie wrote:

We want to reach far?
I wasn't talking about you.

Muntari isn't Ghanaian?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
munie
Egg
Egg

Post by munie »

1naija wrote:I thought they said he was kicked out of the team?
He played against Germany. He is a good player but fit well in Milo's current game plan. :sad:
munie
Egg
Egg

Post by munie »

tbite wrote:
munie wrote:

We want to reach far?
I wasn't talking about you.

Muntari isn't Ghanaian?
Actually, there is nothing wrong with that.