Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:31 pm 

Told the US they need to really assess the quality of their players. They are the only country that have the pyramid upside down. Their players get into soccer for college scholarship instead of having a view to play professional footy. He said for them to be successful they need to treat it like basketball and engage the communities of the poor and working class. He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.

Let Buhari probe EVERYONE and stop trying to probe only one section of the country, all appointment are northern and he wants to go after one section of the country and you expect people with eyes to sit back and watch.

2 hours later....
Mr. Piffington wrote:
To be fair to Mr. Buhari, he hasn't really formed his government yet so let's see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:34 pm 

He was spot on! Grass root is the way to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

And Lalas needs to show more respect to Ghana. He keeps saying 'this is Ghana', like Ghana have no pedigree on world stage. People like Lalas do not fail to show their ignorance about global footie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:38 pm 

YUJAM wrote:
And Lalas needs to show more respect to Ghana. He keeps saying 'this is Ghana', like Ghana have no pedigree on world stage. People like Lalas do not fail to show their ignorance about global footie

Well Ghana have beaten the yanks in two world cups in a row so what is he saying?

Lalas is a prick...and i'm happy the US were eliminated by an African team

YUJAM wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yujam, thought we all agreed that everytime Alexi talks, we, collectively, press the mute button on our tvs....U nor see say, over the last week, there has been less and less complaints about Alexi?

YUJAM wrote:

He is right in saying that Ghana is not Brazil or Germany. No disrespect in that. Trouble is that he seems to believe the US is up to Ghana's level. Not quite true.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 pm 

Klinsman has been talking straight. After the Ghana/Germany game he said he thot Ghana played better but just could find a way to convert their chances....hinting that the USA was in for a dog fight.
I'll bet the panelists and viewers thot he was nuts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm 

You are right Yujam. That Lalas guy needs to be banned from TV. He was left speechless after Jurgens coments.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:41 pm 

USA almost hired Klisman 1 year that might happen now. He lives in US

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:42 pm 

YUJAM wrote:

Saw that too! That guy is full of himself, and doesn't know what he is talking about. "This is Ghana" indeed. Well his team is going back home!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:45 pm 

Eegil wrote:
Klinsman has been talking straight. After the Ghana/Germany game he said he thot Ghana played better but just could find a way to convert their chances....hinting that the USA was in for a dog fight.
I'll bet the panelists and viewers thot he was nuts.

I have been saying the same thing about Ghana since their 1st game. Ghana is a very, very difficult team to beat, regardless of the opponent. However, because of a lack of scoring, Ghana also makes it difficult for itself to beat inferior opponents.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Ghana must emphasize possession and opportunistically go for goal, conserving strength for end game surges. I don't think Ghana can realistically expect to score 2 goals against top opposition. But it is more than realistic for Ghana to keep out anybody from scoring.

Again, if Ghana had just 1 real forward, they would be a serious threat to win the WC. And even like this, you never know. At this point, Ghana can dream the impossible dream.

Cheers, Mate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:45 pm 

cybersoccerfan wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

Saw that too! That guy is full of himself, and doesn't know what he is talking about. "This is Ghana" indeed. Well his team is going back home!

But we said the same thing when we lost to Ghana at the ANC. We said 'this is Ghana U20' :taunt: :taunt:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 pm 

ugly boy wrote:
Told the US they need to really assess the quality of their players. They are the only country that have the pyramid upside down. Their players get into soccer for college scholarship instead of having a view to play professional footy. He said for them to be successful they need to treat it like basketball and engage the communities of the poor and working class. He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.

I said essentially the same stuff in the past and got slated!!! ABA coming into the NBA bringing that style of the African-American player helped make it global, the MLB having deep connections with farm leagues in the Hispanic community keeps that sport at a high level.
The lalases are nothing but BS peddlers(do mute when those sorts hit your TV), the Yanks need to make the sport more accessible outside of that soccer-mum domain!!

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:47 pm 

wanaj0 wrote:
cybersoccerfan wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

But we said the same thing when we lost to Ghana at the ANC. We said 'this is Ghana U20' :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf:
Naija fans are so humble.

“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=36099

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:48 pm 

Klinsman also said ... USA doesn't have players with a quality first touch ... Why didn't he say the same thing about England? England doesn't have a single player, whose first touch is decent.
When you rely on players like Lampard, Gerard, Barry to be your play maker ... and Defoe??? Rooney???

At this stage, if you don't have the basics of soccer (first touch) you have no chance. USA found out, England found out.
Bepanda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:51 pm 

ugly boy wrote:
He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.

That's exactly what they DO NOT want to do, even though they should.

%$#@^& moron.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:52 pm 

YUJAM wrote:

Lalas is an angel*, no wonder as a GM at la galaxy he was fired for bad decisions.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:54 pm 

Who is THEY?
Can you be more precise? The Government? The Soccer Federation? The Local Communities? America is very complex, when it comes to $$$
A country, that doesn't even want to spend money ... on their people's healthcare ...
Bepanda
phantomjournalist wrote:
ugly boy wrote:
He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:55 pm 

ugly boy wrote:

more like African-Americans (many I know were not sad Ghana won yesterday, they appreciate skill in whatever form).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:56 pm 

phantomjournalist wrote:
ugly boy wrote:

They need to promote the sport in AA, Africans and Caribean American communities. The average African American male views football as a "white man sport" and it does not help that most of the good start up programs are based in the suburbs.

“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=36099

Last edited by GIN on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:57 pm 

USFA should stop cuddling-up to the EPL and should want to be more like the J-League (and the skillful players) that have come through the Japanese system. Very impressed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm 

phantomjournalist wrote:
ugly boy wrote:

trust me...if US field a majority Hispanic team there's no way the nation will collectively support it if they loose....if they win we're the new France