Klinsman just kept it real on USA (ESPN)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Klinsman just kept it real on USA (ESPN)

Post by goke313 »

nanijoe wrote:Are you serious? Does the USA basketball team not get support at the Olympics?
goke313 wrote:
ugly boy wrote:Real question, If the entire US soccer national team was full of Blacks and Hispanics will it get the same support from the same demographics who supported today's US team at the world cup?
honestly no....

interested in hearing some responses Image
support...yes
same support...no
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

So who do you think got more support..the USA basketball team to the Olympics or the Soccer team to the World Cup?
goke313 wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Are you serious? Does the USA basketball team not get support at the Olympics?
goke313 wrote:
ugly boy wrote:Real question, If the entire US soccer national team was full of Blacks and Hispanics will it get the same support from the same demographics who supported today's US team at the world cup?
honestly no....

support...yes
same support...no
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

jette1 wrote:Them players are already in the pipeline but they still cannot compeat globally, because soccer is a street sports, academies cannot teach improvisations and the collective unconscious thuggery that the developing nations bring
You couldn't be more right. Even European nations are shooting themselves in the foot with so called academy football. The best players are indeed arrogant, cunning, and confident thugs. You don't learn that being nicely told how to shoot, trap, and position while a smiling fool of a coach draws Xs and Os on a white board...with mom smiling in the background.

Players learn best on beaches, parks, and streets, complementing this with some league competition.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

goke313 wrote:US reaction to the loss
http://twitpic.com/20havd
We knew that was coming, didn't we?

They need to quit whining about how "stupid" the sport is. If they don't like it then they shouldn't participate. I'm sure the "sport" will do just fine with out without the US.
Last edited by Mr. Piffington on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

nanijoe wrote:So who do you think got more support..the USA basketball team to the Olympics or the Soccer team to the World Cup?
goke313 wrote:
goke313 wrote:
honestly no....

support...yes
same support...no
US Soccer team....based on media coverage and 'water cooler talk'
spurs
Egg
Egg

Post by spurs »

cybersoccerfan wrote:
YUJAM wrote:And Lalas needs to show more respect to Ghana. He keeps saying 'this is Ghana', like Ghana have no pedigree on world stage. People like Lalas do not fail to show their ignorance about global footie
Saw that too! That guy is full of himself, and doesn't know what he is talking about. "This is Ghana" indeed. Well his team is going back home!

This is Ghana. Yes, well anyone that knows anything about world football knows that you don't play with Ghana. They are a good side. Its like saying oh this is Egypt. Well you do it at your peril. Lalas and the others think Ghana is Guyana, they don't know who they even played. On paper the Ghanian team is more talented. It has more players at big clubs in Europe and has won more titles than the Americans. Even if Ghana plays Australia, Slovenia, Belguim, Norway, Bulgeria, and Romania, I really expect them to win. As I expect Nigeria to win those games as well. Lalas and co think African teams are like West Indian teams like Jamaica. They don't know they are behind us and the victory was not an upset.

It wasn't an upset Lalas.... to the people who know Ghana was supposed to win.

So much for scouting and knowing your enemy.
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Olympic Basketball.
Olympic and Professional Boxing.
Track and Field.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

maddock wrote:
GIN wrote:@Maddock, Humility is not in our vocab.
The question now is, who is going to keep it REAL ON NIGERIA? :sneaky:
I don't think I was being arrogant. I am just pointing out that people who do the same thing as Lalas should not be pointing fingers.

@ ogasir stfu yo damn self. Mugu.
Well Maddog. I have noticed a pattern in your posts. You always seem to portray Nigeria as the aggressor and Ghana as the victim, you are not fooling anyone. Everything you accuse Nigeria of, Ghana is equally guilty of.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

YUJAM wrote:And Lalas needs to show more respect to Ghana. He keeps saying 'this is Ghana', like Ghana have no pedigree on world stage. People like Lalas do not fail to show their ignorance about global footie

It was indeed on of the stupidest things said and i was surprised Kinsman chimed in support for that sentiment.. They convienently forget all of Ghanas laurels in junior football and the african championships and even the olympics not to talk of all the quality players over the years. I guess they are just begining to see Ghana becuase they have only played 2 senior world cups....

BTW, klinsan is the only one that makes any sence on that panel... lalas is just annoying, the other English guys views is too English centric....
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

I like Klinsmann. He came across as a level headed person with deep knowledge not only of the game but of the way things need to be run.
He oozes confidence and wisdom. Quite a difference from a petulant and 'juvenile' Lalas.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

I would not mind Klinsmann coaching our SE...but i doubt he'll accept such a job
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

YES...only if they're winninig. The U.S. likes to associate themselves with winners.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ugly boy wrote:Told the US they need to really assess the quality of their players. They are the only country that have the pyramid upside down. Their players get into soccer for college scholarship instead of having a view to play professional footy. He said for them to be successful they need to treat it like basketball and engage the communities of the poor and working class. He also said they need to try things like engaging the Hispanic community in the US.
...black Americans will never embrace soccer, to them "it does not pay as much as basketball, football, or baseball" that is the arguement i have heard most times apart from "it's a boring game" shiit excuse.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

KwameBob wrote:I like Klinsmann. He came across as a level headed person with deep knowledge not only of the game but of the way things need to be run.
He oozes confidence and wisdom. Quite a difference from a petulant and 'juvenile' Lalas.
...he have to, he's employed by an American tv station and he lives in America. It's called being diplomatic while getting ur paycheck.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mate wrote:
jette1 wrote:Them players are already in the pipeline but they still cannot compeat globally, because soccer is a street sports, academies cannot teach improvisations and the collective unconscious thuggery that the developing nations bring
You couldn't be more right. Even European nations are shooting themselves in the foot with so called academy football. The best players are indeed arrogant, cunning, and confident thugs. You don't learn that being nicely told how to shoot, trap, and position while a smiling fool of a coach draws Xs and Os on a white board...with mom smiling in the background.

Players learn best on beaches, parks, and streets, complementing this with some league competition.

Cheers, Mate
...i don't think professional sports approach in the USA will ever change from the current process of high school college to pro, the rest of the world can do how the wish the yanks will continue their way, it has worked in other sports and will work for soccer. Remember, this step is taken to give and encourage kids to stay in school.
maddock
Egg
Egg

Post by maddock »

ogasir wrote:
maddock wrote:
GIN wrote:@Maddock, Humility is not in our vocab.
The question now is, who is going to keep it REAL ON NIGERIA? :sneaky:
I don't think I was being arrogant. I am just pointing out that people who do the same thing as Lalas should not be pointing fingers.

@ ogasir stfu yo damn self. Mugu.
Well Maddog. I have noticed a pattern in your posts. You always seem to portray Nigeria as the aggressor and Ghana as the victim, you are not fooling anyone. Everything you accuse Nigeria of, Ghana is equally guilty of.
I also noticed a pattern of slowness in your understanding ablity when you start making assumptions. Where did I refer specifically to Nigeria? Did I not say CE and are CE not made up of different nationalities as opposed to only Nigerians. Man shut up if it is above your level.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

You dey mind peeps..and some were aying england to the semis?? i beg whosai..make we hia...I am stilll waiting to be inpressed.
bepanda wrote:Klinsman also said ... USA doesn't have players with a quality first touch ... Why didn't he say the same thing about England? England doesn't have a single player, whose first touch is decent.
When you rely on players like Lampard, Gerard, Barry to be your play maker ... and Defoe??? Rooney???

At this stage, if you don't have the basics of soccer (first touch) you have no chance. USA found out, England found out.
Bepanda
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

US is Ghana's wifey :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: