It is time to infuse the young players into the team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
It is time to infuse the young players into the team

Post by ohenhen1 »

Our bredas are doing exactly what i have saying we must do for years now. They have a young nucleus, they are professional, and they play and fight as a unit. In contract we have a lot of old men, playing seniority in the Eagles. I know we have a huge rivalry with our neighbours, i too will enjoy the moment we beat up on them. But i must commend them and give credit where it is due. The Ghanaians are doing AFrica proud, and i will always support them, untill the day they meet us in a game. I know that feeling is not mutual, but i really don't care. I will always respect teams or organization that are professional and do things the right way. We must emulate the likes of Holland, Germany and Ghana. The infussion of exemptional young players with a little of veteran leadership, usefull veteran leadership. We must revamp the team and bring in the young players.

I know there will conflicting views, but this are players i consider good enough for the team right now, which can change with players steppng up their games, may the best player represent Nigeria.

GK Enyeama, Ejide, Ayineugba

RB- Odiah, Terna, Adebayo, ifeghawa, Muhammed
LB- Taiwo, Echijelle, Chibuzor Okonkwo
CD- Adeleye, Apam, Odibe, Thankgod ike,Ambrose EFe, Sam Sodjie, Chukwudi Samuel
MF- Mikel Obi, Solomon Okpako, Oboira Nwnkwo, Ramon Azeez, Rabiu Ibrahim, Haruna Lukman, Ibeanugbu, Stanley Okoro, King Osanga, Uche Kalu, Ahmed Musa, Nsofor

F-Martins, Uche Ike, Obasi, ,Anichebe, Ighalo, Chrisantus, Ideye Brown, Peter Utaka
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oshodi
Egg
Egg
Re: It is time to infuse the young players into the team

Post by oshodi »

ohenhen1 wrote:Our bredas are doing exactly what i have saying we must do for years now. They have a young nucleus, they are professional, and they play and fight as a unit. In contract we have a lot of old men, playing seniority in the Eagles. I know we have a huge rivalry with our neighbours, i too will enjoy the moment we beat up on them. But i must commend them and give credit where it is due. The Ghanaians are doing AFrica proud, and i will always support them, untill the day they meet us in a game. I know that feeling is not mutual, but i really don't care. I will always respect teams or organization that are professional and do things the right way. We must emulate the likes of Holland, Germany and Ghana. The infussion of exemptional young players with a little of veteran leadership, usefull veteran leadership. We must revamp the team and bring in the young players.

I know there will conflicting views, but this are players i consider good enough for the team right now, which can change with players steppng up their games, may the best player represent Nigeria.

MF- Mikel Obi, Solomon Okpako, Oboira Nwnkwo, Ramon Azeez, Rabiu Ibrahim, Haruna Lukman, Ibeanugbu, Stanley Okoro, King Osanga, Uche Kalu, Ahmed Musa, Nsofor

F-Martins, Uche Ike, Obasi, ,Anichebe, Ighalo, Chrisantus, Ideye Brown, Peter Utaka
well said bro

THE FACT THAT AFRICANS ARE PROVING THEMSELVES IN THE BUSINESS COMMUNITIES ABROAD BUT CANNOT FOR SOME REASON IMPLIMENT THE SAME STRATEGIES BACK HOME DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

But Ghana youngsters won the U-20 WC,Germany's won the Euro U-21.Nigeria ould only beat Tahiti.Don't forget most of th Ghanaian youngsters,Andre Ayew,Inkoom etc are playing regularly for their clubs.Should we just intergrate younger players because they are young and disregard regular playin time or should we base our call ups on the talent of the individual?
Last edited by Zelex on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

young blood ke, Kanu say him nor retire again..
chilling!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Zelex wrote:But Ghana youngsters won the U-20 WC,Germany's won the Euro U-21.Nigeria ould only beat Tahiti.Don't forget most of th Ghanaian youngsters,Andre Ayew,Inkoom etc are playing regularly for their clubs.Should we just intergrate younger players because they are young and disregard regular playin time or should we base our call ups on the talent of the individual?
I just don't get this ohenhen type reasoning o! 'Well Ghana is using young players.....ummm so we should use young players'...makes sense if our situation is anything similar to Ghana's...which it isn't! Rabiu for instance hasn't even played against adults, half of these guys he's mentioning are playing for youth teams, how can you be ready for International action when you've never played senior ball at club level?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:Our bredas are doing exactly what i have saying we must do for years now. They have a young nucleus, they are professional, and they play and fight as a unit. In contract we have a lot of old men, playing seniority in the Eagles. I know we have a huge rivalry with our neighbours, i too will enjoy the moment we beat up on them. But i must commend them and give credit where it is due. The Ghanaians are doing AFrica proud, and i will always support them, untill the day they meet us in a game. I know that feeling is not mutual, but i really don't care. I will always respect teams or organization that are professional and do things the right way. We must emulate the likes of Holland, Germany and Ghana. The infussion of exemptional young players with a little of veteran leadership, usefull veteran leadership. We must revamp the team and bring in the young players.

You forgot Joel Obi, he is the most talented midfielder Nigeria has now. Should make inter senior team next season with obiora.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote:
Zelex wrote:But Ghana youngsters won the U-20 WC,Germany's won the Euro U-21.Nigeria ould only beat Tahiti.Don't forget most of th Ghanaian youngsters,Andre Ayew,Inkoom etc are playing regularly for their clubs.Should we just intergrate younger players because they are young and disregard regular playin time or should we base our call ups on the talent of the individual?
I just don't get this ohenhen type reasoning o! 'Well Ghana is using young players.....ummm so we should use young players'...makes sense if our situation is anything similar to Ghana's...which it isn't! Rabiu for instance hasn't even played against adults, half of these guys he's mentioning are playing for youth teams, how can you be ready for International action when you've never played senior ball at club level?

The likes of Rammon Azeez, Solomon Okpako, Oboira Nwankwo, Stanley okoro, King Osanga, Ahmed Musa are good players and deserve a shot in the national team. The old players have failed us repeatly, why not give the young promising players a chance to play for the senior team.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

osita wrote:

You forgot Joel Obi, he is the most talented midfielder Nigeria has now. Should make inter senior team next season with obiora.

I have yet to see a game of his that will justify the hype on this forum. But he is a young player one to keep an eye on.

kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Only one single player younger than 25 is starting for Holland and it is their worst player van der Wiel.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kofi86 wrote:

Only one single player younger than 25 is starting for Holland and it is their worst player van der Wiel.

But after failing to make the WC in 2002, the dutch went with the youth movement, now the players are coming of age.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tunde84
Egg
Egg

Post by Tunde84 »

If you play young guys you have to be willing to lose for a little bit... Are we emotionally stable enough for that or, will we fire the coach when he loses 1 game :boo:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tunde84 wrote:If you play young guys you have to be willing to lose for a little bit... Are we emotionally stable enough for that or, will we fire the coach when he loses 1 game :boo:

You don't have to lose , you can still win with young players, you just have to find the right balance of young players and old players.

osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:

I have yet to see a game of his that will justify the hype on this forum. But he is a young player one to keep an eye on.

That is why you called it a hype because you have not seen him play. A lot of SE fans have seen him at inter's pre-season matches at US and i have seen some of his clips againsts AC-milan in the primevera (u19) league at italy where they won 4-1. And he paired with obiora and some other player in midfield. Joel was more purposefull and aggressive in that match and he scored the best goal from about 20yards.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:

That is why you called it a hype because you have not seen him play. A lot of SE fans have seen him at inter's pre-season matches at US and i have seen some of his clips againsts AC-milan in the primevera (u19) league at italy where they won 4-1. And he paired with obiora and some other player in midfield. Joel was more purposefull and aggressive in that match and he scored the best goal from about 20yards.

Are yout takling about the pre-season match where he was sent off due to a bad tackle, i don't about you but i was not impressed, but still a young player, will not right him off just yet, but spare us the hype for now.

osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

kai... the way you guys are spaking ohenhen on this thread is brutal...

ohenhen makes a point... someone shows ohenhen why ohenhen's point is stupid

repeat!

LMFAO!

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

osa wrote:kai... the way you guys are spaking ohenhen on this thread is brutal...

ohenhen makes a point... someone shows ohenhen why ohenhen's point is stupid

repeat!

LMFAO!
Ohenhen means well,he is just tired of the so called footballers we parade. :)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

The likes of Rammon Azeez, Solomon Okpako, Oboira Nwankwo, Stanley okoro, King Osanga, Ahmed Musa are good players and deserve a shot in the national team. The old players have failed us repeatly, why not give the young promising players a chance to play for the senior team.
Because that could be even more deadly, you could stunt or halt their growth by thrusting them into a level where they are not mentally nor physically ready to compete at! You don't do things like this, there has to be a progression which readies these players for the national team and this progression must be achieved at their club teams. They need to leave these youth teams and find loan or permanent moves in order to get club action and ready themselves for the step up. I mean even Haruna with a season under his belt was still not ready and was getting bullied around all World Cup, imagine the tiny Rabiu that hasn't even played against men before! Kai!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

osita wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
osita wrote:

To be honest it also sounds like you haven't seen enough to make such a judgement. He did NOT look good in those pre-season friendlies in the US, in fact it was almost a nightmare situation for him as he basically proved to Mourihno that he wasn't ready for the step up, thereby spending the season in the primavera and Mourihno went and bought another CM (Mariga).
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Stanley Okoro and Ahmed Musa are probably the only guys i might call up.They are playing regular footy for their clubs :idea: