Can we make this a friendly forum

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Can we make this a friendly forum

Post by Lolly »

I have been reading a lot of the posts on this new site and there seems to be a lot of bad feelings going on. Can't we try and discuss football matters peacefully. This place feels like a war zone. Too many bullets flying about. Lets discuss football with love and enjoy the forum.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Lolly,

Welcome and pls tell them to keep it strictly football.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Larry,

All I want to talk about is football. Well done for the new look forum. In addition, lets have some rules here.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Define friendly :P
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lolly, you must be new here. There is too much bad blood around for this place to be the ocean of tranquility you are hoping for.

As long as is it not personal and is based on issues, I see nothing wrong with it. How for instance do you bridge the gulf between pro-ICs and pro-FCs? People have different opinions and express them strongly.

It makes the site more robust, dynamic and lively. It also provides for open debate, proper scrutiny of opinions expressed and provides Nigeria with an example of how open debate should be held.

I love my exchanges with the likes of Gotti, even though we never disagree. The only thing I have a problem is with when people like Omey2K, Cyber Saint, Ezesports, Rogba, Muzines, Cota and Outside the Lines have no response to questions posed to them, they resort to personal, immature, crude and vile attacks.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

We should be friendly and have a sense of humor.

:D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

AYO HAS SPOKEN. HE'S THE UNITING FORCE OF THIS SITE. :D :D

jOKES ASIDE, SOME PEOPLE JUST CANNOT DISAGREE WITHOUT BEING RUDE ABOUT IT.

BUT I CAN. AS LONG AS EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME :D :D
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Pa Jimoh, Merry Christmas to you too! On a serious note, nine times out of ten, when people get abusive, it is because they have lost the argument. One amazing feature of this forum is that a lot of people get involved in arguments when they do not have the full facts.

When you then hit them with reality and tell them that all they have been reading in the media is crap, they cannot take it. Such dismembering of people's age-long held beliefs can be diffficult to take I accept.

My advice to forumers in the new year is to try and steer clear of debates they have little knowledge on until they garner a few facts. It does not hurt to watch a debate for a day or two and do some investigation yourself before joining in.

Also, people should not try to do things above their capabilities. Take our good old friend Rogba or instance, he is a great IT technician but that is where his expertise ends. Look at the good job he has done in revamping this site?
However, he always gets his fingers burnt when he tries to manage the site or exrt some form of executive control. Why? Because he simply does not have the aptitude.
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Pa Jimoh, Merry Christmas to you too! On a serious note, nine times out of ten, when people get abusive, it is because they have lost the argument. One amazing feature of this forum is that a lot of people get involved in arguments when they do not have the full facts.

When you then hit them with reality and tell them that all they have been reading in the media is crap, they cannot take it. Such dismembering of people's age-long held beliefs can be diffficult to take I accept.

My advice to forumers in the new year is to try and steer clear of debates they have little knowledge on until they garner a few facts. It does not hurt to watch a debate for a day or two and do some investigation yourself before joining in.

Also, people should not try to do things above their capabilities. Take our good old friend Rogba or instance, he is a great IT technician but that is where his expertise ends. Look at the good job he has done in revamping this site?
However, he always gets his fingers burnt when he tries to manage the site or exrt some form of executive control. Why? Because he simply does not have the aptitude.

Ayo... Do you also realise that you will be a lousy politician or diplomat, considering the way you normally hit the nail on the head without any preamble or checking whose ox might be gored. Some of your posts are the bitter truth, but not everybody is ready for such truth without massaging it slowly into their system. Keep it up but steer away from politics, expecially in nigeria.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

So far there's an existence of Arsenal and Man U fans, Kanu and Okocha bashers, people with a #of humongous posts justling for attention and dominance on the forum and of course IK15, On je eba and their fellow intolerant troop, friendliness is out of the question on this forum.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: However, he always gets his fingers burnt when he tries to manage the site or exrt some form of executive control. Why? Because he simply does not have the aptitude.
..And senseless statements like this one just show why this forum cannot be a friendly one.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

Una see dem...? Dem don begin begin dey fight again!
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Have ur gun corked and be ready to fire when fired at. CE forum is no child's play. Let the fireworks begin as we usher in the new year. No truce declared until CCC is relieved of his post and Ogunjobi is cut loose. Long live Naija footy!
...but with God all things are possible...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nanijoe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote: However, he always gets his fingers burnt when he tries to manage the site or exrt some form of executive control. Why? Because he simply does not have the aptitude.
..And senseless statements like this one just show why this forum cannot be a friendly one.
Nanijoe, you do not contribute anything of note to this forum. Your presence here is nothing but inflamatory and provocative. Please go and spend the holiday with your family and allow at at least some peace during this season of goodwill.

It is people like you who only come here to fight that make this place a war zone. At least people like Rogba have their uses. I challenge you to state one benefit you bring to this forum.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Ayo, to be candid with u, to say u're full of $@#% is a big understatement! There's no reason for those crappy comments...and b4 u ask me same question of my usefulness to this site, let me state it....U are full of $@#%.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Riche007 wrote:Ayo, to be candid with u, to say u're full of $@#% is a big understatement! There's no reason for those crappy comments...and b4 u ask me same question of my usefulness to this site, let me state it....U are full of $@#%.
I will let you off this time Richie because:

(1) This is a season of goodwill
(2) This is a thread about friendliness
(3) We are on a new forum and trying to make it less rancorous

However, do not take liberty for licence. Next time na pepper!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Ayo, 3 points...no longer 10pts? Wow, wondas shall never cease to end! :D

On a more serious note, i urge u to take ur advice...dont take pple's leniency and silence as a sign of weakness...everyone knows how to trade words so be on the watch out!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nanijoe wrote:
Nanijoe, you do not contribute anything of note to this forum. Your presence here is nothing but inflamatory and provocative. Please go and spend the holiday with your family and allow at at least some peace during this season of goodwill.

It is people like you who only come here to fight that make this place a war zone. At least people like Rogba have their uses. I challenge you to state one benefit you bring to this forum.

Dude,

If making cell phone calls to SE players is how you derive your sense of self worth..far be it from me to take it away from you.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

The one that drives me crazy is when some body goes "You are a useless journalist and a shame to your profession or- "That is why all Nigerian journalists are useless"
Then i wonder- you may not agree with me on an issue, so how does that make me a shame to my profession?
I think we should argue out issues if thats what it ttakes, but try our best not to get personall on issues.
We dont have to aagree. We may never agree, but we can discuss intelligently.
Lets take a cue from KOC- i dont think i have ever read him launch a personallyattack on any one
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!
Re: Can we make this a friendly forum

Post by AreaStarr »

Lolly wrote:I have been reading a lot of the posts on this new site and there seems to be a lot of bad feelings going on. Can't we try and discuss football matters peacefully. This place feels like a war zone. Too many bullets flying about. Lets discuss football with love and enjoy the forum.
I tell you its hard to be friendly Lolly when you have power drunk moderators who decide to get on their self righteous high horse and decide to start a whole thread attacking your avatar just because it happens to offend their sense of well sensibility. There are worse avatars and signatures than mine but this one individual has decide to pick on me because maybe I am an easy target.
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

The forum as you see it is a microcosm of the country Nigeria and basically you cannot not conclude that Nigeria is a friendly place and would not be for a very long time, however i understand you, there are some that are bent on mischief here.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo:

haba! :x :roll:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Chief Ogbunigwe

Welcome back to the forum. Why you no invite us to ya coronation? Cos I sabi say when we see you for the old forum last week you no be chief.