Eagles team was picked from above, says Chukwu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

When we Pro Fc's talk all the time they say we are bad and hate IC's i guess it is there for all to see and somehow i don't see the usual defenders who kept mouthing about how CCC will win the WC and all come here and talk rubbish. Bell as usual will always try and put a spin into it trying to have pity for CCC and blame others for his demise.. I am not surprised by all of this one bit and some of you i don't either didn't grow up in Naija that much or don't know how naija operates as a whole....

It is there for all to see in CCC's own words how he the list was changed on him. Wow surprising and yet he is the national coach de facto? oh my I remember very well the excuses that came from his loyalists, bands of friends, the CHC's and others who defended him to the core wow where are they now? come out come out wherever you are?

Hahahahaha :lol: there was even talk of CCC leading the WC qualifiers or where is mk1010 who is asking everyone to give CCC his due? hahahahahaa...... :lol: :lol: :lol: this days now all i can do is laugh... :lol:
Last edited by MI5 on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This is what I was querying in one of my previous threads regarding Ikong's "God Father". I suspect someone above (not God) is bent of getting him into the team. Even though I am not a fan of Oruma, I believe he should have been called up as part of the original 41 instead of Ikong. The same trash that happened for the Brazil match when Ikong was played ahead of Seyi and Obodo is going to happen again. I hope he turns out to be another Furo who raised eyebrows when invited to ANC 2000 but ended up shinning. God help us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I can indeed confirm that Waffi's list is the one Chukwu faxed over to the NFA at after training on Wednesday January 14. The list was put together in the afternoon after the morning training session originally.

After the evening training session, the boys went to the restuarant for their meal and then on to their daily evening prayers. Chukwu used this opportunity to meet with his technical crew and he, Eguoavon and Adisa made final changes to the squad, dropping Ejide because of his shoulder injury and finally gave up on Babayaro after not hearing from him.

The "final" list was then faxed to the NFA and shortly afterwards, the boys started receiving calls from their contacts in the NFA, who were revealing who was and who was not on the list. Ikpe Ekong did not bribe anyone and accepted his fate as "God's will." It was not until Ogunjobi got involved that things changed.

My beef with Chukwu is he should have resigned there and then. Obodo was victimised by Ogunjobi because of their spat in the U-23 game. How do we get rid of this evil man?
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

CCC has his excuse if things go belly up in tunis.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

MI5 wrote:When we Pro Fc's all the time they say we are bad and hate IC's i guess it is there for all to see and somehow i don't see the usual defenders who kept mouthing about how CCC will win the WC and all come here and talk rubbish. Bell as usual will always try and put a spin into it trying to have pity for CCC and blame others for his demise.. I am not surprised by all of this one bit and some of you i don't either didn't grow up in Naija that much or don't know how naija operates as a whole....

It is there for all to see in CCC's own words how he the list was changed on him. Wow surprising and yet he is the national coach de facto? oh my I remember very well the excuses that came from his loyalists, bands of friends, the CHC's and others who defended him to the core wow where are they now? come out come out wherever you are?

Hahahahaha :lol: there was even talk of CCC leading the WC qualifiers or where is mk1010 who is asking everyone to give CCC his due? hahahahahaa...... :lol: :lol: :lol: this days now all i can do is laugh... :lol:
MI5

How can an FC work with our NFA?
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

KOC said the list faxed to the NFA had 25 names and that babayaro was the only name not on it. even babayaro would have been on it if he had contacted ccc it seems. seems to me that ccc may have given a final veto to the NFA since the tourney only allows 22 players.
my times are in HIS hands
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

G007,

After dem don beat us well for dis ANC dem you will see a change...

Guv007 wrote:
MI5 wrote:When we Pro Fc's all the time they say we are bad and hate IC's i guess it is there for all to see and somehow i don't see the usual defenders who kept mouthing about how CCC will win the WC and all come here and talk rubbish. Bell as usual will always try and put a spin into it trying to have pity for CCC and blame others for his demise.. I am not surprised by all of this one bit and some of you i don't either didn't grow up in Naija that much or don't know how naija operates as a whole....

MI5

How can an FC work with our NFA?
Soldier of Fortune...
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

G007,

Nigerian soccer has been like this for a long time....if it hasn't changed yet ,dont expect a flogging at the ANC to change anything..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

We go see when the results are not accepted....

Blakes wrote:
G007,

Nigerian soccer has been like this for a long time....if it hasn't changed yet ,dont expect a flogging at the ANC to change anything..
Soldier of Fortune...
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

Riche007 wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:Waffimans Authentic list i smuch more better than what than the current list.

Omey2GAY, go choke on a *****.
Ewu 10 kobo
Are u truly a saint?? :roll: U definitely need God! :idea:

brother i can assure u ,so do u.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

pasamu wrote:KOC said the list faxed to the NFA had 25 names and that babayaro was the only name not on it. even babayaro would have been on it if he had contacted ccc it seems. seems to me that ccc may have given a final veto to the NFA since the tourney only allows 22 players.
That was in the morning. By the evening, Chukwu sent another list which had been pruned down to 22. That was the list which Waffiman published here.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This is Chukwu's original list posted a few days ago by Toxicarrow and confirmed by NFA Chairman, who later revealed it wasn't the final list.

:shock: Naija football :evil:

viewtopic.php?t=1538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I actually think that this "Nations Cup Task Force" idea is not novel but is quite good! A team of selectors is used in many sports and was actually used in football many years ago. It has the advantage of ensuring that coaches favourites are not included in the squad if they are not good enough! This is something we have all moaned about on this forum. For instance, it appears that CCC left Babayaro out of the squad...How can?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

RB: In answer to your question...because Babayaro refused numerous national invitations, failed to turn up at Faro, and failed to contact the coaching team regarding his whereabouts and plans. Everything about the the boy's attitude points to FAILURE. Why should those who have grafted in the training camp make way for such a selfish player who really hasn't shown much in Eagles' colours for years?
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

theYemster wrote:
Bell wrote:IF TRUE...

...C3 should prepare ro resign, for the sake of other IC's, after Tunisia. My main concern is not that they had a list which, to all intents and purposes, has all the names that most people would pen. It is that they took away the prerogative of a coach. Plus they missed an opportunity to call the bluff of the EPL who have treated this camping with contempt.

People who drew up this list are the same people who would sack him should he not win it all. And these are the same people who would not dare to alter an FC's list. Shame on them.

Having said that, those who are raising issues of bribes should feel ashamed of themselves. Where are those who said C3 was bribed when we know now he didn't make the list? Was the "task force" bribed. If the bribe from Ekong was nothing to C3, what can we say about members of the task force sharing it?
Bell
Bell stop trying to turn this story into what it isn't - an excuse for CCC's anticipated failure; if it is true, my point and the point of most other anti-LCs has just been proven once again. They don't have the guts to handle the job. They're just there for the perks of office.

So the SE camp is truly an "Animal Farm"...all players are equal but some are more equal than others.
Yemster, why do you stop at the coaches, why not request a foreign FA headed by Beckenbauer, Neeskens and Cruyff. It goes beyond the coaches alone, Im as dissapointed about the list as everyone else however whilst CCC need to stand up for Principles, I ask, why do you ALLOW the FA to change a list and then when all goes burst all you request is a Foreign coach, I say go for jucular, go for Foreign FA
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I can indeed confirm that Waffi's list is the one Chukwu faxed over to the NFA at after training on Wednesday January 14. The list was put together in the afternoon after the morning training session originally.

After the evening training session, the boys went to the restuarant for their meal and then on to their daily evening prayers. Chukwu used this opportunity to meet with his technical crew and he, Eguoavon and Adisa made final changes to the squad, dropping Ejide because of his shoulder injury and finally gave up on Babayaro after not hearing from him.

The "final" list was then faxed to the NFA and shortly afterwards, the boys started receiving calls from their contacts in the NFA, who were revealing who was and who was not on the list. Ikpe Ekong did not bribe anyone and accepted his fate as "God's will." It was not until Ogunjobi got involved that things changed.

My beef with Chukwu is he should have resigned there and then. Obodo was victimised by Ogunjobi because of their spat in the U-23 game. How do we get rid of this evil man?
AYO:

Based on the following Eguavoen's statement in Today's Vanguard, it was only Melkan that was taken off from the list. Read

Austine Eguavoen is Assistant coach of the Super Eagles
“I’m just hearing from you that the list has been released. We met last week and talked about the list and I didn’t know that it has been released”. After going through the list from me he said, “it’s not a bad list. The list represents almost all the ones we agreed in the meeting with the exception of Taribo who lost to injury and Melkam. I must commend Chukwu for taking us into consideration and confidence. He’s the boss. He would have done otherwise and nothing would happen. But, I thank him. The list is a perfect list. The only thing about it is the Premiership players. We have not played Celestine Babayaro and Victor Agali before. The other players we know and have played with them in one way or the other. I hope they join us so that we can do things together before we head to Tunisia for the Nations Cup”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/200 ... 12004.html
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Toxicarrow, please stop this provocative action. How dare you tell me to go by what a Nigerian journalist says when I know what is going on? Abeg, if na joke make you stop am.

I have first hand information but I should discard it for his third hand info. O boy, take time o.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Guys let us go easy on CCC. The man is a civil servant and he has to work to the rules of his Ministry. Besides, he has a family to feed and if he rocks the boat, he will get fired.

Yes! He could and should have resigned but he has not, so let us get on with it.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I can indeed confirm that Waffi's list is the one Chukwu faxed over to the NFA at after training on Wednesday January 14. The list was put together in the afternoon after the morning training session originally.

AYO:

Based on the following Eguavoen's statement in Today's Vanguard, it was only Melkan that was taken off from the list. Read

Austine Eguavoen is Assistant coach of the Super Eagles
“I’m just hearing from you that the list has been released. We met last week and talked about the list and I didn’t know that it has been released”. After going through the list from me he said, “it’s not a bad list. The list represents almost all the ones we agreed in the meeting with the exception of Taribo who lost to injury and Melkam. I must commend Chukwu for taking us into consideration and confidence. He’s the boss. He would have done otherwise and nothing would happen. But, I thank him. The list is a perfect list. The only thing about it is the Premiership players. We have not played Celestine Babayaro and Victor Agali before. The other players we know and have played with them in one way or the other. I hope they join us so that we can do things together before we head to Tunisia for the Nations Cup”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/200 ... 12004.html
Toxic, Austin is only towing the line. He dare not rock the boat. When he says it is only Melkam, he is telling a lie. Believe me.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

[while wepting] O boy commot jare - which kind yeye NFL? the combination of skill sets in the two games are totally different. No come here dey make yeye comparisons jare :evil:
nanijoe wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]nanijoe[/color] wrote:To play Devil's advocate here, it is rare to have the same person choosing the personnel AND coaching them in US sports.
A coach should probably stick to selecting the team not the Squad.
My friend, this is not the NFL. This is soccer where the coach picks his squad as well as his team. It's akin to saying Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger have little or no say over who is picked in their squad.
My friend, this is sports...If NFL coaches can win championships with squads that someone else selects, then no one should give me any nonsense excuse about NFA selecting squad for them.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Waffiman,

There are no exceptions to anyone from this and everyone and i mean everyone should held accountable for their actions on this mess and decaying situation our national team is in right now...

Being a civil servant doesn't justify anyone to look the other way when injustices are the other of the day within a corrupt environment they work in. No excuse and unaccepatable as things like this will continue even when the next so called civil servant takes over.

If this is what it comes down to it where because some has to "I have a family to feed" to step on the backs of others to survive the money doesn't always go far.. Laws of nature....

Waffiman wrote:Guys let us go easy on CCC. The man is a civil servant and he has to work to the rules of his Ministry. Besides, he has a family to feed and if he rocks the boat, he will get fired.

Yes! He could and should have resigned but he has not, so let us get on with it.
Soldier of Fortune...
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

RudeBoy wrote:I actually think that this "Nations Cup Task Force" idea is not novel but is quite good! A team of selectors is used in many sports and was actually used in football many years ago. It has the advantage of ensuring that coaches favourites are not included in the squad if they are not good enough! This is something we have all moaned about on this forum. For instance, it appears that CCC left Babayaro out of the squad...How can?
How many times has Baba taken the SE for granted, only to become readily available when we have qualified for the particular tourney?

And you were one of those castigating Martin as being unpatriotic for turning down invites, so is it ok for Baba to turn down invites when it suits him?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Nigeria's biggest obstacle to success in Tunisia is 'NIGERIA'.

Why are we cursed with inept, corrupt, good for nothing administrators?

Cheers