KANU: THE MORE I READ ABOUT THIS-THE MORE I GET PISSED-OFF

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
KANU: THE MORE I READ ABOUT THIS-THE MORE I GET PISSED-OFF

Post by GUEST »

Kanu can stay at Arsenal - for now

Arsenal have won their battle with the Nigerian football federation for Kanu to solve their forward injury crisis in Sunday's Premiership game at Aston Villa, Arsene Wenger has revealed.

Kanu: Nations Cup delay (LaurenceGriffiths/GettyImages)

Nigeria coach Christian Chukwu had previously insisted Kanu would have to conform to FIFA regulations on the release of players ahead of the African Nations' Cup tournament.

However, Kanu made a personal appeal to the coach this week to delay his release until after Sunday's game at Villa Park and it would seem as though this has paid off.

Wenger told the club's website: 'Kanu will be available for the Villa game. He will go at the earliest on Monday and at the latest on Wednesday. WHAT A CROCK!'

The other options up front are reduced to a strict minimum as we have Jeremie Aliadiere, Sylvain Wiltord and Dennis Bergkamp still out.

'Dennis and Sylvain are not far away. They have a small chance to be competitive for the FA Cup tie on January 24 but not the Carling Cup tie before then.'

Wenger believes there is still a 'small chance' that Kanu could be able to face Middlesbrough next Tuesday night in the first leg of his side's Carling Cup semi-final.---- THIS IS NONSENSE

However, either way, he will at least be delighted to have the striker available this weekend as injury has already ruled out Bergkamp, Wiltord and Aliadiere.

At Villa Park, Kanu should therefore partner Thierry Henry, ruling out the need for Wenger to turn to youngster David Bentley or push either Robert Pires or Fredrik Ljungberg up front.

The African Nations' Cup tournament starts on January 24, with FIFA allowing countries to call up players a full 14 days ahead of that date and, if Nigeria had stuck to their original plans, Kanu could have been suspended for the Villa fixture.
Last edited by GUEST on Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

We feel the same way too, but what can we do!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hahahahahaha........ I guess CCC is not really in charge afterall... :lol:
Soldier of Fortune...
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Dont blame Wenger. He has a match to win and WILL do anything within the law to do it. CCC / NFA/ sports ministry are the ones that gave him the power.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

juventuss wrote:Dont blame Wenger. He has a match to win and WILL do anything within the law to do it. CCC / NFA/ sports ministry are the ones that gave him the power.
You got it right.
who no know go know.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Wenger should keep Kanu for the whole ANC now, and Ogunjobi should allow him to stay since he is helping Arsenal with injury crisis.

These morons (and it has nothing to do with CCC) have finally dealt Nigeria the greatest insult by allowing a nit-wit like Wenger to bully a whole country. Dont get me wrong, I love Arsenal and I am a fan, but I lopve my coountry even more and these *kindpeople* have just insulted 140 million Nigerians.

What a shame!!!
To stop trying is to start dying
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Pitiful excuses all the time... wow "no bi CCC fault na NFA fault", "no bi CCC fault na Kanu fault" wow God help us...

Shownoja wrote:Wenger should keep Kanu for the whole ANC now, and Ogunjobi should allow him to stay since he is helping Arsenal with injury crisis.

These morons (and it has nothing to do with CCC) have finally dealt Nigeria the greatest insult by allowing a nit-wit like Wenger to bully a whole country. Dont get me wrong, I love Arsenal and I am a fan, but I lopve my coountry even more and these *kindpeople* have just insulted 140 million Nigerians.

What a shame!!!
Soldier of Fortune...
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Suddenly Arsenal needs him so much eh?
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

I don't mind if kanu is staying till the last day but if CC plans to use him in the first team ( a disaster anyway), it will be suicidal.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well least they are keeping him fit though-much better training in arsenal rather than the third world training methods adopted by the nigerian coaching crew!!!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Well, what can I say?

As a Nigerian, I feel cheap, used and abused. :cry: :cry: :cry:

All the Martins-bashers: shouldn't you be bashing NFA traitors right now?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
khalela

Post by khalela »

I think the Kanu boy has many things worrying him oh! Why does it have to happen that the team needs him most when his country need him too. By the time one opportunity elapses, the other will be gone also and then he will spend the rest of the season on the bench-especially if Arsenal get Jermaine Defoe.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Why on earth is Kanu showing loyalty to a coach who has shown him disloyalty over the last 2 years?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.