Bello-Osagie psyches up Obodo, other dropped players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

As Ikedia relishes beating Babangida to it

ONE man's meat, they say, could be another's poison. The hottest sports news making the rounds at the moment could be the final list of 22 players released by Super Eagles' Chief Coach Christian Chuwku for the Nations Cup.

While the whole attention will be lavished on the players that made the list, not many would reckon with those who did not.

"I tried to let the dropped players know that they are still young and could make many Nations Cup squads in the years ahead. Such a time will come when like Kanu and Taribo, they will become regulars in the team."

"I talked to these two specially because they were good during training and I am happy they saw reasons with me."

On Melkam, Bello-Osagie said: "Melkan said he was very happy that this is the first time he is being invited to the national team. He observed that the invitation will give his career a boost, saying that the experience gained during the camping could not be quantified in monetary terms."

In Bello-Osagie's opinion, Melkam's dropping may not have been completely misplaced.

"You know he is a left full back and there is no way you can drop either Ifeanyi Udeze or Celestine Babayaro for him. He understands all these and believes he could get his fair share of playing time in the years ahead," he pointed out.

Like Melkam, Obodo believes things can only get better in the years ahead.

MORE:
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sports/article02