What do you think about him...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omonaija
Egg
Egg
What do you think about him...

Post by omonaija »

....making the england team?? Does he have any chances of ever playing for England ever again?? Mumu, I guess he should have played for Naija when we called him....he his a good defender though!
Ehiogu still dreams of England

Middlesbrough defender Ugo Ehiogu has not given up on his dreams of spending the summer on international duty at the Euro 2004 finals.

Ehiogu: Dreams of England (LaurenceGriffiths/GettyImages)

The 31-year-old was one of the main beneficiaries of England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson's original trawl around the Premiership to assess exactly what he had at his disposal before he selected his first squads.

However, unlike club-mate Gareth Southgate, he did not make the cut for the 2002 World Cup finals and having damaged knee ligaments at the end of last season, has had to take a back seat.

But having returned to action against Manchester United on December 28, Ehiogu is hoping to force his way back into the reckoning in the prolonged absence of Rio Ferdinand despite the growing claims of John Terry and the rejuvenated Jonathan Woodgate.

'That [England] is always at the back of my thoughts, but the first thing is to establish myself again in the Boro side, get a good run of games and hopefully see what happens,' said Ehiogu.

'But I can take heart from my first few weeks back and playing against people like Manchester United. I've got a recall to the team and if I can return to the form that I was in before I got injured, then hopefully it's not over.

'I'm still finding my feet a little bit in terms of just getting into the flow of things, but I feel physically stronger and with more games and a good run in the team, I feel as though I will get stronger.'

Ehiogu's best-laid plans, however, are being threatened by a fresh injury as he prepares for tomorrow's Premiership clash with Leicester at the Riverside Stadium.

The defender suffered a groin injury during the 4-1 drubbing at Arsenal last weekend and was replaced at half-time by Chris Riggott, and he is a major doubt for a game which is vital to his side's hopes.

The Teessiders slipped to 14th in the league table with their reverse at Highbury, but have a game in hand on most of the sides around them and know that a win this weekend, coupled with favourable results elsewhere, could catapult them into the top half.

Leicester arrive on the back of successive home defeats by Chelsea and Manchester City, the latter in Wednesday night's FA Cup third round replay, and with their top-flight status under real threat.

With Arsenal still to play three more times this month in the Carling and FA Cups, Boro could do with a morale-boosting victory, but they will have to be better than they were last weekend when the Gunners ran amok.

'We're wounded, there's no doubt about that, but there's a good inner strength among the players in this side,' said Ehiogu.

Number two goalkeeper Carlo Nash remains on the sidelines with a finger injury and Brad Jones continues to deputise for Mark Schwarzer.
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

31 years old? his days are numbered....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Good luck to him.

Cheers
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Blakes,
I really wished he had responded when we wanted him to play for the SE then but he turned us down. He is still a very good defender though, I wouldn't mind having him in our present set of SE players going to the ANC....! I wish him all the best.

Ameobi, should start thinking of playing for the Eagles a.s.a.p because I don't think that this guy will eventually make it to play for the english team. :P
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

i dont think he will play for England
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Debuting internationally past the age of 30? :mrgreen:
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

The man is dreaming.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

lowzeewee wrote:Debuting internationally past the age of 30? :mrgreen:
He's already had his debut.
azuka

Post by azuka »

I wish him luck. Serves him right though. I remember when virtually begged to play for the SE and he turned it down.