Apart from the dropping of Obodo...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

All you fake analysts should please sharrap :evil:

Everyone is a bleeding expert...Except only CCC has the job, and the choice to make and live with.

No matter how many ways you calculate it...

If 41-x=22 then x will always be equal to 19

That means that there will always be someone or a group of people who feel they deserve to be included, but will not make the cut.

Its called LIFE - HELLO ???

So stop whinning like ya pikin wasnt picked to play 7-aside monkey post.

Maybe next time....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

geminikoat wrote:We could argue day and night about who impressed in camp and who did not but I would rather have a proven Baba to a novice like Melkam.

Considering that this is a major tournament, I will rather stick with Baba. Nworgu over Agali? Ayo please now!

The intention of the changes I can agree with, but the practice is odious; it undercuts the authoruty of the coaches.
My dear, U need to see how i cherished this your post. u just made my day.

I have not seen Mekham but Baba
I have not seen a proven Nworgu but Agali
And I am comfortable with them than these two dark horses.

For instance, the presence of Mboma (i.e. Yekini against Spain) can send some chivering fever to any defence even at his present weak stage than putting an unknown Ronaldino on your attack.
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

If it is true Ogunjobi changed the orginal list from Chukwu.Chukwu should resign immeadiately and tell Nigerians what the situation. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Ogunjobi should go ahead pronounce himself the head coach. Chukwu will be stupid to allow Ogunjobi use him as a fall guy.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Resign? Which Naija man has ever done that?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

I think we should include Galadima in addition to Ogunjobi when talking about the enemies of Naija soccer. The fool even had the guts to state publicly that the NFA task force would be choosing the team.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Well there you have it! You were told the task force was going to do this CCC knew and it appears so did we!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Ayo, you are picking and choosing who you complain about, the fact is that Baba for Melkam makes more sense than Ekong or Lawal on the team.

Point one, the fact that Lawal was been played at left back in camp showed you that CCC was worried about the LB position with Udeze being out. It's the same old fear that if Baba was not selected then it would be up to the iexperienced Melkam to hold down the fort and I am sure the prospect of a rookie scared the hell out of some people but what puzzles me is why not drop Lawal and go with Melkam and baba on the bench for insurance. Now who is Baba's back up if udeze can't play.

Same thing with Usim, If Abbey can't perform he would have filled the gap, if Ekong fails like I know he would he would have filled the gap, if Yobo or Okoronkwo goes down he would have filled the gap now we are left with Enakihire who has shown that even though he can play CD, he can't play RB or DM.

Dropping Usim, Melkam and Obodo for Lawal, Ekong and Orjinta ( another wastepipe of monumental porportions, I can still remember how the little boys from Brazil uselessed him repeatedly) has categorically changed the character of the SE.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

For how long are we going to going to get bombarded with all these negativities?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg
SPORTS SOUVENIR:WHY OBODO AND OTHERS WERE DROPPED?

Post by sunshinestar »

You guys need to read the next edition of Sports Souvenir(to be officially out tomorrow)to see how and why Rotimi,Obodo and Melkam wee dropped.According to Qazeem Elegbede,CCC had the trio on the list but Ogunjobi and co did abracadabra with it.
Qazeem who has been with the team in Faro said CCC confided in him that Obodo would make the team.CCC also made sure he phoned Obodo to report back to camp as soon as he finished playing last weekend and as advised Obodo did return on Tuesday.Eventually he made CCC's list but was dropped.Ejide had injury and did not start training with the team until a few days to the bombshell,CCC according to Q did not want to risk taking him but NFA felt otherwise.For Melkam,he did well in camp but had to always face in-form Ikedia who turned him inside out most of the time.
For those who are in Nigeria,buy Sports Souvenir to get much more insight into what transpired in camp.
I could also learn that Babayaro's name could be dropped by CAF because NFA did not include his Date of Birth!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Babayaro's name could be dropped by CAF because NFA did not include his Date of Birth!!!
:D :D :D :D :D Melkam, don't unpack yet, there might be a reprieve afterall :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cheeiii, a bit of good news :D :D :D
Its a Goal wrote:
Babayaro's name could be dropped by CAF because NFA did not include his Date of Birth!!!
:D :D :D :D :D Melkam, don't unpack yet, there might be a reprieve afterall :D.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I just hope they forgot to include Ekong's date of birth too. Baba and Ekong for Melkham and Obodo and I will have no complaints.

I am still unhappy about the way Agali got into the team but I suppose I can live with him as long as he is firmly parked on the bench throughout the tournament. Injustice is an attrocious thing!
mystic

Post by mystic »

From the perspective of looking at the strength of the squad, dropping Obodo for Ikpe Ekong is the only major problem that I have with the team. Agali and Babayaro are clearly better players than Nworgu and Melkam, and anyone that says otherwise is living in lala-land.

That being said, the NFA has no business interfering in the selection process of the coach. Under no cirmustances is this acceptable.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Mystic I agree with your first paragraph! And really when you look at it like that Nigeria are going to the tournament with their strongest possible team!

With regard your second paragraph, in my opinion that is a decision between CCC & the NFA. It seems to me that CCC is okay with it!

Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

nigeria will suprise me if they get to the final
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Another good on Ayo,
who no know go know.
Diabo
Egg
Egg

Post by Diabo »

This could be Nigeria's strongest group of individuals, but it is certainly not a strong team!

If you check http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=team you will find the following definition:

Team = A group organized to work together

This group of pompous stars arriving 3 days before the tournament kicks off will most certainly lack the organization that will enable them to work properly together! :(