Turning Down National Calls, what does it cost? from Fashonu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

Do not worry about it which section of Nigeria that usually turns down when they are called upon to represent Nigeria. One funny thing about it they are only interested to represent Nigeria when they required to be cooperation excutives or director and general secretaries of nfa. They are good in asking for what the country will do for them but when it is the other way round they will come up with the best flimsy fabrications. Why do you think people Like Okacha are reluctanf to keep sacrificizing for Nigeria.
ruff4ruff4
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff4ruff4 »

Ola Daniel may just be another 'called but did not respond'.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Its also clear that most of these players are from a particular country that plays kick 'n' rush;traditionally arrogant country. This same country you wll agree with me sh'd have benefitted from Nationalised players (the way France did/isdoing) long ago. The statistics pelted by the creator is true but a better analysis will show u that it is not in the character of the tribe insinuated to be what is been portrayed. In fact in the case of Obafemi, his worst critics are from the tribe labelled Y and the people that opposed his inclusion ( saying he was not matured enough, not as good as Kanu,,,bla...bla...bla) were people from I.Nigeria does'nt need this now anyway
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

ruff4ruff4 wrote:Ola Daniel may just be another 'called but did not respond'.
But has this boy been invited before?

real deal, you made some clear points.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Vindave , you should seek to improve your intellect before seeking :D :D :D :D
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

lagos777 wrote:Vindave , you should seek to improve your intellect before seeking :D :D :D :D
Meaning What???
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

VINDAVE wrote:
lagos777 wrote:Vindave , you should seek to improve your intellect before seeking :D :D :D :D
Meaning What???
Go figure. :P
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

I concur. This is one of the dumbest dim-witted posts I've seen. Vindave, Carry your mango head do better thing.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

VINDAVE wrote:
AquinasCollege wrote:Fashanu was benched the last time he honored Nigeria's invitation before he opted for England
After passing his prime with plenty shakara.
Why don't you just accept that you are wrong: the guy honored the invitation to play for Nigeria. It does not matter whether he was young or not.

Even if he refused, we have no right to condemn him because he was not raised in Nigeria or by Nigerian parents (he and his brother were adopted by the British), do Nigeria gave him nothing and has no right to demand anything from him.

All we could do was to REQUEST his servivces, and when we did he respondend.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Dodo wrote:Ryan Giggs does have black ancestry, whether he is ashamed of this i dont know. as we all know
I have heard that that's "black" in the old British terminology ie his dad had some South Asian background or something. I don't think he has black African roots at all.

He supposedly doesn't acknowledge his dad - period - because he abandoned the family. Cant say I blame him for that - its not about race.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Vincent. wrote:
VINDAVE wrote:
AquinasCollege wrote:Fashanu was benched the last time he honored Nigeria's invitation before he opted for England
After passing his prime with plenty shakara.
Why don't you just accept that you are wrong: the guy honored the invitation to play for Nigeria. It does not matter whether he was young or not.

Even if he refused, we have no right to condemn him because he was not raised in Nigeria or by Nigerian parents (he and his brother were adopted by the British), do Nigeria gave him nothing and has no right to demand anything from him.

All we could do was to REQUEST his servivces, and when we did he respondend.
Prior to Sydney Olympic 2000 when Kanu refused to honour the second calling to U-23, Fashonu case was well treated here when he said Kanu should be ban from coming to the country. It was widely discussed in this forum how he turned down calls upon calls waiting to wear England Jersey. So his later coming to camp was just a face saving attempt at his old-age.

One day after about 10yrs of play, somebody like Martins may just come and we can now said yes he honoured his national call.

U GUYS SHOULD PONDER ON THIS AXIOM PROPER AND LET FORGET SENTIMENT AS NOT TO BE DECIEVED BY JOHN'S ANTIC. AND THE ONE TO COME. AND PLS. DON'T SEE ME LIKE A TRIBALIST CUS U DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE I AM FROM.