Super Eagles Faro camp in disarray

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

This story reads like the writer is making it up as they write.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Yeah Whatever!!

Can we now look forward in eager anticipation to the ANC!!! Go Eagles Go!
Last edited by RudeBoy on Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

RudeBoy wrote:Yeah Whatever!!

Can we now looked forward in eager anticipation to the ANC!!! Go Eagles Go!
No worry, you go soon dey cry. :cry: :cry:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Waffi, It won't be the first or last time I'd cry for the Eagles! Still doesn't mean I don't or won't support them! But I get the vibe here that quite a few of you actually want Nigeria to fail!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

omey2k4 wrote:The most insulted players are the homebased players,they do alll the dirty work only for the pros to come withtheir ego and spoile everything up.
That is why these home-based can't wait to go abroad, even if it is China or Dubai. They then come back after half a season and behave like big boiz (blowing fake grammar even when they don't speak English in that country).
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

RudeBoy wrote:Waffi, It won't be the first or last time I'd cry for the Eagles! Still doesn't mean I don't or won't support them! But I get the vibe here that quite a few of you actually want Nigeria to fail!
RUDEBOY:
Trust me, it is more than a "vibe"!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
Gotti wrote:
oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:The story is more of garbage than facts.
JUNK Journalism -- with a capital "J"!
Gooti,

I am sure it was Ade Oheikere!
SIR V:
I would not be shocked if it was!
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

RudeBoy wrote:Waffi, It won't be the first or last time I'd cry for the Eagles! Still doesn't mean I don't or won't support them! But I get the vibe here that quite a few of you actually want Nigeria to fail!
If failure is what it will take for us to get our acts toghether, then so be it.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

IK, this is "news" just dropped the credibility of your site big time. To be taken serious, you have to produce concrete and tangible facts, not rumours and inuendos. Provide names of players revolting, provide names of your sources or at least position within the team.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

Its a Goal wrote:IK, this is "news" just dropped the credibility of your site big time. To be taken serious, you have to produce concrete and tangible facts, not rumours and inuendos. Provide names of players revolting, provide names of your sources or at least position within the team.
Its a Goal:
I think it is apparent that the story of Eagles' camp being in "Disarray" is concocted. When journalists want to "Do you in”, they often resort to nameless sources and analysts.
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Vincent. wrote:
If failure is what it will take for us to get our acts toghether, then so be it.
I can't believe you actually want the Eagles to fail!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]ofilis[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Its a Goal[/color] wrote:IK, this is "news" just dropped the credibility of your site big time. To be taken serious, you have to produce concrete and tangible facts, not rumours and inuendos. Provide names of players revolting, provide names of your sources or at least position within the team.
Its a Goal:
I think it is apparent that the story of Eagles' camp being in "Disarray" is concocted. When journalists want to "Do you in”, they often resort to nameless sources and analysts.
But the thing is that is a brand new website which I think IK is partly responsible for. It is suppose to rival KON in content and authencity of stories they carry. This "news" just destroyed any credibility they were trying to build with fans.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Gotti wrote:
With the way some guys argue here they are worse than junk journalists!
wawa
Egg
Egg

Post by wawa »

Ikwereman, it really sounds like your story was written on the beach in Tahiti. Forgive me but it sounds like heresay. If you are really sending your posts from Tahiti (i would sure envy you) beware of those tall drinks served with fruit garnishes. They sure can mess with your analytical skills.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

RudeBoy wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
I can't believe you actually want the Eagles to fail!
As I said before, if failure is the only thing that will wake us up, then it would be a good thing.

Failure to prepare is preparation to fail. We have not prepared well, so I will not be surprised by anything.

We had this same discussion before the World Cup in Japan, but we have not learned our lesson from that failure because people are continue to claim that we did not fail because we used the World Cup to "build a foundation," which has since been eroded by the lightest of rain showers.

It is this attirude that prevents the entire country from making progress.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The funny thing is that when Oliseh insisted on Udeze over Babayaro since the later was notorious for playing the Baboon (after Monkey don work finish), the same pipul accused him of making team selections...

Where is the team captain, Okocha?

Doing what he does best, trying not to rock the boat...

You think if he was in camp he would have fought for the players that were wrongfully dropped? How can he? He is one of the culprits...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

Cellular wrote:The funny thing is that when Oliseh insisted on Udeze over Babayaro since the later was notorious for playing the Baboon (after Monkey don work finish), the same pipul accused him of making team selections...

Where is the team captain, Okocha?

Doing what he does best, trying not to rock the boat...

You think if he was in camp he would have fought for the players that were wrongfully dropped? How can he? He is one of the culprits...
Cellular:
Spot on. We are very funny people.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

sunshinestar wrote:
Gotti wrote:
With the way some guys argue here they are worse than junk journalists!
SUNSHINESTAR:
Since you address this to me, I will keep it succint: the DIFFERENCE is that we are not journalists purporting to report the news (and effectively defend the public trust). We are mere football FANS voicing our opinions (for whatever it is worth -- often not a whole lot) on a discussion forum where every Tola, Dike and Haruna (assuming that is in fact their real names) can sign in and spout off!

It is when some of YOUR pals herein forget that this is merely a fansite that all manner of discord and problems usually crop up.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Gotti: And that is where the problem is here most of the time: Some think that this is more than merely a fansite!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Its a Goal wrote:IK, this is "news" just dropped the credibility of your site big time. To be taken serious, you have to produce concrete and tangible facts, not rumours and inuendos. Provide names of players revolting, provide names of your sources or at least position within the team.

I must say I felt the same way after reading that story in Ikwerreman's site. It was so aberrant compared to stories about camp in other papers (including those that had journalists in Faro) and from other reports. To say that it was a huge disappointing reading is to say the least. It is one thing to be angered by the selection of the team but quite another to try to create a story that appeared to be based on mere imagination.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

I felt thie same way some of you here feel about the story in question and i have taken time to read all your views on that report.

I have put a call through to the writer of the story and he swears his sources are genuine and the story is not a figment of his imagination.

I am waiting for feedback and when it comes you guys may get an idea of what really went on in the camp that generated that story.

Cheers
Lowen Brau
Egg
Egg

Post by Lowen Brau »

Vincent. wrote:This is what happens when a coach has no settled team.

When CCC spend 1.5 years "building a home-based, back-up team" without actually succeeding in building one those of us who talked were sometimes yabbed.

Under "civilized" conditions, a camp like this (taking place two weeks before the tournament) should be used to select back-up players to (like the third striker, etc) and perfect tactics for our first-round opponents.

However, because Chukwu has no team, he had to invite millions of players to camp and try to sellect 22.

It is logical that people are now crying foul because it is difficult for them to understand the basis on which players are now being selected. If Chukwu had a team players would have known long ago where they stood and there would have been less confusion and confrontation.

I do not see your point. CCC invited less talented home-based players to Faro until he was sure who was definitely coming and who was not. He then deselected those who could not make the 22 player list. What is wrong with that? Those deselected still have future opportunities to play for SE. The young shall grow,
He beats Christian Chukwu, he beats Christian Madu, He beats Christian Nwokocha. This man must be a moslem. Yes he is. His name is Baba Mohammed.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Lowen Brau wrote:
Vincent. wrote:This is what happens when a coach has no settled team.

When CCC spend 1.5 years "building a home-based, back-up team" without actually succeeding in building one those of us who talked were sometimes yabbed.

Under "civilized" conditions, a camp like this (taking place two weeks before the tournament) should be used to select back-up players to (like the third striker, etc) and perfect tactics for our first-round opponents.

However, because Chukwu has no team, he had to invite millions of players to camp and try to sellect 22.

It is logical that people are now crying foul because it is difficult for them to understand the basis on which players are now being selected. If Chukwu had a team players would have known long ago where they stood and there would have been less confusion and confrontation.

I do not see your point. CCC invited less talented home-based players to Faro until he was sure who was definitely coming and who was not. He then deselected those who could not make the 22 player list. What is wrong with that? Those deselected still have future opportunities to play for SE. The young shall grow,

Vincent:

Which confusion? I will not exactly characterize the questions surrounding the non-selection of one player (Obodo) as "confusion". The other non-selections are basically understaood considering various other circumstances.

Btw, the "home-based" idea has more than met its goal. Imagine the fact that you have two homebased players in the squad to Tunis. Imagine that two others in that squad were selected while being homebased. Imagine that you read no stories like "only two players were training under four coaches with one week into Faro camp." The above are part of the reasons why continuing to have a homebased squad is the way to go. I have not added that it is that same homebased squad that allowed Nigeria to meet several international friendly commitments when the :big boys" turned down invitations.