I really Like this...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

eric
Egg
Egg
I really Like this...

Post by eric »

The effect of African players, especially Nigerian players is really being felt in the EPL as the ANC gets ready to kick off.

Just going by the BBC website weekend premiership matches review, it can be seen how valuable our players have become as Okocha, Kanu, Yakubu, Yobo, Kanoute, et-al are being talked about in the 'full match preview' for their clubs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 385645.stm

At least the EPL will have more respect for the ANC and African players... hopefully :-)
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Eric would u say this is positive for the ANc or negative for the boys careers?
eric
Egg
Egg

Post by eric »

Dodo wrote:Eric would u say this is positive for the ANc or negative for the boys careers?
Dodo...

I think that its a positive thing for everyone concerned...
For the boys, they have shown that they are valuable to their clubs, and it brings more focus to them and other prospecting African players(Agaghowa), especially as more managers and scouts will follow the ANC. In addition, managers and clubs will now be concerned with how best to work with this kind of issue next time around (ANC conflicting with League games) .

For the ANC, it is now a focus center (esp in England), and in due time should/will feature more stars of African decent (thanks to Kanoute and the other guy that is hoping to play for Tunisia).

please help me out, as i fail to see the negative side of this all.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Negative in the fact that with all the bull that comes up every two years when the ANC comes around, managers will be reluctant to recruit these guys because of this club versus country malaky. I mean, four weeks before the tournament , big sam starting yarnning pickles, now Moyes is yarning about salary. Future players will be encouraged to sign to say they will not be attending the ANC or not get paid whilst they are away. The ANC has always been a scout's wet dream but not as much as before as cream of the talent already ply their trade in europe, 10 years ago Obafemi Martins, would have packed his own bags, paid his way to play for Nigeira in Tunisia, but now, he has made his name and his Nigerian adventure at this juncture is non-issue. It will be in 2006 but not right now