HOW COME THERE ARE NO ONDO STATE PLAYERS ON THE EAGLES?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
HOW COME THERE ARE NO ONDO STATE PLAYERS ON THE EAGLES?

Post by JACKAL »

With the exception of Seyi Olofinjana, I don’t really remember any player from the Old Ondo state making it to the Eagles.

Why do I say this?

Well, for about 2 seconds, I attended high school in this great, over educated part of Nigeria and I can tell you the kids there were just as enthusiastic about the game as any other part of Nigeria.

The principal’s cups were the best.

The rivalries between the schools were about a thousand years old between great institutions like Christ school, Aquinas, Oyemekun, Mary Immaculate and mercenaried-up, Egbe oba. I saw a lot of indigenous young players perform on these teams with just as much skill and aplomb as any where else in the nation. I also remember watching great local side like Housing and Works of Ado-Ekiti, all with young eager players who performed to appreciative and enthusiastic crowds.

Thus my question: how come more players from this area didn’t make it to the national team ?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ondo state is not the most Educated state in Nigeria! Stop perpetuating a myth!
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

yeah right, ondo state is full of history professor and not scince or business experts, I saw them all when I was in great Ife
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

lol, that Honour of the most educated state should be going to Imo state. Go figures!!!!

Solowe dat wire wey dey spark inside ur head dn start again? :mrgreen:
Peter Obi For President 2023
Gotti
Re: HOW COME THERE ARE NO ONDO STATE PLAYERS ON THE EAGLES?

Post by Gotti »

Solowe wrote:With the exception of Seyi Olofinjana, I don’t really remember any player from the Old Ondo state making it to the Eagles.

Why do I say this?

Well, for about 2 seconds, I attended high school in this great, over educated part of Nigeria and I can tell you the kids there were just as enthusiastic about the game as any other part of Nigeria.

The rivalries between the schools were about a thousand years old between great institutions like Christ school, Aquinas, Oyemekun, Mary Immaculate and mercenaried-up, Egbe oba. I saw a lot of indigenous young players perform on these teams with just as much skill and aplomb as any where else in the nation. I also remember watching great local side like Housing and Works of Ado-Ekiti, all with young eager players who performed to appreciative and enthusiastic crowds.

Thus my question: how come more players from this area didn’t make it to the national team ?
SOLOWE:
While I do not pretend to know why, I happen to know that "enthusiasm" is not enough. There should be some talent that goes with that spirit -- except maybe in the United Kingdom! :lol:

And I actually recall seeing Ado-Ekiti Works (in fact, I believe they were called 'Works Rangers') at the national stage, and to put it politely, they were neophytes -- sort of what Kenya would look like at the World Cup! :lol:
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:lol, that Honour of the most educated state should be going to Imo state. Go figures!!!!

For your information, Ondo State has the highest density of Professors per square kilometre in the world. Note the word "WORLD".
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

Solowe wrote:With the exception of Seyi Olofinjana, I don’t really remember any player from the Old Ondo state making it to the Eagles.

Why do I say this?

You've answered your question, boss. How many SE players are big on education? :lol: :lol: :lol: ............ (somehow I can guess the topic of your next thread. :roll: )
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Akure4Life wrote:
uzoma007 Da CE Virus wrote:lol, that Honour of the most educated state should be going to Imo state. Go figures!!!!

For your information, Ondo State has the highest density of Professors per square kilometre in the world. Note the word "WORLD".
thank you ooo... All these Ondo haters....
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Akure4Life wrote:

That still doesn't make them the most educated state. Am talking about high school turn outs every year, Jamb applications, WAEC results e.t.c

With your logic, then if a state has the highest number of Doc.'s or lawyers/sq.km then what should happen?
Peter Obi For President 2023
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Juventus, AK4life na urban legend! I dare you to prove it.

I am not an Ondo hater; I'm a truth lover!

Uzoma, you sef dey yarn? Who tell you say na Imo get am? :lol: :lol:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

airwolex wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ondo state is not the most Educated state in Nigeria! Stop perpetuating a myth!
Oboy, Airwolex watch ya self o... :lol:

I didnt say they were the most educated, however I do know they have a lot of overeducated people....meaning, people with 3 degrees or more.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

valachi wrote:yeah right, ondo state is full of history professor and not scince or business experts, I saw them all when I was in great Ife
Valachi,

perhaps you went to the wrong school. There were quite a number of in Science, Medicine and Math ones in U.I......Then again U.I is the bomb of all Naija Universities.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Akure4Life wrote:

U mean educated illiterates?.....cos Nigeria, not Ondo has the highest number!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
tribalfootball.com
Egg
Egg

Post by tribalfootball.com »

Is this suppose to be another Yoruba thread or Afenifere thread in here.

Please let us stop all this Oduduwa Mythical ideology in here.

Viva Nigeria
Jesus loves u
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

007Uzoma,

I dont who is the most educted, and if I had written that I assure you that 0ur good friend from the rant and tave section "Ojemba" would already be here defending the pride of Imo state. :lol: :lol:
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Gotti

The best team to come out of old Ondo state is Water Co-operation FC of Akure.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Solowe, It's a "racist world" out there in the SE.

But seriously, Ondo people sometimes are just satisfied to be studying instead of turning the corner in other endeavours.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Gotti wrote: While I do not pretend to know why, I happen to know that "enthusiasm" is not enough. There should be some talent that goes with that spirit -- except maybe in the United Kingdom! :lol:

And I actually recall seeing Ado-Ekiti Works (in fact, I believe they were called 'Works Rangers') at the national stage, and to put it politely, they were neophytes -- sort of what Kenya would look like at the World Cup! :lol:
Baba Gotti,

Perhaps you caught them on the downslide ma brother. :lol: :lol:

They were a good and solid divsion 3 or 2 side side for the time I saw them. They won quite a number of games that I saw at the Ado Ekiti stadium.

......and while you are underestimating "enthusiasm" as a virtue in a young aspiring person, you would notice i metioned "skill" as part of their attributes. 8) 8)
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Akure4Life wrote:

Akure4life,

Is this a fact or just conjecture ??
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Kenovski wrote: You've answered your question, boss. How many SE players are big on education? :lol: :lol: :lol: ............ (somehow I can guess the topic of your next thread. :roll: )
Kenovski,

uhmmmm, ......the topic is already forming in my head; .......Ethnic breakdown of Eagles Uneducated players !!!! uhmmmm, intresting :P :P
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

tribalfootball.com wrote:Is this suppose to be another Yoruba thread or Afenifere thread in here.

Please let us stop all this Oduduwa Mythical ideology in here.

Viva Nigeria
tribalfootball.com,

Not at all.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Akure4Life wrote:Gotti

The best team to come out of old Ondo state is Water Co-operation FC of Akure.
Akure4life,

I am tring to remeber water corporation ? Please help.

I know housing was the team back in the day, I cant quite remeber water. I know water of Ibadan, but not sure of Akure.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Solowe wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:

Akure4life,

Is this a fact or just conjecture ??

It is a fact. During the 70s and 80s, they were a very strong team. I think they finished third one season and also got to the semis of the FA cup.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.